Caffeine or no caffeine?

Options

Replies

• shinybonnie
    Options
    To me, coffee is an appetite suppresent.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    I gave up caffeine in January and haven't missed it. I feel better, sleep better, and have lost weight so i guess it's working for me. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • tabstattooed
    Options
    I am a cafeine junkie.....I take Vivarin with coffee....

if you weight train caffeine is good to consume because your muscles do not tire as quickly. So I would guess some caffeine before the work out is ok.

it effects people differently.

I have horrible headaches if I do not have some.....having just given up my life long addiction to Cokes almost 3 weeks ago I am having headaches and drink coffee or tea now, I only started drinking coffee in 2007, I was coming to from plastic surgery and smelled it....now an avid coffee hater is addicted to it, before surgery the smell made me sick....now I drink 1 small pot a day....

anyhow, like I said it is good for weight training.......
  • feedme
    Options
    Does anyone know if stevia spikes your insulin like splenda?
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    Caffeine is a no no because it causes dehydration! must add 2 waters for every caffiene drink to balance out the caffeine dehydration.

Stevia, does not spike Insulin. it is not a sugar! It does not affect blood glucose levels.
  • benw
    benw Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have stopped drinking Caffeine. It messes with digestion and materialism.
  • benw
    benw Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    stupid spellcheck on my computer.... I meant metabolism:laugh:
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: and coffee is expensive too!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

OMG Thank you sooooooooooo much for the morning belly laugh

(off the log the LOL calories!!)
  • tabstattooed
    Options
    check out this link

http://www.pamtremble.blogspot.com/

she has info on caffeine and the what it can and or cant do .
  • ninasg7777
    Options
    WHEN I HAVE MY CAFFEINE A DO NOT GET HUNGRY TILL 2PM .SO THIS IS MY REPLY YES IT WORK.HAVE LUNCH AT2:PM LITE DINNER IF I GET HUNGRY IWILL HAVE AN APPLE....GOOD LUCK. SG.
  • Demetria
    Options
    Demetria - I'm not big on the flavoring of green teas (always has a grassy taste to me). But have you tried the red teas (rooibos)? Naturally decaf and has some very healthy benefits. I'm lucky to know a great little tea shop that has some awesome blends. But one side effect I'm finding is that I have vivid dreams if I drink it in the evening -

I have not heard of red teas (rooibos), so it is from another plant?

Demetria
  • klybarger
    Options
    Demetria - yes it is a different plant. Here's the information on it:

"Rooibos, or red tea, comes from a small bush native to South Africa. Recent studies show rooibos has anti-tumor and anti-aging properties. Naturally caffeine and oxalate free and is even suitable for young children. It contains oligosaccharides, which are simple sugars, that have anti viral properties and also give the brew a naturally sweet taste. Rooibos has been shown to help relieve allergies, nervous tension and stomach cramps. It promotes healthy skin, teeth and bones. Naturally sweet, it makes wonderful hot or iced tea."

I have a tea shop a couple of towns ( www.teaandchi.com )away that I get mine from - really good.
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options

I love spell checker errors, and that was one of the more funny ones. :) Hee hee.
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Demetria - yes it is a different plant. Here's the information on it:

"Rooibos, or red tea, comes from a small bush native to South Africa. Recent studies show rooibos has anti-tumor and anti-aging properties. Naturally caffeine and oxalate free and is even suitable for young children. It contains oligosaccharides, which are simple sugars, that have anti viral properties and also give the brew a naturally sweet taste. Rooibos has been shown to help relieve allergies, nervous tension and stomach cramps. It promotes healthy skin, teeth and bones. Naturally sweet, it makes wonderful hot or iced tea."

I have a tea shop a couple of towns ( www.teaandchi.com )away that I get mine from - really good.

Bush tea! Twinings also has it in the super market!!! They call it African Rooibos Red Tea. It's my favorite.
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    I have also read that caffiene raises insulin levels. Dr. Agatson recommends not having more than 2 cups per day. And it does dehydrate you. For every 1 cup of a caffienated beverave you need 3 cups to relpace what is lost. Here is a cool article I just found about caffiene:

http://health.howstuffworks.com/caffeine3.htm
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    OMG don't take away my caffeine!!!

I quit drinking 6 years ago.
    I quit smoking 4 months ago.
    I quit eating unhealthy junk food 3 months ago.

All I have left is my coffee.....:cry:
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I've never noticed increased hunger, but I'm not all that sensitive to caffeine any way, I could chug a large dunkins turbo (added shot of esspresso) and go to bed 10 minutes later no problem. Weird, is there such a thing as caffeine immunity?

I've wondered this too. I have to drink several cups in the morning for it to help me...literally almost a whole pot. But I can have coffee before bed and still sleep. I can have my diet soda. Even my diet Mt. Dew which I do have once in awhile - nadda. I think it's actually just in my head that coffee helps at all. But come to think of it, today, I had 2 travel mugs full (about 4 cups), and I'm feeling more tired than I did when I first got up (which happens w/ or w/o coffee)
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    The benefits of tea and even small amounts of coffee outweigh the possible side effects. Yes, caffeinated beverages can dehydrate you, coffee in particular is a natural laxative but usually doesn't cause problems for people unless they are consuming too much.

teavana.com is the website to a tea company and you can scroll through the different types of tea and find out how each type can benefit you. There are plenty of teas that are great for your metabolism and naturally supressing appetite.

The only possible problem with consuming tea all day is if you are adding sweetners of any type, too much sugar isn't good and too much artificial sweetner has it's own list of problems.

Drink on :drinker:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    OH, and there have been plenty of studies that show drinking a 12oz cup of coffee about an hour before your workout will actually increase your workout level and coffee drank within 20 minutes of brewing has heart healthy oils.