Going to an MLB game, what should I eat?

Options

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    eat the tickets. digesting them will be a better experience then going to a red sox game.
  • violabeatle
    violabeatle Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    (On a side note... I'll be heading to Fenway/Boston in late July... do you have any hotel/where I should stay suggestions? I've been to Boston/Fenway 10+ times, but I usually stayed with a friend in Somerville... this will be my first hotel stay and am not sure where to stay). THANKS!

If you have a car, I'd recommend staying in Waltham, there are some good, cheaper hotels out that way and it's only about a 20-min drive into te city. If you'd rather not use a car, there are a LOT of hotels in Back Bay right in the main part of the city! Staying in Cambridge might be a little less expensive too, and you can access Boston through the subway
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks EVERYONE for the awesome advice! I will definitely look into seeing what I can pick up on the way (there's a CVS on every corner up here) and if I can bring in my own food :)

One more detail I should add... I had a very bad weekend and put 1.5 lbs back on, so today the calories really will matter!

PS, I'm actually originally from Philly (I'm a student in the Boston area) so for those of you posting as Phillies fans they are my #1! I love Citizens Bank Park and when I was little I got to spend a game behind home plate at the Vet :D

For everyone posting as Phillies fans, YANKEES are #1 *straps on fighting gloves* lol
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Fenway has great food. I'd forget MFP for the day and enjoy.
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    eat the tickets. digesting them will be a better experience then going to a red sox game.

Haters gonna hate.

OP....a Fenway Frank is worth it....enjoy one or two and call it a day. :)
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options

'tis good advice.
  • amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Looking outside, you might not have to worry about what to eat at the park.... but for your sake, I hope it dries out by then!

I love going to see the sox... assuming the weather cooperates, I'd say eat a light lunch and eat what you want at the game!
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    I"d skip food and save calories for beer.
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I would check out the ball park's website. I know for games at Nationals Park in DC, there is a listing of restaurants that have healthy options and they also include places for vegetarian, kosher, etc. I went to a game a few weeks ago and got a hot dog, veggie cup, and Dippin' Dots and didn't break the calorie bank. If you are serious about staying within your calories, then I suggest this. Eating at the ball park is part of the experience. have fun!
  • Gioooo
    Gioooo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    i bring my own food and hide it in my bag ;)

i just get hammered at baseball games for the most part tho save ur cals for brewskiiiiiiiiis
  • alcon79
    alcon79 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Sausage and peppers and onions from The Sausage Guy.
  • Gioooo
    Gioooo Posts: 301 Member
    Options

For everyone posting as Phillies fans, YANKEES are #1 *straps on fighting gloves* lol

YANKEEEEEEEEEEES :D
  • keegannati
    keegannati Posts: 114
    Options
    Couple Fenway franks, couple beers...enjoy yourself!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Beer and hot dog!

Yesterday I went to the game... I ate nothing but veggies all day and kept my calories low so I could indulge the game. You gotta live a little.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    hot dog, boiled peanuts and beer!!!!!!!

If you cant have fun, then what is the point of going?!?!?!
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    hot dog, boiled peanuts and beer!!!!!!!

If you cant have fun, then what is the point of going?!?!?!

^-This. Get the whole experience and screw the calories. You will burn them off walking back and forth to the bathroom after drinking the beers......

Have some Crackerjacks too....
  • xo_morgan
    xo_morgan Posts: 298
    Options
    Pirates :drinker:
    They are all i have until football since my Penguins failed.
    Dont judge me!:blushing:
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    The ONLY time I EVER eat a hot dog is at the ballpark. It's just part of the deal for me. You have a good amount of calories left. just go and enjoy!
  • joanie152
    joanie152 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Life must go on. I went to the Mets game last week and cannot even begin to confess what I ate and drank - I made up for it the next day. Don't sweat it and enjoy the experience !!
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    if you're that worried about it, bring stuff in with you (peanuts, bars, whatever)....most parks don't care if you bring in stuff...and besides, it's not like security is going to pat you down for every little thing....but then again, maybe in boston....LOL \m/