Taking 2 consecutive days off? Helpful or hurtful?

Options
So I'm a full time college student as well as a full time employee. On Mondays and Tuesdays, I work 8am-5pm and then I have school from 6pm-10pm. Tonight, I got home around 10:40pm. I barely have enough time to try and "unwind" my mind before my alarm goes off again in a few hours.

So my question is, I need to get back into the workout routine. I'll be honest with myself, theres no way I'm doing it on these two days. Would it hurt me to work out Wednesday thru Sunday? Then my "rest" days will be Monday and Tuesday. I'd be like having a weekend break, just a few days later.

Thanks in advance for your help and advice!!

Replies

• KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    If that's what you have to do, that's what you have to do. Just get your workouts in when you can. Personally, I wouldn't be able to because even one day off makes it hard to workout the next day (Ideally I try to do some light yoga or stretching on my off days for at least 30 minutes) but if you don't have time to workout, don't stress about trying to fit it in because it's also extremely important to get enough sleep.
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    Don't see why this would pose a problem. Sounds fine to me.
  • DocGu
    DocGu Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    It is fine, if anything it may be a little helpful. We all need days off or at least light days during the week. Going hard all the time is a great way to burn yourself out. I've burned myself out (overtrained) in the past and it is very hard to recover from.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Don't see why this would pose a problem. Sounds fine to me.

agreed
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I work out Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday just because that's when the classes I want are available and it fits my schedule. I've been fine. You just have to be extra vigilant about calories on those days.
  • snewsome7
    snewsome7 Posts: 189
    Options
    I sometimes have to take 2 days off in a row as well. If you start doing this and you see that you are not losing like you want to, try some HIIT (high intensity interval training) workouts on one or 2 of the days (but not back to back) and see if that helps. Good luck!!
  • CampKelly
    CampKelly Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Always listen to your body :wink:
  • angieling3
    angieling3 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I think this is what I'm going to have to do to get the job done. Its always good to take a day off.

I'm gonna look into that HIIT training though.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I workout when I can.. and normally that is Sunday, Monday, Tuesday Rest, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday Rest and maybe Saturday.

You do what you can.. and if thats what works, then awesome.