Phentermine !!

Options
Hi fellow life changers !! Ok I need your opinions on this.. I am a 39 year old male, started MFP last Wednesday at 450, was not suppose to get on scale until next Wednesday, but while my wife was in the shower, I cheated on jumped on... WOW 439, just since Wednesday.. Ok my Doctor wants me to take Phentermine. I tried it, it works, but what do you think? I am staying within my calorie guidelines and have exercised everyday !! Tell me what you think..

Thanks,
Chris

Replies

• lvcdmk
    lvcdmk Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi fellow life changers !! Ok I need your opinions on this.. I am a 39 year old male, started MFP last Wednesday at 450, was not suppose to get on scale until next Wednesday, but while my wife was in the shower, I cheated on jumped on... WOW 439, just since Wednesday.. Ok my Doctor wants me to take Phentermine. I tried it, it works, but what do you think? I am staying within my calorie guidelines and have exercised everyday !! Tell me what you think..

Thanks,
    Chris
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Is that a weight-loss drug? I would hold off and see how well you can do on your own. Give yourself 6 months to see what you can do before deciding!!!

Of course, I don't want to go against Dr.'s orders if he has a very serious reason. Let us know how you are doing! I love this site, and hope it helps you a lot.
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Tell your MD about the progress you have made, and about how you are eating/exercising. In all likelyhood he will support your efforts and save the meds for if you need then (if it gets difficuky to loose...you plateau...your health requires rapid weightloss, etc).

Be proud of yourself! You are doing a GREAT job! Good luck!
  • leblancb
    leblancb Posts: 47
    Options
    I think you should stick with the calorie wise plan, I think weight loss drugs are hard on your body in the long run.
  • hollybee
    hollybee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started on it a little over a month ago. I like it because it suppresses my appetite but doesn't make me feel weird like over the counter weight loss pills that I have tried have. I'm working out and watching what I'm eating but I struggle with portion control. I still want to make that big plate of food like I use to make. The thing is I can't eat it when I make it. The pill helps and I have soooooo many co-workers that are going to the same weight loss Dr. that I'm going to. One man I work with lost over 100 lbs he is in his late 30's another lady I work with has lost 60 lbs she is in her mid 50's but they have been on it for over a year. I think some people think that if you take it you can pig out and eat whatever you want but you still need to excessive and watch what your putting in your mouth. I like I have said started 1 month ago and I lost 10 lbs which they said it not typical but I have been working verrrry hard to lose that much. My mom in her mid 50's started the same time I did and lost 6.5 lbs her first month which is great. I would recommend it if your able to take it but you still have to change your mind sets and lifestyle.
  • lvcdmk
    lvcdmk Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks for all your comments. I am going to see how it goes. I like hollybee struggle with portion control, and this week I have found myself getting full faster. I will keep you all posted.. Thanks.. i joined the 4th of July challenge.. you should all join too...

blessings... :smile: