Favorite Exercise Class or Program?

lc52820
lc52820 Posts: 76 Member
What is your favorite exercise class you have been to or program you have tried?

If you are in the Cincinnati area, Cardio Dance Party is a lot of fun! It is a great workout (I usually burn 700+ calories in an hour), you just have to not be worried about looking like an idiot LOL. I started going with a group of people from work since we all got a Groupon for it and we love it.

http://www.cardiodanceparty.com/Home_Page.html

Also I am a fan of videos that I can do at home, then I really have no excuse not to exercise! I have a series of Weight Loss Workout videos that I really enjoy, it's a good balance of cardio and strength training with a lot of kick boxing influences. There is also a series that is more pilates/yoga inspired. Here is a link for one of the videos I have.

http://acacialifestyle.com/weight-loss-cardio-kick/p/52129/

Replies

• workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    I love Turbo Fire. It is fun and gives great results.
  • lynnmarie60
    lynnmarie60 Posts: 325
    I like Zumba and Kettlebell
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    I'm hopelessy devoted to Spinning.
    And running.
    And kettlebells.

Learning to love yoga as well.
  • bedinky1207
    bedinky1207 Posts: 53 Member
    Love Kettlebells and any cardio class. I'm a cardio junkie. At home I love P90X.
  • ahsats
    ahsats Posts: 75 Member
    A class called Jiggle at a pole studio in Atlanta. It's listening to the raunchiest rap music ever and moving your derrière at a rapid pace. Basically if you've seen the Twerk Team on youtube, that's what we do for an hour.
  • amymay76
    amymay76 Posts: 3
    Another Turbo Fire fan here! I also like Jazzercise classes (fun music).
  • Jenph20
    Jenph20 Posts: 134 Member
    Insanity is by far my favorite workout. Ive done it twice, asylum, brazil butt lift, and im currently doing p90x. I love all beachbody programs. I have a ladies only support group on fb if you are interested in joining. Send me a msg, we would love to have yoU!! :)
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Pretty much the only class/programs I can tolerate are the ballet barre based ones. There's Cardio Barre, Barre Method, and (to a much lesser extent because it annoys me) Yoga Booty Ballet.

I can usually sit through a Pilates class or a yoga class if the instructor isn't too crunchy and doesn't waste class time with meditation and all of that.
  • I'm loving barre3. If there isn't a studio in your area (yet), they have a LOT of workouts available online for $15/month at mybarre3.com. It has already completely transformed my body and I've only been doing it for a couple months. Don't think I'll be giving it up anytime soon.