Yummy low cal dip (I think?)

Options
sassycass
sassycass Posts: 18 Member
edited November 2023 in Food and Nutrition
So last night I made this dip using Fat Free Cottage Cheese and HVR dry mix. I think? this is low cal, but I thought I'd check with you all first.

The cottage cheese is 80 calories, 0 fat, 3 carbs, 14 g protein for a 1/2 cup serving. (I mixed the entire container, though) I used a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch dry mix and the cottage cheese. Put it in the food processor and blended until it "looks" like dip consistency. My kid & I love this dip with celery and my littlest one makes cucumber sandwiches with it.

I tossed the package without looking at the calories and can't find it online...do any of you know the calories for a dry packet of seasoning.

Replies

• sassycass
    Options
    So last night I made this dip using Fat Free Cottage Cheese and HVR dry mix. I think? this is low cal, but I thought I'd check with you all first.

The cottage cheese is 80 calories, 0 fat, 3 carbs, 14 g protein for a 1/2 cup serving. (I mixed the entire container, though) I used a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch dry mix and the cottage cheese. Put it in the food processor and blended until it "looks" like dip consistency. My kid & I love this dip with celery and my littlest one makes cucumber sandwiches with it.

I tossed the package without looking at the calories and can't find it online...do any of you know the calories for a dry packet of seasoning.
  • sassycass
    Options
    Sorry, I think I should have posted this in recipes. I'm not sure how to delete my post?
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    You can't delete it yourself but I'm sure Mike can so no worries =)

I did find something but not sure if it's the correct one but here it is Ms. Sassy =)

Hidden Valley®
    Original Ranch Dip
    dry mix (without sour cream)
    Nutrition Facts

serving size 2 tbs
    calories: 5
    total fat 0
    saturated fat 0
    trans fat 0
    poly fat 0
    mono fat 0
    cholesterol 0
    sodium 210
    carbs 1
    sugars 0
    protein 0
  • sassycass
    Options
    Thanks skinnerme!

It is low cal, then, huh? The texture is different, but myself (and my girls) got used to it pretty quickly. Alot less cals than regular dip/or using sour cream.
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Very low in calories so munch on!! =)
  • thenewrach
    Options
    How much cottage cheese did you use? I need to try that
This discussion has been closed.