45 days to lose 22 pounds!

Options

Replies

• KeRAWRi
    KeRAWRi Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Eat clean, train dirty. If you don't lose the 45 lbs in 22 days but still lose something then be proud of that and don't give up. :] I wish you goodluck! Make sure you get enough calories in and drink a lot of water.
  • Platnex
    Platnex Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    It will be difficult, but good luck! Maybe try and book a doctor's appointment halfway through the 22 days to make sure you're healthy and everything is going well?

As I said with an earlier post, my doctor is really interested in this aswell and has asked for my permission to take this on as a case study on the effects of exercise in the overweight at extreme circumstances and has booked me in for 3 check ups a week for the duration.
  • mewaybright
    mewaybright Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Well I don't know about the 22 lbs in 45 days bur depending on how overweight you are you will possibly drop 5 a week in the first couple of weeks if you start eating right, drink lots of water and incorporate a strong exercise program. However you manage to work towards this goal I would wish you good luck and suggest you listen to your body… do not put yourself in hospital over a suit.
  • jfaure23
    jfaure23 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Wow. YOU CAN DO THIS!

You can lose the weight if you put in the work. I agree with previous posters that it will be hard work and it needs to be done through exercise and healthy eating, not starving. Protein shakes may be good. I would say you need to do daily exercise, at least 30 mins of which should be intense weights and/or cardio. Weights are good to build muscle and increase metabolism, but muscle weighs more, so in the short term may show more of a gain than if you were reducing your body mass through reduced fat stores.

There are going to be lots of posters interested in your results. A blog is not a bad idea.

Myself and a few other ladies are doing Jillian MIchaels' 90 Day body revolution. Average weight loss in the program is 39 lbs over the 90 days. We each track our progress. My link is jessicapeaches.blogspot.com and there are links there to other body revolutionaries. We tend to post about our daily fitness and nutrition accomplishments, and I would be interested in reading the same about your journey.

Good luck!!
  • wyze
    wyze Posts: 248
    Options
    Wow how do people get off on being negative when someone asks for help? I have noticed this on MFP recently and i think it is just sad. Everyone is entitled to respectfully air their opinions without being rude. Telling someone to cut his leg off is so unnecessary

@OP i do not know much about losing 22lbs in 45 days, and if you have a doctor monitoring your progress, atleast you are being safe about it. I also know that the more weight you have to lose, the faster the lbs will come off. Eat a lot of veggies and fruits. Add lean protein to your meals and avoid fried stuff. Boil or grill your meat. Eat healthy grains and legumes such as brown rice and quinoa, beans and oats. Also cut down on bread. Bake rather than fry potatoes and use healthy fats such as olive oil, avocado, nuts etc. Cardio along with weights will also help keep you toned.

Good luck and stay healthy
  • Platnex
    Options
    please keep us informed ok. :flowerforyou:
    I will of course

I am thinking of making a daily blog about it, not sure if I should do it via the blog for friends or by a daily forum post to be honest.

I would vote a blog because then people can find the other entries via your profile as opposed to hunting your thread down. However, my understanding of how MFP tracks long-term posts vs. blogs is fuzzy.

I agree, I think what I will do is make a blog post daily/every other day and then post the blog to the forums ever week.
  • Platnex
    Options
    Wow how do people get off on being negative when someone asks for help? I have noticed this on MFP recently and i think it is just sad. Everyone is entitled to respectfully air their opinions without being rude. Telling someone to cut his leg off is so unnecessary

@OP i do not know much about losing 22lbs in 45 days, and if you have a doctor monitoring your progress, atleast you are being safe about it. I also know that the more weight you have to lose, the faster the lbs will come off. Eat a lot of veggies and fruits. Add lean protein to your meals and avoid fried stuff. Boil or grill your meat. Eat healthy grains and legumes such as brown rice and quinoa, beans and oats. Also cut down on bread. Bake rather than fry potatoes and use healthy fats such as olive oil, avocado, nuts etc. Cardio along with weights will also help keep you toned.

