HELP! Females only please!! =)

Options
So im sure this has already come up on here but when you get your monthly's, aunt flow, special time of the month or whatever you like to call it, do you get cravings for chocolate/sugar? Because i do and it sucks!! =( I usually have a small piece to try and stop the craving but.... i end up eating half the block. So I'm trying to eat fruit or chew gum instead and its sort of working but i still want chocolate for some reason.

What do you guys do when you feel like this? Any help please, would be greatly appreciated! =) xx

ohh and btw I have none in the house so i'd have to go to the shops but the craving is still there and i just want to try to curb/stop it but i dont know how.

Replies

• imstartingwithme
    imstartingwithme Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I get chocolate cravings too, so I'll have a Cadbury's Freddo (which is 95 calories) or a low calorie hot chocolate, even just some peppermint tea helps!
  • browneyedgurl08
    Options
    Freddo's are my weakness. I'm not a fan of peppermint tea but a low calorie hot chocolate might work instead. thank you. =)
    I get chocolate cravings too, so I'll have a Cadbury's Freddo (which is 95 calories) or a low calorie hot chocolate, even just some peppermint tea helps!
  • sthomasx7
    sthomasx7 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I get "eat everything is sight" cravings.
  • calalily77
    calalily77 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I always found at that time I would get cravings for salty things for the first couple days and then for sweets. Im not sure why that was but it was frustrating. I hope you can find something to fit into your diet that will help curb the cravings.
  • browneyedgurl08
    Options
    thanks so do i. bubble gum is getting my chocolate craving to slowly go away but giving me a sore jaw instead. =( cant win.
  • JmeHarris
    JmeHarris Posts: 38
    Options

Me too. There have been days when that eat switch has been turned to high and even when I know I'm not really hungery, I'll NEED to eat something. There are times when I've just eaten, I'm Thanksgiving full, and still something says "FEED ME!"
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    My super high carb/sugar cravings only last about 24 hours and it's usually the day before my period starts... so I go for an extra long run so I can eat 1000 calories in chocolate or something lol... it may not be the best way to go about it, but it works. I also try and drink WAY more water than usual.
  • theladyy
    theladyy Posts: 176
    Options

THIS. I can eat non stop and never be 'full'...
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Often chocolate cravings are a magnesium deficiency. You may try taking a supplement (or extra supplement) just before time your cravings usually start. It works for me.
  • Ange_
    Ange_ Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    i think i once heard something that says that at this time the cravings are probably due to some kind of mineral deficiency for something that is chocolate.
    Can't remember what it was specifically... Don't think it was iron. Maybe magnesium or something?
    Maybe if you took multivitamins you might not get the cravings then?

Either way dark chocolate is very healthy for you and because it is so rich i find it impossible to overeat. So just have a few squares of dark chocolate. In fact every day would be fine too! :)

EDIT: Hahah. Just read the post above. Must have been written while i was writing my post :)
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Hot chocolate is a good way to really streeeeetch your chocolate fix. I also get the Ghiradelli squares, that way it's e sasier to eat a smaller portion since they are individually packaged.
    I will advise, if you are getting a craving for something specific (for me its ice cream), I think it's best to work it into your calories and have what you want, because then you will be satisfied.
    Magnum minis icecream bars are great. Real, decadent icecream and Belgian chocolate, 160 cals.
  • jessie1480
    jessie1480 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hot Coco!!!!!!!!!!!! Made with milk. That way I feel that I am getting my protein!
  • browneyedgurl08
    Options
    thanks guys for the help. i have a cadbury caramel drinking chocolate which is low in cals which i have sometimes and i might try dark chocolate, then i wont eat so much! cause when i have milk chocolate (freddo's mainly) i eat a lot. lol
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options

Ha! me too! When I start reverting to my old ways I know my Woman's Time is near. My best method is to "avoid eye contact," if you can't see it, you can prevent yourself from eating it. Theoretically anyway lol
  • NickiChase
    NickiChase Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    http://www.pbs.org/food/fresh-tastes/microwave-chocolate-cake/

I make them using almond milk instead of cream and just spray my silicone baking cups with Pam, so they work out to about 100 calories each. Shhh...sometime I eat them BOTH!!! The chocolate taste is sooooo rich and it STOPS the CRAVINGS. I'd rather save 200 calories for the end-of-the-day decadent treat than suffer the crankies...or worse, eat my way through everything else and still be miserable. Just my $0.02.
  • pclarinetto
    pclarinetto Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i run. keeps my mind off of it and if i'm too weak to resist, well, i burned those calories off. ^_^
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    uh I'm pretty sure that applies to every female in the world lol.

Invest in some good dark chocolate. It's way better for you than any other kind and is better at getting those cravings because it's a more *pure* version of chocolate.
  • erogers85
    erogers85 Posts: 32
    Options

ahh me too! having them right now! I cannot stop eating- even healthy stuff...just no moderation!
  • browneyedgurl08
    Options
    that looks so good! thank you! =)
    http://www.pbs.org/food/fresh-tastes/microwave-chocolate-cake/

I make them using almond milk instead of cream and just spray my silicone baking cups with Pam, so they work out to about 100 calories each. Shhh...sometime I eat them BOTH!!! The chocolate taste is sooooo rich and it STOPS the CRAVINGS. I'd rather save 200 calories for the end-of-the-day decadent treat than suffer the crankies...or worse, eat my way through everything else and still be miserable. Just my $0.02.
  • FloraSin
    FloraSin Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I actually find that it's easier if I just save a couple calories for the end of the day, I spend them on some yummy chocolate treat (peanut butter cups are my kryptonite) and that usually kills it. Or I tell myself it's okay to be over a little today if I promise that I'll make up for it the next - which I always do. I actually find short runs ease my cramps and free up calories and therefore I can submit to the cravings more easily.

It's worth it. lol