Loner

Options
sthomasx7
sthomasx7 Posts: 22 Member
So I started a program at local gym in January and found MFP. Always considered myself a loner for work-outs, weight loss, etc. But found out through this program that classes are actually pretty fun and you find lots of support. So I figured maybe that is why I haven't done as well on MFP becusae I have just been a loner and browsing the community for inspriation wihtout making any connections.

So long story short - I'm a 47 yr old working mother of 5 (ages 9 to 29), married almost 30 years. Weight increased over the years. At, 5:2" - I have stayed around 180- 190lbs for several years but went over the 200 mark over the holidays. Largest I have ever been. I would like to say I keep putting work, kids and family ahead of myself but I also spend too much time on computer and watching TV when I shoudl be up and moving. Worked a few years ago on jogging and have actually wogged (walk/jagged) a few 5Ks but then let excuses get in the way again. Working on C25K for cardio to get ready for 5K in June for my birthday present to me and started 30 day shred today doing it every other day.

Short term goals - complete 30Day Shred without giving up, complete June 5K in under 45 minutes (walk/jog).

So anyway, that's me. Wish me luck.

Replies

• jazalla25
    jazalla25 Posts: 11
    Options
    good luck, and being a loner isnt bad, as long as you see results :)
  • julsbrock
    julsbrock Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello! Wow....with the exception of our height (I'm 5'7"), your long-story-short paragraph could have been mine (oh...and I have 3 kids as opposed to 5..haha). I can totally relate to that.

I'm not sure what the 30 Day Shred is but GOOD LUCK WITH IT!

If you would like add me as a friend, I would be honored to follow along on your journey and be one of your cheerleaders.
  • michelle850
    michelle850 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I just finished the 30 day shred today, whew! You can do it!!!!!!! Good luck to you!!!
  • sthomasx7
    Options
    Did you have good results? Did you do in 30 days or add days of rest?
  • sthomasx7
    Options
    OK, taking 2 day beak on 30DS - my arms/chest refuse to do push up but still did my walking/jogging today to get ready for 5K. Thanks for the support and new friends.