Am I eating enough calories???

Options
Hello. When I signed up, MFP set my calories at 1200. I am in my late 30's, 5'2 and 187 trying to lose 50lbs. I have been consistent with my calories and exercising for 1 month and haven't lose a pound.

Replies

• michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    If you set your goal to lose 2 lbs per week you're probably not eating enough. Set it to 1 lb per week instead.
  • Drawberry
    Drawberry Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am looking to drop around 40-50lbs myself, and right around 5'3. I am also on the 1200 calorie plan. But everyone's body is different, and it may take you longer to drop the weight then you might hope for. What kind of exercise are you doing? Cardio is fantastic for getting off the fat, if you've heard of that 30 day shred video-I recommend it. It just about knocked me off my butt and I haven't sweat that hard in my life.
  • tawny2727
    tawny2727 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I will change it. Do you know how to change it??? lol
  • tawny2727
    Options
    We walk at least 5 times a week 30-60 minutes, strength training, exercise bike. That sounds tough but it's great to sweat. Thank you.
  • chubbiechicken
    Options
    1200 usually is for people who sit down at their jobs.......its unhealthy .... im at 1500........ you need to eat and try tonot eat after 730pm were it stores to fat..... are u working out ? try to cut back on carbs and add more proteins .... sugar and sodium are the death !!!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I will change it. Do you know how to change it??? lol

Click "My Home" then "Goals" then "Change Goals" and switch the last (?) one to 1 lb/week... or even .5 lbs per week.
  • tawny2727
    Options
    Thank you.
  • dany_m
    dany_m Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more as you are currently eating below your BMR. Have a read here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/512956-tdee-what-is-it-and-why-you-should-not-eat-below-your-bmr

Good luck!