Good luck and stay healthy

I could not have put that first part better myself, there is a lot of people I have noticed on the forums who seem to be overly negative about everything or have a lot of useless information that may not even be true to share however I just take it in my stride, I have learned from many a year online not to "Feed the trolls" I know most think they are doing well however so I shall just leave it at that :)

Thanks for your imput :)
  • kelhun1
    kelhun1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Okay, one of my favorite (cheap!) meals are quesadillas made on Ole - High Fiber, Low Carb Tortilla Wraps (Extreme Wellness Tortilla). I just stick them in my George Forman grill, top them with a little low fat cheese and whatever toppings you like (tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, chicken breast, etc.) fold them in half, close the lid and let them get melty. Serve with salsa and fat free sour cream.

The trick is finding the Ole - High Fiber, Low Carb Tortilla Wraps. (Extreme Wellness Tortilla) I buy mine at Kroger ($2.50 for 8). They are a good size tortilla. Only 71 cal., 2 g. fat, 8g protein, 5 carbs and 12g fiber! They are really soft and don't taste "healthy". In fact, my 12 year old son loves them. The 12 g. of fiber and 8g. of protein really help to keep your blood sugar level and at 71 calories you can have a couple of them.

I also like to cook Boca burgers on the Forman, spread a little spicy hummus on the wrap and put the Boca in it. (Sounds gross, but it's actually really good)

Good luck on meeting your goal. Be safe and listen to your body.
  • Platnex
    Options
    Okay, one of my favorite (cheap!) meals are quesadillas made on Ole - High Fiber, Low Carb Tortilla Wraps (Extreme Wellness Tortilla). I just stick them in my George Forman grill, top them with a little low fat cheese and whatever toppings you like (tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, chicken breast, etc.) fold them in half, close the lid and let them get melty. Serve with salsa and fat free sour cream.

The trick is finding the Ole - High Fiber, Low Carb Tortilla Wraps. (Extreme Wellness Tortilla) I buy mine at Kroger ($2.50 for 8). They are a good size tortilla. Only 71 cal., 2 g. fat, 8g protein, 5 carbs and 12g fiber! They are really soft and don't taste "healthy". In fact, my 12 year old son loves them. The 12 g. of fiber and 8g. of protein really help to keep your blood sugar level and at 71 calories you can have a couple of them.

I also like to cook Boca burgers on the Forman, spread a little spicy hummus on the wrap and put the Boca in it. (Sounds gross, but it's actually really good)

Good luck on meeting your goal. Be safe and listen to your body.

I do love Boca burgers I have to admit, anything spicy I adore.

Unforgently it is impossible to get any ole products in the UK, there is a few other things available like it however I may try your suggestion one day soon as my george forman grill arrives on Thursday :)
  • Platnex
    Options
    Calling this a night for now, I shall have a read back of this tomorrow when I come back from the doctors apointment. Thanks for all your contributions to this.
  • gostumpy
    gostumpy Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Interested!

All I can add is FISH! Zero carbs, lots of protein, great for working out... I wouldn't cut red meat completely, perhaps just keep those meals for when you're weight training?

Eggs for breakfast, with cucumber and other vegetables, no toast, try and cut out all breads if possible... Snacks, carrots, celery, nuts, etc...

Just some thoughts, I'm no expert!

-edit-

OH! MAKE YOUR DIARY PUBLIC! We'd all love to see!
  • spseattle25
    spseattle25 Posts: 12
    Options
    wow. 22 pounds in 45 days is not going to happen. i'm sorry. but with out massively starving yourself, there is no way to lose that much weight so fast. it wouldn't be healthy. a person isn't suppose to lose more than 2 pounds per week.

