Do you workout?

Options

Replies

• Ianultrarunner
    Ianultrarunner Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I credit exercise and eating in moderation smartly for keeping the weight off.
    It's a balance.
    If you don't exercise you likely risk easily putting the pounds back on because your metabolism won't change and you will also hit a loss plateau very quickly and give up.
  • lilojoke
    lilojoke Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    i dont workout

HAHAHAHHAHAHAA
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I just started the Couch to 5K program; today was Day 1. I was not loving it while I was out on the trail ("when will it be over??!!"), but feel SOOOOOOO good now. I plan to do the C25K in conjunction with the healthier eating... I'm working on making it a lifestyle change vs a diet or weight loss program.

CONGRATS!!! I hope you stick with it - it worth it!!! Turn your brain off and enjoy!
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    you dont have to..............simply adhering to your calories will make you lose weight

I only workout 30 min 3 times a week.

Depends if your goals are weight related only, or partially fitness based.
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Workout should DEFINITELY be done when losing weight. It kickstarts your metabolism and helps you burn more faster - couple that with a great eating plan and you are sure to be dropping off the weight!

Besides, if you don't workout, how else will your muscles tighten up the loose skin after you've lost weight? You don't want hanging skin!
    I feel the same.
  • duhblond
    duhblond Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Yeah! Working out is really important to me - not just for weight loss, but for muscle tone, strength and general health.
    some days I'm not up to much so I'll do a fun workout like belly dancing, but for all other days I do a mix of aerobics, weight lifting, circuit training, brisk walking, biking, yoga, and pilates.
    The variety helps me not to get bored.
    I work out 7 days a week for a minimum 30 consecutive minutes.
    Hope you find something you enjoy so that you can get your workout mojo going :)
  • luckynme1892
    Options
    LORRRRDDDDD, I stopped going to the NYSC due to the price, and lost of my job, a month went by where i had no excercise. FINALLYYYY I signed up for a new gym that was alot cheaper, funny thing is, i havent gone to the gym even once. its like i got comfortable not going and i just stopped. i have had the membership open for a month TODAY. what to do, what to do, what to do?! :(
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Yes, I workout... I think food choices are the major factor in weight loss, but added exercise is best for your overall health. Also my goal isn't just to lose weight, but gain muscle and working out plays a huge role in that.

I usually workout 30 minutes a day 6 days a week, and "rest" on Sundays.

***Weight loss wise... I joined MFP January 7th of this year at 242lbs , and I am down a little over 60 lbs right now (currently 181.6 lbs). I think because of the combination of exercise and good eating habits :smile:
  • howeclectic
    howeclectic Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I-I-I-I-I Work out!

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle!
  • BrittanyLail
    BrittanyLail Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Yes!!
  • mohanj
    mohanj Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Most definetly. I work out minimum 5 days alternating cadio and strength training. I feel much stronger, energetic and more than anything my knee pain is almost negligible (arhritis in both knees) and my wheezing is gone.
  • MariaAlbina
    MariaAlbina Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I definitely think it aids in weight loss but I don't work out much. I do try to ride my stationary bike for like 20 minutes everyday, but I had no motivation today.
  • AlliecoreXX
    AlliecoreXX Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Oh hellz yes
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Yes!!

I couldn't lose without exercise. I finished C25K last week, and now have added running to my routine. For me, it's not an option.
  • DreBeauty
    DreBeauty Posts: 14
    Options
    Yes...I definitely exercise daily mostly cardio. I've never tried this without working out so I don't know if it's speeding up the weightloss
  • LisaCFSF
    LisaCFSF Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    i dont workout

And you aren't sarcastic either! :wink: Love it!

And guess what, NEWS FLASH: the secret to weight loss is diet & exercise!!!! Go figure!

I do CrossFit and TaeKwonDo; run 5Ks, hunt, fish, swim, water ski, you name it!!!! Life is not a spectator sport!!! Get out there and do whatever you have a passion for people!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    You can eat at a deficit to lose weight and look good in your clothes, or you can exercise and eat to fuel your exercise to look good naked. I've been looking pretty good naked recently.
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    You can lose weight with diet alone, but if you want to change your body's SHAPE, you gotta work out...Enjoy!!:drinker:
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I workout 6 or 7 times a week. Honestly, I never thought I'd ENJOY working out, but now I do. I feel it has definitely helped in my rapid reduction (70 lbs in 10 months), in making me look and feel better, and in improving my overall health. It has also helped me change some of my goals; I've never understood running until I started doing it with my wife; now we're doing 5K training and considering adventure races and a triathlon in the not-too-distant future.

For my wife & I, working out has also helped with the eating issue. Once we started to see ourselves as athletes and put so much effort into taking care of our bodies, the idea of eating junk food ("poisoning the temple," as my wife would say) became much less appealing.