bump
  • ckes84
    ckes84 Posts: 52
    Options
    bump
  • TheNewLeslie
    TheNewLeslie Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Bumpage to print later. Yum, yum, and more yum.
  • janjan369
    janjan369 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    BUMP - love all the recipes!
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    *BUMPING FOR NEW AND EXCITING IDEAS*

: D
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Dang all this sounds yummy
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    bumping this for later use...have been wanting to get my guinoa own for a while now
  • girlnumber57
    Options
    bump - I love quinoa and plan on stealing these ideas! thanks
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Mmmm... Bump :-)
  • Marie294
    Marie294 Posts: 304
    Options
    I want to try so many of these recipes! Yummy :)
  • djlindstrom
    Options
    Bump - just bought quinoa for the first time yesterday and had no ideas what to do with it! Thanks!
  • kmgarza
    kmgarza Posts: 31
    Options
    Bump!
    I have been wanting to try quinoa so maybe I will give it a shot with one of the recipes listed!!
  • sandyfp4h
    sandyfp4h Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great post and all the ideas. I'm making the quinoa burgers tonight.
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I made up an Indian version for quinoa.. it is easy and almost satisfies my butter chicken craving. Everything is to taste and a guess - sorry I never measure. :wink:

cup of quinoa
    1 medium cooking onion chopped
    2 cloves of garlic chopped
    teaspoon of olive oil
    fresh ginger grated (to taste)
    curry powder (your choice and to taste)
    1/2 water 1/2 chicken stock

fresh tomato chopped
    chickpeas or other vegetable - frozen peas, spinach? (if you like)
    Chicken (pre-cooked - I marinate it in yogurt and tandoori powder and grill it)
    cilantro (or mint if you like it?)

Brown your onion, garlic, ginger in a bit of oil in a pot for a few minutes. Throw your curry powder in after, mix it around and let it cook for 30 seconds or so to bloom. Chuck in your water and chicken stock (liquid amount according to whatever your quinoa package says). Cook about 18-20 minutes or according to package. When finished, throw in your tomato, chickpeas or vegetable, chicken and cilantro. Mix it up a bit and serve with greek yogurt or cucumber raita on the side if you can be bothered to make that too!
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Open package
    Dump quinoa into trash
    Go grill steak

:tongue:
  • dwiebe85
    dwiebe85 Posts: 123
    Options
    bump
  • amylynn96
    amylynn96 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    bumpidity bump!!!! tried it for the first time last night i liked it, cooked and added lightly sautaed onions and celery with lemon juice and parsley, pretty good.
  • Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Quinoa burgers - http://www.cookingquinoa.net/quinoa-burger
    I love these and they are packed with protein!

I do something similar, but I cut the cooked quinoa in with black beans to make a KILLER black bean burger.

- 1 can or 1 cup prepared black beans.
    - 1/2 cup Quinoa- cooked
    - 1 small tin of chopped green chilis (Ortega, La Morena, whatever you like)
    - 1 to 2 cups Glutino Gluten Free Bread Crumbs (separated)
    - Seasoning. I use the Arizona Dreaming blend from Penzeys Spices, but Chef Prudomme's is great as well.
    - 1 hot sautee or frying pan with a thin layer of olive, peanut or other high-temp cooking oil. Grapeseed works well, too.

Puree the black beans, quinao and chili's until just mixed. If yo need extra moisture, add a little chicken broth. If you need to soak up moisture, add the bread crumbs until it has the consistency of meatloaf or slightly more dense than falafel (pre-cooked)

Add your desired amount of spices to One of the cups of bread crumbs, set aside in a shallow baking dish or bowl You will use this to coat the burgers.

Shape the bean mixture into patty's. They should hold shape. If they are too soggy and slopping apart, add more breadcrumb to the mix. Too dry, add a little broth or water.

Press the patty into the seasoned breadcrumbs on both sides.
    Heat the pan to medium heat until the oil shimmers. If it does, it's hot enough. Fry the patty until heated-through and golden brown on each side. Repeat until done. Melt a piece of cheese on top and serve on your choice of bun. Tasty!