Could I Get A Diary Check Please?

Options
PeachyPlum
PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
I'm hungry and people are telling me my calories are too high. I'm eating tons of protein and fiber - I think.
So if I'm eating too much, why is my stomach always growling?

Replies

• megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I don't think your diary is open....
  • kinsellae
    kinsellae Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I don't think you're eating too much. If you're hungry listen to your body and eat.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    You had 1/2 cup chickpeas with a piece of string cheese for dinner. No wonder you are starving, I would definately be! I think you need to eat more substantial things. make a salad or have some chicken.
  • edleim
    edleim Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You are eating too much sugar, not enough fat and too few fiberous carbs. Everyone's body is different but I don't see any vegetables in there and you seem to eat a lot of snack food. I have my diary set so i can see sugar and fiber. i would check that out. I joined this years ago to check out my stats and realized i was not eating enough fat. I ditched the soy cheese and replaced it with regular cheese, ditched my skinny cow with real dark chocolate (portioned out for single servings) and started using more olive oil and eating avocado. I dropped 5 pounds just doing that. While that is all i had to lose- it seemed to fall off and that weight is usually the hardest. I find when i need to get back on track i go back to eating whole foods being sure to eat carbs at one or two meals so that i am actually full.
  • PeachyPlum
    Options
    You had 1/2 cup chickpeas with a piece of string cheese for dinner. No wonder you are starving, I would definately be! I think you need to eat more substantial things. make a salad or have some chicken.

Well, that was dinner 1. I had to go take an exam and needed something in my stom ach before I went. I I am trying to figure out what to eat now that will actually fill me up for the night!
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Seems to me you are eating some high calorie/dense foods and not the lower calorie high nutrition stuff. Like I don't see a lot of fruits and vegetables. Those you can eat a lot of quantity and fill up but not expend a lot of calories. And what's the deal with coconut oil? Seems like a lot of calories but not going to fill you up. Are you drinking lots of water? And exercising? You can "buy" more calories by eating back your exercise calories.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I'm hungry and people are telling me my calories are too high. I'm eating tons of protein and fiber - I think.

you'll get more scientific answers than mine ( and more than likely more credible), but I think of it like this. if you are hungry, then eat. if you have exercise calories, eat them back . if you have hit your calorie limit..so what? youre hungry, so eat!!!

eat something that you are likely to enjoy. screw the macros. Im not saying go get burgers from mickys, but this is a lifestyle, and feeling hungry and eating stuff that dosnt bring you pleasure isn't a lifestyle i'd want. balance and moderation...work hard, eat sensibly, be happy, be healthy :-)

peace!
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    this is where I need help with as well. thanks for posting
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Too high? at 1670? Who are these people? If you are very active that might be too LOW - especially if you don't eat back exercise calories. If you're hungry, eat.
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options

you'll get more scientific answers than mine ( and more than likely more credible), but I think of it like this. if you are hungry, then eat. if you have exercise calories, eat them back . if you have hit your calorie limit..so what? youre hungry, so eat!!!

And you still have 400 calories left this evening! That could be part of it!

: )
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    From what I see you have 400 calories left to eat. Eat some lean protein and vegetables to use that up. Piece of roasted chicken and veg? Stir fry? I'm starving too after 1200 calories. I feel full at around 1500. That means I have to exercise everyday to earn those extra 300 calories, but so long as I do I don't feel hungry. Good luck.
  • ballerina454
    ballerina454 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You are def. not eating too much! You are way under your calories for the day and are already at dinner. Eat more!!!
  • jessicataylor2
    Options
    Your calories seem fine to me. But if you're feeling that hungry you could up them maybe a little? I usually try to eat around 1,500. What I suggest though is trying to stretch the cals more even through out the day. It seems like you're eating a lot of them towards the beginning of the day which leaves you very little to eat if you're feeling hungry later on.
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Fresh and Easy - Frozen Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, 0.5 chicken breast 8.oz (230g)
    Fresh & Easy - Seven Grain Rice With Garlic & Red Pepper, 1 cup
    Cascadian Farm - Frozen Broccoli Florets, 0.25 cups

That WILL fill you up - 389 calories, 49g carbs, 7g fat, 34g protein.

I had that for my lunch today, at 11:30 am. I'm STILL full - and I have an appetite like a barnyard mule. :-D

Eat well - enjoy!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    I think your diary looks wonderful :]
    Enjoy your second dinner :D hehe
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    you still have 400 calories left-make a salad with some grilled chicken and veggies. Low cal/ high nutrients! Just as long as you don't smother it in dressing :happy:
  • Masterdo
    Masterdo Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    You can probably eat more if you want without worrying too much. You are usually pretty good with your macros though, so that's really nice. Check your numbers, BMR, TDEE with the tools on MFP or fat 2 fit radio. You seem pretty active, so you can probably up the calories without problems :)

Something you could try too is to change your eating schedule a little. Like eat a bigger lunch instead of a bigger breakfast, etc. Intake timing doesn't really affect weight loss, but it might affect your appetite though.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    More non calorie dense vegetables.
  • PeachyPlum
    Options
    Your calories seem fine to me. But if you're feeling that hungry you could up them maybe a little? I usually try to eat around 1,500. What I suggest though is trying to stretch the cals more even through out the day. It seems like you're eating a lot of them towards the beginning of the day which leaves you very little to eat if you're feeling hungry later on.

I know this is true, but I eat breakfast before work, usually around 6am. On a fairly regular basis, I don't get to eat lunch until 3:00 or later because it's so crazy at work - and I am not allowed to have any food at my desk. If I don't pack it in at breakfast, I run the risk of being starving (and mildly homicidal) for hours.

It's dinner that kills me! That and the fact that dinner is often not until 8 or 9 pm!
  • jenschnack
    jenschnack Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Check http://www.fat2fitradio.com/ do the BMR calculation.
    I just started New Rules for Lifting for Women and it tells me to eat 1900+ on nonworkout days and 2100+ on workout days to maintain. I am 5'2"