What foods do you eat to lose weight?

Options
I have been on a plateau for the last nearly month. I have been trying, but I haven't been losing any weight.
So, I would like to know what you are all eating that is good, and low in calories and maybe high in protein. And it can't be bad to go over your protein limit, right?
Stephen

Replies

• britcurl
    britcurl Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Well, the calories arent to low, but i love some peanut butter and apple slices. I have it almost every day. It does keep me full though :)
  • mwestmount
    mwestmount Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Stephen, you should check out the Special K line of products..............They have some really good tasting low cal. snack foods.
    If you have a sweet tooth the Fruit Crisp bars are really good, but if you are more of a salty snack guy, they also have these cracker chips that I swear taste like real potato chips.

As for protien, I have recently switched from regular low fat yogurts to the greek low fat yogurts.........they are much higher in protein.
    They are thicker and more satisfying.

:bigsmile:
  • 70davis
    70davis Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    def go over your set protein goal....It's low....Aim for 1g/1lb LBM. Chicken breast, shrimp, fish, cottage cheese, greek yogurt.....
  • 2012x
    2012x Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    special k was in top highest products with processed sugars.

i get graze boxes all healthy stuff :)
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    nothing
  • kerrydykas
    kerrydykas Posts: 11
    Options
    i am all about trail mix right now! the only thing that sucks is you only get a handful or two as a serving, but it does tide me over for 2 hours once it settles.
  • Mercenary1914
    Options
    nothing

Seriously..it's good when you put something on it and make a sandwhich out of it....I even have bowls of this stuff
  • AmandaDeShawn
    AmandaDeShawn Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Well, the calories arent to low, but i love some peanut butter and apple slices. I have it almost every day. It does keep me full though :)

So do I, it is very filling
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    def go over your set protein goal....It's low....Aim for 1g/1lb LBM. Chicken breast, shrimp, fish, cottage cheese, greek yogurt.....

This!

I also find that potatoes, zucchini, and onions are like my weight loss wonder foods xD
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Laughing cow light
    Dried Venison
    Apples
    Bananas
    Steel cut oats
    Salmon
    Fresh salad mix
    Diet 7-up
  • emilyhawarah
    Options
    When I find myself plateauing, I try to add lots of food with high water content (watermelon, lettuce, etc). They keep me full and also usually have a lot of fiber. All of that seems to get me past the rough patches.
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I eat the edible kind:happy:
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    peanut butter and popcorn (not together) is filling to me.
  • Mercenary1914
    Options
    I eat
    Spinach
    Chicken
    Lean Turkey
    Black Beans
    Salmon
    Peanut Butter "Natural"
    Cottage Cheese
    Greek Yogurt
    Lot's of Water
    Almonds
    Raw Oats
    Green TEA!!!!
  • LaurnWhit
    LaurnWhit Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    My macros are 40/30/30 and I have found success eating 30% fat...I eat mono fat on every meal to keep me full...olive oil, nuts, seeds, olives, cheese, etc. I make it a priority to add fat to every meal.
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Pickled okra and pickled asparagus. Filling and low cal. I think something about the vinegar helps with weight loss too. May be a wives tale though. Anywho....I try to add some to my meals when I don't have a lot of calories left come dinner time or when I eat a salad.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    i eat foods that total less calories than i expend in a day to lose weight
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I have been on a plateau for the last nearly month. I have been trying, but I haven't been losing any weight.
    So, I would like to know what you are all eating that is good, and low in calories and maybe high in protein. And it can't be bad to go over your protein limit, right?
    Stephen

It can be bad to go over your protein limit for some people. If you have diabetes or another metabolic disorder, for example. Excess protein can strain your kidneys which may already be affected by these and other medical conditions. If you have any medical disease or disorder you should definitely check with your doctor.

Some low calorie high protein sources are fish, lean meats, or eggs
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Heres what I eat:

Spinach and spring mix
    strawberries
    plums
    bananas
    string cheese
    celery or apples with peanut butter
    eggs
    sweet potatoes
    baked potatoes
    brown rice
    chicken
    fish
    turkey
    chicken
    all kinds of veggies
    pure protein bars

the more protein the better for me!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!