Need some suggestions...im at a platue

Options
Im not overweight, so if you want to save your responses to someone who may need them more than I do, i totally understand! Im kind of at a plateu. I run and work out now, and try to eat right but i am not noticing any results. I am trying to lower my BMI and body fat percentage, and trying to train up to excel at some military physical fitness tests that I have coming up in the future. I currently weigh around 135 ish, and i am 5'3". My goal is to be around 120lbs and lower my body fat percentage. I dont have time to drive to a gym with my crazy schedules and not living near one, so everything i have is at home. How can i push myself that much farther to actually reach my goals? thanks for any suggestions!

Replies

• DaddyofMEA
    Options
    I understand where you are and how tough it can be. You might want to try posting in the General Diet and Weight Loss Help section. This section is for success stories. You will probably find some good suggestions or further assistance over there.
  • mommy2maddox
    mommy2maddox Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'd like to see some answers/suggestions as well. I am 5'3" and 142 and stuck. I was down to 135 around New Years and then got sick and gained some weight from the steroids treating my asthma.

I go to the gym 4-6 days a week. I train 4 days and do cardio 6 days. I am really hating my fat calves right now and so I am doing a lot of cardio to try to help slim those.

I would like some suggestions on how to get out of this rut, too. I have heard that if your current exercise plan isn't working then you need to change it up such as running backwards or doing the elliptical reverse. I see that you don't regularly exercise and I think that may be what is holding you up. I would suggest watching your diet more and drinking a LOT of water. Drink a glass of water before each meal. Maybe make a calendar with your goals and reward yourself if you reach that goal on weigh in day. If you don't reach it, that reward gets pushed out to the next weigh in. If you can't drive to the gym, try getting a walk in.

I hope that helps a little. I'm at a loss, too.
  • denisem40
    denisem40 Posts: 3
    Options
    cut out all dairy wheat/ carbs for 7 days go very low on carbs even wheat seriously/down half gallon of water daily/even get good colon cleansing helped me drop the last 17lbs.fast/ keep all butr 4 off after slowy tweekig lowfat sugarfee dairy/carbs back in my diet:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :glasses: :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!