Breakfast ideas?!

Options
Does anyone have any suggestions for a quick - healthy - breakfast that will keep you full longer?? Although I think knowing that I am watching calories and what I eat makes me hungrier and not necessarily what I eat :)

Thanks!

Replies

• amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    My breakfasts usually are:

Oatmeal with a piece of fruit
    Thomas Double Fiber English Muffins with a tbsp of peanut butter (or nutella to curb those chocolate cravings!) and a banana
    Scrambled eggs with spinach and reduced fat cheese with a piece of fruit
    Two hard boiled eggs, plain yogurt and toast

I tend to eat fiber and protein in the morning to keep me full until my morning snack or lunch time
  • NWatkins13
    NWatkins13 Posts: 4
    Options
    Great! Thanks for the ideas!
  • TracyGA
    TracyGA Posts: 13
    Options
    Just last night I tried a new recipe that I am now in love with! It is the sweet potato oatmeal breakfast casserole from the Oh She Glows blog. I am not vegan, but this happens to be a vegan recipe. It is absolutely delicious, sweet, satisfying and very filling. I had it for dinner last night and then again for breakfast this morning. This morning when I reheated it in the microwave I added a little more of the soy milk to moisten it and a little more maple syrup to the bowl before microwaving for one minute.

The casserole makes 4 servings, so if you make it when you have time you can have breakfast in one minute for 4 mornings!

Here is the recipe...

http://ohsheglows.com/recipage/?recipe_id=6002072

Note that I couldn't find chia seeds in my grocery store, nor did I have a clue what they were. I texted a vegan friend and she suggested that I buy ground flax seeds instead, so that is what I did.
  • theshow4jsu
    theshow4jsu Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I usually make my version of an egg mcmuffin. Which is:

Thomas light double fiber english muffin
    One egg and 3 tablespoons liquid egg whites
    One slice of 2% cheese and
    Three slices of canadian bacon.
    Keeps me full almost all morning long.
  • RandomMiranda
    RandomMiranda Posts: 298
    Options
    This is my current favorite. I wake up excited to eat it after my workout.
    Overnight oats: 1/2 cup dry oats, 1/2 cup greek yogurt (I like vanilla), 1tbs peanut butter. I mix it all together and put it in the fridge overnight. Quick and delicious in the morning, very filling, protein and whole grains and some good fats. It's also good with pumpkin instead of peanut butter.
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I don't know how many calories you have for breakfast, but I usually have between 500 to 600 for breakfast.

Lately I have been having Turkey Sausage, Turkey Rashers, 3 eggs (scrambled or in an Omelette), Sugar and Salt Reduced Baked Beans.

I have the occasional Ready Break with Cinnamon and Sweetener then a piece of fruit afterwards. Usually Pineapple or a handful of red seedless grapes.

Today, I decided to make myself a little breakfast like burrito. Well I mean burrito's... Two small Corn Tortilla's, 2 eggs scrambled, 4 turkey rashers with about 20g of grated mature cheddar. Melted the cheese on my tortilla and it was really nice.
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    saw a recipe on here a while back that is quick and easy and filling. I have tried it and it is pretty good. My kids like it to.

1/4 cup oatmeal (or use a packet of flavored instant oatmeal if not using any fruit)
    1/4 cup blueberries or any other fruit you want
    1 egg
    and if you want it sweeter use 1 packet of sweetener

*stir all ingredients together in a coffee cup/mug
    microwave for about 50 seconds and you have a fluffy oatmeal like muffin you can eat with a spoon that has your morning carb/protein combo
  • pixelish
    pixelish Posts: 54
    Options
    This morning I had a poached egg (dusted with salt, pepper, and fresh dill) on a slice of whole wheat toast and a banana, plus coffee. Doesn't take long to make and kept me happy until lunch.
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I don't know how many calories you have for breakfast, but I usually have between 500 to 600 for breakfast.

Lately I have been having Turkey Sausage, Turkey Rashers, 3 eggs (scrambled or in an Omelette), Sugar and Salt Reduced Baked Beans.

I have the occasional Ready Break with Cinnamon and Sweetener then a piece of fruit afterwards. Usually Pineapple or a handful of red seedless grapes.

Today, I decided to make myself a little breakfast like burrito. Well I mean burrito's... Two small Corn Tortilla's, 2 eggs scrambled, 4 turkey rashers with about 20g of grated mature cheddar. Melted the cheese on my tortilla and it was really nice.

what are rashers? never heard that word used before?
  • ItsDiana
    ItsDiana Posts: 60
    Options
    I usually keep it to muesli with yoghurt or milk, or knackebrod with peanutbutter or cheese :)
  • hula808
    hula808 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Mmmm. today I had french toast.

1pc ancient grains bread - 120 cal
    1 egg - 70 cal
    sprinkle of cinnamon into the egg - 2 cal
    100% pure maple syrup - 100 cal
    coffe with mil and sugar - 32 cal
    2 glasses of H20

=324 cal