What's your real motivation?

Options
Honestly for me it's for a woman to desire me just by looking at me. For years I've relied on charm and personality, and at least once I want to be the target of lust.

Replies

• ifyouknew
    ifyouknew Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    That's a good one. Mine is, I want to get better (or at least not worse) as I get older. I know there are some things that get worse with age no matter what you do, so I have to get better in other ways to balance it out. Otherwise it's all downhill, and that's just depressing.
  • manda1002
    manda1002 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I want to finally feel comfortable being naked around my husband and have sex with the lights on.......
  • mrsnathanandrew
    mrsnathanandrew Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    To not need lingerie on my wedding night to feel sexy.
  • Julielynn83
    Julielynn83 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    My daughter... I want to also feel like I did when I was at my goal weight! I loved to go dancing and shopping and I don't do that anymore cause I feel gross. I can't wait to go out dancing again when I meet my goal weight!:happy:
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I love beauty. And I am not my idea of beautiful. It makes me sad to look at myself and to, like, live IN myself. I can't do much to change my face or my skin but I can change my body so I do. I grow my hair very long, have beautiful tattoos, and try to alter the shape of my body to fit my own personal ideal of beauty.
  • ckes84
    ckes84 Posts: 52
    Options
    My motivation is my brother. Today would be the 15th Anniversary of his liver transplant, but he passed away in November of last year. My brother's courage and strength is what has made me change my life. He fought so hard to stay with us and because of him I realized I do not have a right to take my body/health for granted. Thanks for giving me another reason to honor him!
  • fatcatjack
    fatcatjack Posts: 29
    Options
    My kids. I don't want them to have to go through what I went through as a child - absolute terror and torture. I want them to be healthy, happy, active and fit and not obsess about food/restriction/dieting.
  • Punktorian
    Punktorian Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I started here to just lose weight and look better quite awhile ago, went alright but I was not really committed to it for very long. As a competitive person, i'm absolutely sick of getting competition only in gaming. So now my goal is to be as strong as possible at around 231 pounds to compete in strongman and maybe some power lifting on the side. Losing weight is still part of it but it is secondary now.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    To be creeped on by some sexy MFP ladies.
  • Mawra
    Mawra Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    To turn heads
  • Mawra
    Mawra Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I love beauty. And I am not my idea of beautiful. It makes me sad to look at myself and to, like, live IN myself. I can't do much to change my face or my skin but I can change my body so I do. I grow my hair very long, have beautiful tattoos, and try to alter the shape of my body to fit my own personal ideal of beauty.
    I'm not really going to give you the crap that accept yourself and all. I know EXACTLY what you are saying, I am not my idea of beauty myself and although, yes I am not aiming to be like some airbrushed celebritiy out of Vogue, I just want to be the person I feel I am in my head.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I want to be strong, fast, and feel like a machine. I get glimpses of that when I run. I know that getting rid of the extra fat will just make all that amazingly more real.

Hey @ BestAttempt... give it time... there will be plenty of women who will lust after you. If you love her right, she'll continue to lust after you long after the initial infatuation has worn off. Besides... tall and beefy is hot. Then I might be biased since my husband is 6'2" and 275 lol.
  • HappyHealthyDoll
    Options
    I want to fit back into my size 6 jeans (Australian) and reach my 50-52kg goal. I have a lovely supportive boyfriend who loves my body the way it is at 56kg but he also understands that this is important to me :-)
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    To be strong and fast and able to hike all day with a heavy pack, preferably up mountains where all the interesting animals live (in aus, at least).

Lights on is a big bonus.
  • skinnyminnay
    Options
    I honestly just want to feel good about the way I look, I wanna love myself. I want to be able to to be excited when I go out to a party with my friends instead of worrying about how to hide my body in ugly clothes. I want to be having fun when I'm shopping with my girls for dresses and I don't have to choose the biggest size. I want to be able to just not worry all the time about looking fat!
  • tethomas73
    tethomas73 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    To look in the mirror and see the person that I know I'm meant to be!! Make my outside match my inside.. :smile:
  • Blade_Runner
    Options
    I have been eatting 2000 to 5000 calories in an hour, and purging only 1/10 of my calories so I can honestly say my motivation is to not gain weight, which would inevitably happen if I continue down this path.
  • Lennox497
    Lennox497 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    To challenge myself and my genetics. To see what full effort and dedication can earn me. I have never been comfortable to hang out with my shirt off. I figured since I just turned 30, why not make this my decade to conquer and reclaim who I want to be.
  • anamikaraks
    anamikaraks Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have to weigh less than 175 to be considered for a schooling opportunity that I want.
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    iHEARTcardiacnurses Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I want to finally go to a bar with friends and be the cute one. :ohwell: A pretty face and wonderful sense of humor won't get you anywhere these days....