what is your favourite jillian michaels workout?

Options
i've done 30ds quite a lot (never done the full 30 days but been alternating it with the gym), level 1 killed me when i first started but now i can do levels 1 & 2 together without dying so i've noticed a huge change in my fitness. i have been looking at ripped in 30 & 6 week 6 pack as well so wondered what people's experiences with these were & how they compare to 30ds. are they a lot more aimed at muscle building or are they more of the same? how about other jillian workouts, what would you recommend? thanks to anybody who takes the time to answer :)

Replies

• ellycope
    ellycope Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Ripped in 30 is probably the next step up from 3oDS. 6 Week 6 Pack is very similar in that there's cardio in there to keep the heart rate up but obviously there's a big emphasis on the core. My favourites are the two longer workouts Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones. BFBM is cardio and toning using body weight so no hand weights - it takes about an hour all told and is an amazing all over workout. NMTZ is similar length and it focuses on the toning so using weights on the moves, and as you'd expect from Jillian, you're moving the entire time so you're still burning lots of calories! Enjoy whicheve you go for next as really they're all pretty ace!
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I would recommend No More Trouble Zones and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism.

NMTZ is all strenth work and BFBM is all cardio. I alternate the two. They're both roughly 40 minutes long + warm up and cool down. 7 x 6 minute circuits.

A lot tougher than the 30 day shred, but also more enjoyable.

I'm waiting on 6w6p to arrive now I ordered it the other day and I'll probably alternate the 3 then.
  • Jenjaz1910
    Jenjaz1910 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    i've done 30ds quite a lot (never done the full 30 days but been alternating it with the gym), level 1 killed me when i first started but now i can do levels 1 & 2 together without dying so i've noticed a huge change in my fitness. i have been looking at ripped in 30 & 6 week 6 pack as well so wondered what people's experiences with these were & how they compare to 30ds. are they a lot more aimed at muscle building or are they more of the same? how about other jillian workouts, what would you recommend? thanks to anybody who takes the time to answer :)

I've finished 30DS and am currently doing RI30 (which is a harder version of 30DS and IMHO I prefer it to 30DS), and also do NMTZ & BFBM which are both good. I also have Killer Buns & Thighs which I plan to start doing in June time probably, in time to kick up a gear before I go on holiday in August! I was doing RI30 5/6 days a week but am starting strength training properly so am doing it 2/3 times a week instead.

Jen x
  • veepie
    veepie Posts: 103
    Options
    I have a box set. Have to say I feel more burn with BFBM..however 6W6P...felt the after burn for a fair few days.. I use the highest weights I possibly can when I do these and eat 1500 cals a day net. I also switch between them all 3/4 days a week with some cycling in between. Have had a break for a few days as been in and out of hospital. But I love Jillian Michaels.
  • Miss_Carls
    Options
    Ripped in 30 is probably the next step up from 3oDS. 6 Week 6 Pack is very similar in that there's cardio in there to keep the heart rate up but obviously there's a big emphasis on the core. My favourites are the two longer workouts Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones. BFBM is cardio and toning using body weight so no hand weights - it takes about an hour all told and is an amazing all over workout. NMTZ is similar length and it focuses on the toning so using weights on the moves, and as you'd expect from Jillian, you're moving the entire time so you're still burning lots of calories! Enjoy whicheve you go for next as really they're all pretty ace!

thanks that's really useful. would you say nmtz is better for when you're trying to build muscle rather than lose fat?
  • Miss_Carls
    Options

I've finished 30DS and am currently doing RI30 (which is a harder version of 30DS and IMHO I prefer it to 30DS), and also do NMTZ & BFBM which are both good. I also have Killer Buns & Thighs which I plan to start doing in June time probably, in time to kick up a gear before I go on holiday in August! I was doing RI30 5/6 days a week but am starting strength training properly so am doing it 2/3 times a week instead.

Jen x

yeah this is what i'll probably do, try & get through 30ds & then do ri30 once i've got tougher :)
  • Miss_Carls
    Options
    I would recommend No More Trouble Zones and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism.

NMTZ is all strenth work and BFBM is all cardio. I alternate the two. They're both roughly 40 minutes long + warm up and cool down. 7 x 6 minute circuits.

A lot tougher than the 30 day shred, but also more enjoyable.

I'm waiting on 6w6p to arrive now I ordered it the other day and I'll probably alternate the 3 then.

i like the idea of alternating one that focuses on strength & one that focuses on cardio as that's what i'm trying to do at the moment by alternating 30ds with running & cycling at the gym. also a 40 minute workout would be a nice alternative to doing 2 levels of 30ds at once :)
  • deebutts
    deebutts Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I think my favorite is the yoga for fat burning. workout and agility. thats what i need.:smile:
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I got 6w6p today (finally arrived!) and it's a little bit too fast paced. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

But NMTZ is still my favourite :heart:
  • amberlee08
    amberlee08 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I bought the Body Revolution DVDs. I LOVE them so far.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Completed 30DS now on wk 3 of Ripped in 30. Have liked all of them.
  • gumigal82
    gumigal82 Posts: 350
    Options
    30 Day Shred, Killer Buns and Thighs...but I love them all:)
    Just started Ripped
  • ChristinaWgettingfit
    Options
    My absolute favorite is No More Trouble Zones
  • sweetendeavor
    sweetendeavor Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I love 30 Day Shred for the convenience. I'm a busy grad student so a workout under 30 minutes works great for me. I think the best overall workout is No More Trouble Zones. I feel amazing after that workout though it's a little longer.
  • sandysheets
    Options
    ripped in 30 is amazing!
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Favorite fun workout is her kickboxing video. Favorite workout, though, is NMTZ.