How long...?

Options
Stephie_J
Stephie_J Posts: 260 Member
I did 2 rounds of the 30 Day Shred and then I went on holiday for 9 days and it feels like all my hard work has been undone, I wasn't overly bad on food but I didn't exercise except a few walks. I am not normally a fan of exercise but I managed to stick to the 30 Day Shred twice.

Results here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/StephRP80/view/30ds-round-2-up-to-day-24-of-level-3-245819

My question is: is it likely to take me another 30 days to get back to how toned I was or will it not take as long as the muscles are probably more formed than they were on Day 1 of Level 1 2 months ago. I'm very new to all this exercise malarky! I started back on Day 1 of Level 1 last night.

Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• Stephie_J
    Options
    Anyone?? :(
  • SteveTries
    SteveTries Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I'd estimate from my own experience it'll take you about 2 workouts.

9 days away isn't much at all. You won't have undone all of the good in that time. In fact I've often seen myself boost in performance when taking a week off.
  • Stephie_J
    Options
    I'd estimate from my own experience it'll take you about 2 workouts.

9 days away isn't much at all. You won't have undone all of the good in that time. In fact I've often seen myself boost in performance when taking a week off.

Ahhh thank you!!! I was worried my beer belly would be back for a while!! I haven't taken any measurements or weighed yet but plan to on Friday and fingers crossed the damage isn't too bad!
  • SteveTries
    SteveTries Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    No way. You may just be retaining a little more water than you were before you went away - this will be true if you were calorie restricted prior to your holiday, especially so if your carb intake wasn't high.

Maybe if you ate like a demon every day of your holiday and consumed 1000Cals more than maintenance - which seems very unlikely - then you'll have gained 1 kilogram. If that's the case (highly unlikely) you'll probably lose it in a week.

FYI I was on holiday for 3 weeks in April, I lost all self control and did eat and drink like a demon - I did do 6 5km runs though and was amazed to get home and gained nothing. I think all the exercise prior to going really boosted my metabolism and the bit of exercise whilst I was away helped to keep it humming. I'm sure you'll see the same.
  • Stephie_J
    Options
    Oh, maybe thats it then? - Water retention! Weigh day is always Friday so hopefully the water will be gone by then! I was sticking to mostly under 50g carbs a day and pretty good with calories too! (even when I had beer!)

Finger crossed my metabolism has been on my side too then! Thanks for the info :)