Fishing In IL

Options
For those that know me and those people who dont....I love to fish I think it is the most relaxing thing to do and a great time to think...

Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers. –Herbert Hoover

I know or at least hope...there are people on here that have gone fishing sometime in their life...Tell me about your experiences and if you live with in 25 miles of Downers Grove, IL.....Drop me a line...

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Love that quote! And LOVE fishing!
  • BaldyLover
    BaldyLover Posts: 26
    Options
    I used to love fishing but I haven't really done it since I was a kid. Kept trying to get me then fiancé to go and do it together but he was always too busy doing overtime with work.

My brother has part ownership of a lease at a lake not far from where I live so when he's there I go and see him - sadly he only seems to catch anything when I'm not there.

I remember pops taking us to Hardwick Hall when we were little, and I just loved sitting on the pier, hooking maggots and sitting there waiting for a bite. When I was a bit older I used to trout fish with him in the boat, and no matter how cold it got, I could sit there for hours watching him tying the fly on and casting out.

I might take it up again once I get settled. Thanks for reminding me of such happy memories :o)
  • KitTheRoadie
    KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I love fishing! :happy: That quote sums it up perfectly!

I fished from a very young age until I was in my twenties. I still have my kit upstairs in the attic, when I see the guys n gals sat along the river, I really miss it. I had some great times with a friend I had at the time. We used to go weekend night fishing on lakes around where we live, fishing for Carp. If I remember correctly, my biggest was about fifteen and a half pounds, which I was very impressed with!

I don't get any time these days, I took my nephew a couple of years ago because I bought him a beginners kit and he caught a Perch, which he was mightly impressed with!

Now I have my own son, I really hope to take him when he is a bit older, in fact there is no question that one day in a few years we will be sat by the river having a father/son moment... And you know what?! I absolutely cannot wait! :bigsmile:
  • Nekhet
    Nekhet Posts: 380
    Options
    Just came back from fishing trip up to Northern Wisconsin and it was a blast!! I am a HUGE fisherman and love to be outdoors...it was so relaxing and so beautiful up there and the best part is we had the lake(s) to ourselves and no one was around...LOVE that.

We cooked fish but also had burgers and hotdogs and of course some good drinks too...was a great time. I will be doing that a lot this year and every year...