Starting today !!!

Options
hello everyone, i woke up the morning and decided i am going to be at my goal weight of 160 by August 8th ...my 46th birthday ....i weighted in the morning at 176...and i am 5'7. That would be basically 1 pound a week. I have been going to the gym 5 days a week doing cardio ..i am now going to add strength training 3 days a week ...i have struggled with my weight all my life up and down ....i am very confident that i will reach my goal this time ...all the best to everyone trying to do the same thing. emily:happy: :happy: :happy:

Replies

• BaldyLover
    BaldyLover Posts: 26
    Options
    Good luck hun x
  • leetime4me
    leetime4me Posts: 20
    Options
    I'm going to be 46 this year too:) I'm 5'4 and would LOVE to be 160 by my Oct 12 birthday! (24 pounds) I'm new here:)
  • steelerchic87
    Options
    Good Luck!!!
  • catbarber
    catbarber Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good Luck and Welcome!!
  • New_Keeley
    New_Keeley Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Welcome! That's a great target and more than achievable!

Good luck!!
  • uk_angeldust
    uk_angeldust Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP site. Good luck and welcome to the community! Add me if you like :)
  • spg2012
    spg2012 Posts: 4
    Options
    welcome and good luck!!! all the best. I am fairly new top this site as well and have found that it is really helpful to be accountable to others and gain support for the days when you are not so confident in your ability to carry through. My wife does a lot of cardio and I mostly strength both are great for toning but we have found that nutrition is where it's really at... although we are doing somewhat opposite routines we are experiencing similar results due to similar diet (40%carb,30%protein,30%good fats and low sugar) The sugar thing was something that is fairly new to us and was recommended by the owner of the gym I belong to (he is a competitive bodybuilder) I've only been at the very low sugar thing for a few days and man I really wish I knew about this a lot sooner... It's like I have discovered a fat burning torch!!! I feel like climbing a mountain and screaming this to the world!!! I've been struggling with fat all my life and can't believe how easy it is to lose fat if you just eat right and exercise... best of luck, stay strong and determined!!! :smile:
  • MrsT3
    MrsT3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good luck! xx
  • sarahcuddle
    sarahcuddle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    The sugar thing was something that is fairly new to us and was recommended by the owner of the gym I belong to (he is a competitive bodybuilder) I've only been at the very low sugar thing for a few days and man I really wish I knew about this a lot sooner... It's like I have discovered a fat burning torch!!! I feel like climbing a mountain and screaming this to the world!!! I've been struggling with fat all my life and can't believe how easy it is to lose fat if you just eat right and exercise... best of luck, stay strong and determined!!! :smile:
  • sarahcuddle
    sarahcuddle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew how to get myself off sugar. It would really help i know but I really struggle. How did you manage it?
  • cdgirl
    cdgirl Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am also new today.Just turned 36 last week.I am starting @ 180 pounds and I am 4'11.So I guess you could call me "compact size".I am hoping to lose 70 pounds.I have alot of bad habits to get rid of and a long road ahaead of me.That's why I am here.I believe success will be more attainable with others who I can be accountable to.We're all in this together and I know together we can go far.God Bless all of you in your journeys.
  • vipergts223
    vipergts223 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    If you are hitting the gym that hard, You will have no problem hitting that goal, Good Luck
  • CraftyPayne
    CraftyPayne Posts: 41
    Options
    Good luck to you , you sound positive and determined ... Keep up the good work :O) you have come so far already , well done on your loss !!
  • CraftyPayne
    CraftyPayne Posts: 41
    Options
    Good luck to you , you sound positive and determined ... Keep up the good work :O) you have come so far already , well done on your loss !!

Forgot to add i'm Denise 42 and looking to lose another 14 lbs or so ... lost 16 lbs already . Currently weigh 161 lbs but going down slowly :O)