Protein shakes...?

Options
Tlove1111
Tlove1111 Posts: 69 Member
I need some suggestions for a good protein shake for women. I'm using an organic hemp one from trader joes, but it tastes like crap and only has 8g of protein per serving.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

Replies

• Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Protein isn't sex specific. Get a whey protein that you like the taste of...

Mix it with whatever you like, almond milk, milk, peanut butter, yogurt, fruit, spinach, whatever floats your boat.

Optimum Nutrition has flavors I really enjoy. Some of the cheaper brands you can pick up at Walmart and such definitely taste awful.
  • dwiebe85
    dwiebe85 Posts: 123
    Options
    bump
  • bllecroy
    bllecroy Posts: 31
    Options
    I would look for a low calorie protein powder. I drink two 100 calorie shakes a day with 4 ounces of water and 4 ounes of skim milk.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I use Body fortress's chocolate whey protein. It tastes very very good. Specially if you mix it with like 1% milk. Its fairly cheap too (I bought it for like $15 at my local grocery store) and has 26g per scoop
  • tessavonhagen
    tessavonhagen Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    i love the special k french vanilla protien shake has 10 grams of protien and taste great.
  • carlypreiss
    carlypreiss Posts: 91
    Options
    IsoFemme has a really nice one. I believe it has extra calcium. 26g of protein per serving.
  • nlehmann
    nlehmann Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Protein isn't sex specific. Get a whey protein that you like the taste of...

Agree ^^ you should choose based on what you are looking for. I use Prue Protein brand. Tastes good, low carb moderate calories and an average price.
  • genuinelyfrans
    Options
    You should definitely get the Six Star Pro Nutrition Elite Series Professional Strength Whey Isolate Decadent Chocolate. I just got it yesterday at Wal-Mart for about $20 and it is soooo good! I really like it a lot, definitely more than the other one I was using.
  • Jazzyjules71
    Jazzyjules71 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I like the muscle milk whey protein, get it at Costco or Sams. 28 gm of protein. I mix it with a small amount of almond milk, greek yogurt, kale and fruit for a smoothie.
  • Normsgirl225
    Options
    GNC Iso burst (pure whey) in natural flavor (85 cal scoop and 20g of protein!!) that way you can mix it with whatever you want for whatever flavor you like!
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Agree with neo. Protein is just protein.

Body fortress from walmart does tastes nasty! This time, I bought Muscletech (just as cheap), and even my picky hubs is drinking it. It has 20 grams of protein per 1 scoop.

I make mine into a slushie by blending it with ice.
  • Tlove1111
    Tlove1111 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions. Very helpful :)
  • clare_smiles
    clare_smiles Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I really like Super Advanced Body Fortress- vanilla, choc, straw, or choc-peanut, a huge tub is $15 at walmart. I usually mix it with unsweetened almond milk, flax and ice for a low carb shake. But, it's also very good with skim milk and fruit. It's the best tasting one I've tried. Low fat, low carb and high protein.
  • aekaya
    aekaya Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Life's Basics plant protein powder in chocolate flavor is my favorite. It has lots of healthy fats, and is 130 calories for 22 grams of protein, and it is REALLY delicious!
  • allygirlxo8
    allygirlxo8 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    biggest loser protien water is a perfect after workout recovery. the raspberry is my favorite. it isnt a meal replacement but it makes for a great snack after you work out.... or if you are looking for something sweet that will not undo your day. i do roller derby and this is something i drink after each practice to keep me from getting sore and also from getting hungry that late at night.

I also just purchased Herbalife. i use a scoop of vanilla herbalife with some fruit a little milk and ice and blend it up in my Ninja Kitchen pulse. works like the bullet but better! has to go cups. you blend the shake in your cup and off you go!

16519423.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • ucaminax
    ucaminax Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I like the Designer Whey Protein powder (vanilla) from Trader Joe's. It's not organic I dont think but it has no artificial sweeteners or colors or flavors, and it tastes good!
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Myofusion Cookies and Cream is AMAZING! 150cal with 24g protein and it tastes so good! if you put peanut butter in it, it tastes like a reeses
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I drink Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 Protein Shake in Chocolate from GNC. It tastes great and it has 60 grams of protein in 3 scoops, which is what they consider a serving size. I only take 1 and a half after my work outs and that seems to work for me. It's easily digested, which it great for my sensitive lactose intolerant stomach. Plus it's mixed with water, not milk, so that saves you a few calories.
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Bumping for new ideas. I'm coming to the end of my first container of Muscle Milk. It tastes o.k. (chocolate flavor) when I mix it with milk and crushed ice. But I'm ready to try something new.
  • geneanroberts
    geneanroberts Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I do Body by Vi....tastes a heck of alot better and it has a tri-sorb protein that is patented. Its absorbs better than other proteins :)