HELP! Females only please!! =)

Options

Replies

• browneyedgurl08
    Options
    Just want to say a BIG thank you to all you lovely ladies for helping me today! I ended up eating chocolate but really really slowly to saver them lol. =) and @Tanyaka thats a really good idea im going to start writing them down in a calendar so i can organise what to do and be prepared. Hope you all have a great day! xx
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest those fudgesicles, too!

But really, depending on your body, a day or two of indulging probably won't derail you too much.
  • the_great_unknown
    the_great_unknown Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hot chocolate is a good way to really streeeeetch your chocolate fix. I also get the Ghiradelli squares, that way it's e sasier to eat a smaller portion since they are individually packaged.
    I will advise, if you are getting a craving for something specific (for me its ice cream), I think it's best to work it into your calories and have what you want, because then you will be satisfied.
    Magnum minis icecream bars are great. Real, decadent icecream and Belgian chocolate, 160 cals.

I agree with everything you said!
  • Demmuscles
    Demmuscles Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    When it comes to chocolate, I am weak! I eat it every day. BUT now I only 30 grams a day (2 small bars at night with my 2 cups of tea) all day I eat well cos I know I get to have my treat later. I buy mini bars to stop me eating a block. I allow myself this daily treat so that I don't crave a massive binge. Infact I haven't cut myself off entirely from any food, but make wiser choices and eat smaller portions. Have the chocolate, just not ALL the choc in the shop lol
  • HappyHealthyDoll
    Options
    I want to eat everything, sometimes I have total binge days where I eat everything in sight, my boyfriend wonders where I put it all lol......clearly it goes to my *kitten* :-/ I just try too keep the foods I "crave" out of my house and hide my money so I don't drive to Macca's lol
  • Charger440
    Charger440 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    That's the only time my wife eats chocolate. You put "Women only" you had to know we would look but at least I am answering your question based on what I know ;)
  • snewsome7
    snewsome7 Posts: 189
    Options
    Mine is usually so bad that I actually don't have an appetite. I literally feel sick. Sometimes I will crave chocolate a few days before. But I don't have a big sweet tooth so I never have it in the house. :-/ Sorry I can't help answer your question.
  • mission_possible
    Options
    Women generally (*generally* as in not all the time, not every woman, just most :P ) crave chocolate because they are magnesium deficient during TOM. Try taking some supplements and the cravings should settle down.
  • Mawra
    Mawra Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I get "eat everything is sight" cravings.

THIS. I can eat non stop and never be 'full'...
    I second this. I really need food rehab during my time of the month. It's like I can eat a horse (a sugar-coated one preferably) and still WANT to eat more.
  • cmm7303
    cmm7303 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Yes! I've found that eating something like Trader Joe'e Fiberfull peanut butter and chocolate bars will help, if I space two of them (130 each) through the day.

What's funny is that I've had a partial hysterectomy, and so don't have the most obvious sign of Aunt Flo's bloating, except for weight gain and cravings.
  • hypersensitiveb
    hypersensitiveb Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    When I go through my chocolate cravings I throw a bag of small chocolates (dark if possible) into the freezer and toss one in my mouth and slowly let it melt. Kisses and Hershey's miniatures work great. As a side not I used this when I quit smoking too.
  • herownkindofwonderfull
    herownkindofwonderfull Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Skinny Mocha from Starbucks. A Grande is only 100 calories and only like 7g of sugar. :)

Also - DARK CHOCOLATE. :) or chocolate protein shakes!!! :) yum!
  • ccbing
    ccbing Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I eat a half of Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Bar...half=90 calories :) Save the other half for tomorrow
  • debzeeU2
    debzeeU2 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I don't have cravings. I just want to eat everything in sight. I like Jello Temptations mousse- it's only 60 calories for each cup, very low fat and low carb. I have started eating these for my dessert when I am wanting chocolate.
    Everytime you are starting to crave, go for a run, pick up some weights, etc. I used to never workout during my monthly visit but I have found that the workouts really help the visit and what I choose to eat at that time. :)
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I swear by hauling my bum to the gym when the period cravings hit. Last thing I want to do (first: sofa, Snuggie, my bodyweight in Mars bars), but it works. Then an Options mint madness when I get home - and a lot of teeth-gritting once the gym-endorphins wear off!
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
  • rdy2lose
    rdy2lose Posts: 106
    Options
    try dark chocoate that is 72% or more cocoa. dark chocolate doesn't leave the sweet after taste that makes you crave more.

Good luck!
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I get "eat everything is sight" cravings.

ditto.
  • missy787
    missy787 Posts: 35
    Options
    I dealt with this last week.... I went to the store. Picked up a king size pack of m&m's. I ate 5, and gave the rest away. Fortunately I haven't craved any since. :)
  • silkandsugar
    silkandsugar Posts: 125
    Options
    Go for the 70% or darker! That stuff has health benefits but only just a tiny bit a day is good. Practice self control. We all go through it!