Replies

• sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • trinitrate
    trinitrate Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I use body fortress from Walmart @ about $15 a jug its very cost effective. If you blend it and add some ice, almond or coconut milk + PB2 you get an awesome Reeses style shake thats around 250 calories for 19 carbs / 35 protein.
  • MamaWannaRun
    MamaWannaRun Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    EAS Myoplex Original is 42gms of Protein. I Love the chocolate fudge!
  • deannarey13
    deannarey13 Posts: 452
    Options
    You get what you pay for in the way of quality. Others will likely argue that point, but it's true.
  • deannarey13
    deannarey13 Posts: 452
    Options
    Body fortress sounds pretty good!
    I definately want to go with "whey protein"

Has anyone tried shakeology from beachbody? Think it might be more of a meal replacement though, not sure?

That is a meal replacement. Tasty, yes. It also doesn't really have the high protein content you are looking for.

I use Herbalife Rebuild Strength. I just found out that I gained 7 pounds of muscle since my last body scan.
  • fightingautism
    Options
    I like the Vanilla Muscle Milk powder. I've tried the premixed chocolate, bananas & cream, & strawberries & cream & don't care for them that much. I was gonna add a banana & some stevia-sweetened strawberries to it today but was too busy (at work)
  • msman2012
    msman2012 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I get my protein shake powder from GNC--it's whey based, and comes in a variety of flavours--from chocolate to banana...
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Looking for better ideas too.
  • browny054
    browny054 Posts: 3
    Options
    Protein isn't sex specific. Get a whey protein that you like the taste of...

Mix it with whatever you like, almond milk, milk, peanut butter, yogurt, fruit, spinach, whatever floats your boat.

Optimum Nutrition has flavors I really enjoy. Some of the cheaper brands you can pick up at Walmart and such definitely taste awful.
  • browny054
    browny054 Posts: 3
    Options
    ^^^ I agree! I use pro complete 40 chocolate cake flavor 1 scoop is 102 calories, low carbs, sugars and high in protein I add it to unsweetened vanilla almond milk! so good
  • jottati3274
    jottati3274 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I like the protein shakes by Nectar. They come in different flavors. My favorites are the Iced Tea and Cappuccino. When I use the Iced Tea I mix a thing of Crystal Light with it to give it more of an Iced Tea flavor. They come in a 2 lbs jar and have 23 grams of protein in 1 scoop. You can go to Bariatric Advantage website to order. Hope this helps.
  • jottati3274
    jottati3274 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That's fine that you use that protein shake, but it's not a pure whey protein unless the first ingredient is whey protein. If it's not or it says its a concentrate is not a pure protein shake.
  • stephslosinglbs
    stephslosinglbs Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I actually haven't tried this whey protein yet, I just ordered it. It's from StrongerFasterHealthier.com, my local CrossFit recommends it. http://www.strongerfasterhealthier.com/products/whey_protein/pure_whey
  • Tlove1111
    Tlove1111 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I actually haven't tried this whey protein yet, I just ordered it. It's from StrongerFasterHealthier.com, my local CrossFit recommends it. http://www.strongerfasterhealthier.com/products/whey_protein/pure_whey

Ooohh...that one looks good too! Did you get the pure whey?
  • stephslosinglbs
    stephslosinglbs Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Yes, the Pure Whey in Choc and Vanilla!
  • onewithwings
    Options
    I use Advocare meal replacement shakes and nutritional products. I don't want commercial over the counter stuff with fillers in my body. I work very hard for what I have and don't want to ruin all my hard work. I'm particular that way.
  • dolldreams
    dolldreams Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I really like Super Advanced Body Fortress- vanilla, choc, straw, or choc-peanut, a huge tub is $15 at walmart. I usually mix it with unsweetened almond milk, flax and ice for a low carb shake. But, it's also very good with skim milk and fruit. It's the best tasting one I've tried. Low fat, low carb and high protein.

That's what I like too. I use the chocolate with almond milk and it tastes just like a regular shake to me.
  • Julielynn83
    Julielynn83 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I take juice plus shakes! I love them!
  • kgorski81
    kgorski81 Posts: 1
    Options
    Check out Isagenics. Their shakes have 23 grams of protein and you can add frozen fruit or peanut butter, bananas, as well as ovaltine for flavor. My husband tried their 30 day program and lost over 30lbs. I drink the shakes as a meal replacement. They are tasty!
  • acarmickle1
    acarmickle1 Posts: 24
    Options
    What are they called?