Wine. My love, my kryptonite.

Options

Replies

• JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I made this blog a while back....and Yes, I wrote this :)

"Ode to the Cork that plugs the hole in my heart"
    Wine, How I <3 LOVE <3 Thee, Let me counts the many ways...

You, Pinot Noir, lay in your holder with your friends Merlot and Cabernet. You are bold, but also sweet. The way you stand out from the crowd enchants me.

You relax with me after a long days work. You always show your true colors and love to dance, all along my taste buds. You warm my stomach with every touch, like butterflies, we dance.

After a great nights work out I want nothing but to relax with you. We watch movies, Read books, and chit chat on MFP about our love for eachther, and how we will always be there for eachother.

Sometimes, we have too much fun and next thing you know we are surfing the internet for hotties! OOps, oh Wine, you are so Silly!

On a Friday night when I cant seem to find a friend, you are there. When I need a good cry, we watch the note book and PS I love you and indulge in eachother. I let you in like a waterfall busting through a dam. We are one. Sometimes, I even wake up with your sweet colors stained on my lips.

Oh Wine, I love you.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    It's my spinach.... one of the reasons I'm using this site is because I want to be able to have the foods I enjoy. and that means wine, beer, and mmmm Scotch, and yeah I drink it in excess more often than I should. some nights it's half my calorie intake for the day. I plan for it, if I know I'm going to want to drink more I workout harder. truth be told, some nights when I've gone over I just get up and take a long walk so I can shoot some more.

it's about finding balance whatever that means for you. best of luck :drinker:
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Go with a white wine, pinot grisio or reisling. It's a little less than 100 calories in a full 6oz glass and low in carbs and almost no sugar. It's probably the most effective lowest calorie approach. I drink a good deal of wine myself and not drinking is honestly not much of an option for a young man in a college town so I think I can relate.

Red wine has significantly more antioxidants, and white wine often has more calories than red, but calorie-wise there is a very negligible difference between the two. I'm not sure what info you have that would favor white wine but by the fact that you call it "pinot grisio or something" I'm guessing you're not a wine expert
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    LOVE my wine...unfortunately, I can't seem to control myself and one glass turns into three far too often. And at this point I'm not exercising enough yet to have that many extra calories. So for now I keep it out of the house during the week. :( When Friday rolls around, I buy a bottle (or two) at lunchtime to have for the weekend. :)
  • AudBallsMom
    Options
    mmmmmm, I love wine. I just save my calories for the wine. I dont suggest it..but it hasnt killed me yet. :)
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    its always been my problem too. And really if you are in that place where you can't go a day without it you are actually developing an addiction so apart from stopping you from losing weight, its really not good.
    I changed to buying those little baby bottles, one glass jobs, just one or two as I found if I opened a big bottle I always drank 2/3 of it. and I kind of gave wine up altogether, if I do want a drink I frequently have a vodka soda instead which is much less calories. Now I can't believe all the sugar I used to drink in wine.
    You need to sort it. Its not healthy to not be able to get through a night without drinking.
  • jules1202
    jules1202 Posts: 65
    Options
    Is this thread making anyone else fancy popping a cork tonight?

Me!!!

I have all these lovely bottles of wine and I can't drink them because of dieting and not wanting some to go to waste. When I do drink wine I usually make it a spritzer. :)

But yes, I second the idea that if you know you want a glass at dinner go ahead and budget for it in the morning so its built in.
  • heidihurl
    heidihurl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I AGREE BEST POST!!!!!!
    lyong on my sofa conquerd by half bottle of wine...
    no comments

Winning post
  • heidihurl
    heidihurl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Wine HAS to be gone Sun-Thursday..... that's all there is to it.

Love the ideas about posting the glass early in the day... Gives me something to look forward to. Feels funny posting at breakfast.

I do know, that way back when I lost big poundage I cut wine out... sad to admit.

"Sigh"
  • Karalopolous
    Karalopolous Posts: 574
    Options
    All I can say is YUM! I love wine, we're like besties :drinker:
  • bexblonde
    bexblonde Posts: 80
    Options
    I made this blog a while back....and Yes, I wrote this :)

"Ode to the Cork that plugs the hole in my heart"
    Wine, How I <3 LOVE <3 Thee, Let me counts the many ways...