I'm sorry, I totally disagree with this. In 60 days, I lost 32 lbs. HEALTHILY. It is critical to eat enough, and workout a lot. I am working out 2-3 hours per day, and eating high protein, high fiber, low carb. Triple up your water, and get a lot of sleep. :)

Everyone is different. Some weeks I lost 3-5 lbs, some weeks, 1. Some weeks none. On average, 2.5-3

Remember it is YOUR body and your life --- this is not true for everyone. You CAN Safely lose 22 lbs in 45 days. My new goal for may is 15-18 lbs in 30 days.
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    All the best to you. It may seem extreme to some but its your choice and it seems you have everything in place to do it the healthiest you can. I have been on this journey for a long time now, slow and steady is my game but boy i admit I would like it to be fast and fantiastic in a flash. I'm 52 so I guess I will stick to slow and steady. Would love to follow your journey though.
  • sdavis448
    sdavis448 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    meh.. I say go for it.. I've lost 10 pounds in 10 days.. eating normal food, and about 1200 calories a day. I burn about 900 a day though working out. I would say don't go extreme with calorie restriction, but work out hard.
    I'm the same weight as you, btw.. weighed in at 268 this morning.. it's possible!
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I've lost 29 pounds in less than 50 days. Starting weight of 263. That includes a 2 week stall from not eating enough calories while I had the flu. I eat 1600-1800 cals a day and always net at least 1200. The key for me was working out twice a day and eating as clean as I can. I'm not giving up my coffee creamer! I did 30 Day Shred in the morning and walked at a brisk pace at night for 30 minutes. I've moved on to Body Revolution now but I was completely sedentary when I started MFP. You can absolutely do this! Oh, and if you don't have them, buy weights. Another great place to start is nerdfitness.com. The Angry Birds Workout helped me so much. Good luck to you!
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    ... if I am honest I do not expect to get it, I will personally be happy with 10 pounds in the month and a half.

One of the keys to successful weight loss and weight control is setting realistic and achievable targets.

If you don't think it's achievable, then you'll fail and feel bad.

Target 10 lbs in 45 days. If you lose more, great. If you lose the same amount the next 45 days, you've established a pattern.

Good luck!
  • kylTKe
    kylTKe Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm not a pro just a guy who has been around.

1) Calorie deficit - Eat less calories than you burn. Go look up how many calories a person your size needs to maintain their current weight. Then either eat less than that or exercise to burn additional calories so that your net calories for the day is lower than the number you need to maintain.

2) Diet - Not necessary to lose weight but I would recommend cutting out all sugar and processed carbs (white flour and such). They have a lot of calories usually and they digest quickly, leaving you hungry soon. I've also heard many times that salt causes your body to retain water. I can't vouch for the validity of that, but it may be worth investigating.

That's it. Of course exercise is good but it won't make you lose weight on it's own. Lets say you currently eat only enough calories to maintain your current weight. If you start to do 2 hours of cardio a day (lets say it burns 1000 cal) and you also start eating an extra 1000 cal per day, you won't really lose weight (though you will become fitter). On the flip side, if you continue to eat the same amount of calories and you add that cardio, you'll be at a 1000 calorie deficit. And of course if you don't exercise and just eat 1000 less calories a day you'll also be at a 1000 calorie deficit.
  • Platnex
    Options
    Interested!

All I can add is FISH! Zero carbs, lots of protein, great for working out... I wouldn't cut red meat completely, perhaps just keep those meals for when you're weight training?

Eggs for breakfast, with cucumber and other vegetables, no toast, try and cut out all breads if possible... Snacks, carrots, celery, nuts, etc...

Just some thoughts, I'm no expert!

-edit-

OH! MAKE YOUR DIARY PUBLIC! We'd all love to see!

I plan on making my Diary public and blog public, updating it food and exercise daily, blog a few times a week and updating it it via forums once a week.

I agree with the fish aspect though, I love my salmos so that will be happening :)
  • Platnex
    Options
    This is offically starting on Monday, I wanted to start it yesterday however the Doctor wanted a bit of time to prepare everything he wants to do for the aspect of a case study.
  • melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Good luck, you can certainly do it. My husband is sorta on a diet with me and he eats alot but much healthy now and limiting his portions well its been 42 days and he has lost 24 lbs. He was 306 lbs now at 283. so its certainly do able especially being overweight and being a guy.