30 day shred ?

Options
I'm hearing a lot of positive results with this DVD . I wanted to make sure that I can get an all over toned body , not just specific areas . I am pear shaped figure 5'7 weigh 162lbs . My thighs , butt , stomach , and arms are all a big problem for me . So if it helps all of these than I will def. get it ! (:

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I did it for 23 days, starting it back up for the full 30 all over again today! :smile:
    The results I got in those 23 days were great! My waist got smaller, and my arms got toned.

I believe that it's all over body results, not just a specific area. Make sure to take measurements before so you can compare them to after the 30 days.
  • BlackDhalia403
    Options
    I'm def. getting this it's cheap and apparently everyone is seeing results . SO what not ? :D
  • fruitsalad15
    fruitsalad15 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 13 and I have lost some inches off my tummy and my arms no longer have so much 'wing' underneath! I haevn't lost any real 'weight but it seems to be toning me very well!

good luck - I love doing it - even though it is a kind of torture!! :-)
  • TaraAshley84
    Options
    Im starting this today as well!!!! Everyone that I have seen loves it...haven't really heard anything negative about it! Happy shredding :)
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I liked it (it was pretty easy and predictable, and having three levels is nice) but I didn't lose while doing it, then I got bored and stopped. I think Jackie Warner's Workout One on One is a good alternative..
  • amymke
    amymke Posts: 4
    Options
    It's actually a really good total body workout, easy to do at home, and challenging. Different levels for when you master one. Get it!
  • DawnCravesHim
    DawnCravesHim Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    If you want to try it out before you buy it, you can find the full level 1 workout on youtube. The DVD isn't expensive, but who wants to spend money on another DVD that is going to collect dust?
  • goodfido
    goodfido Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I just started level 2 yesterday. I love it and can tell I'm getting stronger. Just DON'T GIVE UP. It's hard but like she says in the video if you want to work out for only 20 minutes and see results you have to push yourself.
  • jcfeltes
    jcfeltes Posts: 2
    Options
    It is a great workout! My only advice is to maybe not watch the scale so closely. I did it for a month and dropped 2 pant sizes but because I was toning muscle, the scale didn't go down much. So don't watch the scale, just go by how you feel. :)
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    GET IT. You may not lose weight, but you will get toned. Be prepared to be sore as hell days 2 and 3. And listen to Jillian - when she says move on when you are ready wait til you are ready. I may do the entire 30 days on level 1. Last week these were on sale at target for $9. Good Luck and if you swear at Jillian while you are doing it - all the better!
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I'm hearing a lot of positive results with this DVD . I wanted to make sure that I can get an all over toned body , not just specific areas . I am pear shaped figure 5'7 weigh 162lbs . My thighs , butt , stomach , and arms are all a big problem for me . So if it helps all of these than I will def. get it ! (:

I'm more an apple, I guess, because although I do gain all over, it's mostly in my mid-section. My BFF & I are both doing 30DS. I'm ahead of her by about a level as I just started level 3 & she's about to start level 2. She's a pear and has lost a good bit off her hips/butt/thighs all ready. I posted this last Friday, after I finished level 2:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/577423-30ds-progress-finished-level-2-pics

As of Friday, which was my 19th day of the shred, I had lost 4.9 lbs, and 4.5 inches. The program works. :smile:
  • Peejai
    Peejai Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Weight comes off all over the body . Not just specific areas . There is no way to make it just come off one area . :( I wish
  • Cntrygal81
    Cntrygal81 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You are built just like me. I'm 5' 7", a definite pear shape, (and a 1/2" on a good day) and when I started MFP for the second time, I was 162 lbs. I'm currently at 141.6 :-) I started doing 30DS a couple of months ago and did Levels 1 & 2 for 10 days each, then had to take a month off, and am now almost finished with the full run of the DVD (I'm on day 4 of level 3). My body has changed a lot (combined w/ a 1,200 net calorie diet) and I definitely got the all over toning that you're looking for. My husband can't believe what a change there has been in the shape of my body! I would definitely recommend this workout...

Good luck!
  • katejenkins1
    katejenkins1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 15, level 2. Love it! I've lost 3 pounds with it so far, but more importantly I've also lost several inches.
  • kacbldmm07
    kacbldmm07 Posts: 96
    Options
    Im on day 12, with level one had some issues with my knees. But on level 2 it is a lot better. Level one I ached more legs and tummy, level two I ache in my arms chest and back. So, it really grabs the areas your having issues with. I lost all my extra skin on my tummy area after day 6!
  • FunandFitMom
    FunandFitMom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    No worries....it's an all over tone. Finished the first 30 days, and am going back in. I feel great!
  • moepwr
    moepwr Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I am 14 days in and I have lost 2.5 inches on my waist, 1 inch on my lower, 1 on each thigh and I gained a half inch on my arm. My bye-bye fat is gone. I highly recommend it. I have also lost about five pounds. I take one day off a week and I am training for a 10 mile run also. I do eat a lot since I am breastfeeding. I eat back every cal + 500 more cals. so 1720 cals a day plus what ever exercise I do. I hope this helps.
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I just started this. I did day 2 today! I did three weeks (of Jilian's No More Trouble Zones DVD) and did it 2-3 times per week. I didn't take measurements before I started but I definitely felt it in my abs. Even though the work out was 40 min with warm up/cool down it was more like 50-55 and that was a bit long for my 5 am w/o so I decided to try the 30 day shred and see how that goes. I'm shooting for 5-6 x per week. I'm liking it so far!
  • FR89
    FR89 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm def. getting this it's cheap and apparently everyone is seeing results . SO what not ? :D

thats exactly what i thought... i will be starting my 30day journey tonight!!!! :bigsmile:
  • StephC74
    StephC74 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I was only doing it 3 times a week so it took me more like 10 weeks to get through but combined with watching what I ate I lost 10 lbs, 3 inches off my waist, 3 inches off my hips and 1 1/2 inches off each thigh. It will definitely make you stronger and tone you up.