You, Pinot Noir, lay in your holder with your friends Merlot and Cabernet. You are bold, but also sweet. The way you stand out from the crowd enchants me.

You relax with me after a long days work. You always show your true colors and love to dance, all along my taste buds. You warm my stomach with every touch, like butterflies, we dance.

After a great nights work out I want nothing but to relax with you. We watch movies, Read books, and chit chat on MFP about our love for eachther, and how we will always be there for eachother.

Sometimes, we have too much fun and next thing you know we are surfing the internet for hotties! OOps, oh Wine, you are so Silly!

On a Friday night when I cant seem to find a friend, you are there. When I need a good cry, we watch the note book and PS I love you and indulge in eachother. I let you in like a waterfall busting through a dam. We are one. Sometimes, I even wake up with your sweet colors stained on my lips.

Oh Wine, I love you.
    :heart: this!

I haven't even attempted to give up wine. All my previous 'diet' attempts failed, and this is a total lifestyle change so for me the wine is staying. I do drink it less often now though, and now I've started running I don't like to drink the night before a run as I feel really dehydrated. So I probably drink 1-2 nights a week, but I will easily finish a bottle...

I compensate by exercise or eating slightly less so I can drink more wine. So far it seems to be working ok!
  • bombedpop
    bombedpop Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Check out my diary - I have a separate booze section for just such accountability! I couldn't get by without the odd glass of red, so sometimes I'll log the three glasses I plan to have at dinner at breakfast time, so I don't go over with the rest of my intake, or exercise just that bit more :smile:

Same here - just build it in to your diary and you will be fine. I was embarrassed that I had an "alcohol" category and I pre-log in my drinks daily. Clearly I'm not alone - join us!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee WINE! It is my downfall! That is why I have to abstain from drinking it. I got on the scale this morning and gained 2 more lbs. So i have to stop it altogether.
  • pinn44
    pinn44 Posts: 68
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. A bottle of Chardoney wins ALL the time. I just keeping plugging it into my diary no matter how it looks and keep trying to do better. Right now I've managed to keep the wine drinking to weekends only. It's hard and I do slip up from time to time but it's better than before. We are all a work in progress and I wouldn' t be too hard on yourself. Eventually you will get tired of working out in order to drink, which is really what it is, and do better. What's funny is that none of my MFP friends have called me on it yet. Actually they just support which is cool since I see it everytime it happens.
  • pixelish
    pixelish Posts: 54
    Options
    An 8 oz glass of red wine (a REALLY good pour, too!) is 168 calories. That's plenty to get me through an evening and easy enough to build into my even limited calorie allowance. If nothing else, I know that walking the dog for 40 minutes can earn me one, even if I hadn't saved the calories. :)
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Check out my diary - I have a separate booze section for just such accountability! I couldn't get by without the odd glass of red, so sometimes I'll log the three glasses I plan to have at dinner at breakfast time, so I don't go over with the rest of my intake, or exercise just that bit more :smile:

Adding what you would like to have early is a great idea. I have done the future adding for excersising, but not for food.

Thank you for adding this. I think I will use it.
  • alisonwww
    alisonwww Posts: 104
    Options
    Me too! Most all of the friends I have on here are non-drinkers and highly successful in their weightloss. Although, there are also some non-drinkers who can't lose either. So glad I'm not alone. I've gotten down to having wine maybe once every two weeks. I'm still not losing as I'd like. slow & steady sucks.
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    I have wine/whine or vino/vent night with the hubby ONCE a week. We sit down with a bottle and a cheese plate to chat about our week after the kid goes to bed. I plan it in my calories for the day. Helps keep me sane and on track.
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    You are speaking my languae...wine & cold beer ~ yummo!! I can never have just one...:drinker:
  • blv0267
    blv0267 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I love my white wine...but it was a killer for adding empty calories. So I switched to white wine spritzers....pour out 6 oz wine into measuring cup and split that into 2 or 3 drinks over the evening. Bingo...calorie control and still get my wine!

^^This....but I'll give myself 10oz of wine (sometimes more).