Help ... Stuck!!

Options
I started on here about a month ago, i was 141 lbs. I got down to 135 within the first couple of weeks, but now been stuck at that for the last two weeks :ohwell:

I have stayed within my calories most days and have been working out four or five times a week .... why won't it shift?? Any tips anyone? I am at serious risk of becoming demotivated if I don't see any results!!

Replies

• Lookgreat
    Options
    I'm waiting to see the responses - I myself am stuck at 144-145 lbs for almost 6 weeks now - moving only a lb up or down - have tried to up my cals , control sugar but nothing seems to be working - anyone help us !
  • 11kimberly11
    11kimberly11 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I was just about to post my own frustration with the scale when I read this post! I had lost 11 lbs in 6 weeks and over Labor Day weekend gained a few - all week I've been so good but the scale is stuck and this morning it went up 1 lb again. :frown: We need some encouragement :sad: :grumble:
  • kaydtc
    Options
    Well, its kinda reassuring to see that its not just me .... expect we will see results if we persevere but I am going on holiday next week and would have liked to have dropped a couple more pounds!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I just went through a month of the scale not moving. This past week it has dropped two pounds. Your body really wants to stay the same and you have to do things to shake it up. Try different exercise routines or change up your calorie amounts,

Good luck
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 17 of no change. Because I hate this, I analyzed my loss patterns.

Turns out there IS no pattern, other than when I drop, I usually drop 2 pounds at a time, then bounce around up and down until the next drop. Some drops happen within days of one another, but some take 2-3 weeks to happen. Ultimately, I discovered that over 10 weeks (I analyzed from when I started on MFP until my last drop), I averaged a 10 pound weight loss....or 1 pound a week...just as I am working towards.

So, it's working...maybe I'll compare my drop dates to my cheat dates next. Could be time to get my feed on!! :wink:
  • 11kimberly11
    11kimberly11 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hey there just wanted to let you no yesterday i was very frustrated the the scale was still stuck. I stepped on it this morning and i seemed to have lost 4 lbs over night. strange!
  • Ten10
    Ten10 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I am so tickled because I lost 5lbs this month :drinker: and gained 5lbs this month :grumble: (maybe it's TOM) I know I need to get with the program atleast I am not the only one that is having a feud with the scale.:huh:
  • Ten10
    Ten10 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hey there just wanted to let you no yesterday i was very frustrated the the scale was still stuck. I stepped on it this morning and i seemed to have lost 4 lbs over night. strange!
    I may have found that weight you lost but I won't keep it for long. :bigsmile:
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Just a note if you're within 5-10 pounds of your goal weight I've heard the loss kind of stops and you really have to do something different to get it going. Like they said above eat more or less or differently, and switch up your work-out routines.
  • FlowerTaming
    FlowerTaming Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I think it's something to do with you losing a lot of weight during the first few weeks, and then your body recognising what you're doing, getting used to it and staying at a stable weight. If you keep persisting with excercise then you should continue to lose. I'd been stuck at 130 for about 2 weeks, only going up, then all of a sudden my weight went down again, I'm hoping i begins to slope downwards anyways.