Steampunk ahoy! (worth a try!lol!)

Options

Replies

• IamL
    IamL Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I've heard about it for a while now, but I recently had a friend actually explain it to me because I didn't completely know what it was. I think it's really cool, and I really like the style. :D I think it would be awesome to dress like that.

If you'd like to add me, feel free. :) I don't know much about Steampunk, but I would be interested in learning more!
  • asmithTXfit
    asmithTXfit Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I am into Steampunk, cosplay, Ren faires ... just a love of costuming. I am currently working on my steampunk and hope to have it ready (and me closer to being ready) for a con at the end of May.
  • leopard_barbie
    leopard_barbie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    My sister is really into steampunk stuff & has made me some gorgeous jewellrey:)
  • SFbarmaid
    SFbarmaid Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm really into steampunk but at just under three hundred pounds the cloths I can find cost way too much. It's one of the reasons I'm looking to loose weight that and while I can sew, sewing a size 16 or 18 is a lot easier than a 24. looking for support from people that understand things like that so add me if you want :)

Check out Damseldress.com. They sell corsets and other costumey stuff and the prices are VERY reasonable. you can choose your own fabric AND they make items for the full figured!
    Also try hips and curves.com
  • VirtuallyAmy
    VirtuallyAmy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I love steam punk too! I do not get to dabble in it much (love Girl Genius) but I do have goggles! If I could get away with wearing a corset (and goggles of course) I would be a happy camper. Oh! A new goal!
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    love love love any and all things Victorian, Edwardian, and neo-Victorian.
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, the corsets and boots. <dreamy sigh> High school *cough* 20-something years ago *cough* I was wearing knee high boots, long skirts and pulling up the sides so the petty coat would show. We didn't have a name for it then. And corsets were harder to find. Fredrick’s of Hollywood was your best bet. Now... Etsy... LOVE!!!
  • JKat_miaow
    JKat_miaow Posts: 1
    Options
    My partner and I actually organise a steampunk festival where i live, 3 days of madness! great fun though (though scary waiting for tickets to sell!)

Where is the festival held? Would definitely be interested in coming along if I can!
  • jamlastsforages
    Options
    I have a thing for steampunk fashion and I love Abney Park! Do those count? :}
  • SnakeDarling
    SnakeDarling Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Really adore steampunk! Been saving up for conventions and costumes!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Steampunk is so awesome! I have a few jewelry pieces but don't get totally dressed up in it. At the San Francisco flea market on treasure island there's some amazing steampunk stuff.
  • InstantSunshine
    InstantSunshine Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Clicking on this thread brought up a corset advert! And they were all leather kind of cowboy girl corsets. I do wish Google would stop spying on me.
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Clicking on this thread brought up a corset advert! And they were all leather kind of cowboy girl corsets. I do wish Google would stop spying on me.

It's so stinkin' creepy. LensCrafters won't leave me alone. ;)
  • Serenstar75
    Serenstar75 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm not into it due to monetary reasons, but I loooove it. It's gorgeous and so interesting. I've always wanted to learn a lot more about it. Corsets....happy sigh.
  • MIchelleH2027
    MIchelleH2027 Posts: 1,239 Member
    Options
    I actually seen it in a show I was watching and googled it! Love it and actually ordered some books to read that are steampunk themed. Add me if you so wish.
  • SFbarmaid
    Options
    Steampunk is so awesome! I have a few jewelry pieces but don't get totally dressed up in it. At the San Francisco flea market on treasure island there's some amazing steampunk stuff.

The Treasure Island Flea??
    Im trying to go this month.. heading to Alameda Sunday to look for stuff for the Mr. for the Clockwork Alchemy convention in a few weeks :)
  • jella74
    jella74 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I love Steampunk! I've always loved the Victorian era clothes and accessories. I'm reading The Boneshaker by Cherie Priest so far so good! :)

We went to Vampire's Ball in New Orleans and this past year the theme was STEAMPUNK!!! What an awesome sight Bourbon St was afterwards!
  • lizbuzz
    lizbuzz Posts: 6
    Options
    Check out Damseldress.com. They sell corsets and other costumey stuff and the prices are VERY reasonable. you can choose your own fabric AND they make items for the full figured!
    Also try hips and curves.com

Thanks for that tip. That makes me totally excited!

I love steampunk, and want to be able to afford some good gear. Need to get better at sewing too. :)
  • healthygrrl1
    healthygrrl1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I LOOOVE Steampunk! I was introduced to it last year. I would love to have the confidence to wear a corset! *sigh* Someday :smile:
  • SFbarmaid
    Options
    I LOOOVE Steampunk! I was introduced to it last year. I would love to have the confidence to wear a corset! *sigh* Someday :smile:

Everyone looks great in a corset! just do it!