What's your healthy comfort food?!

VballLeash
VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
You know sometimes you just need something to calm the nerves, I've been having a tuff last couple of weeks and exercise always helps me but sometimes I need something sweet, I like frozen yogurt but tell me what's your comfort food? :happy:

~Leash :heart:

Replies

• 94% fat free popcorn... LOVE IT...
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    I love multigrain chips and guacamole. :love:
  • Oatmeal, I love it! I have a small bowl at anytime of the day.
  • VballLeash
    OO those are both good ones, I forgot about multigrain chips, they are so good!
  • mrd232
    mrd232 Posts: 331
    Take a baking chocolate bar, break it into a few small pieces, put it in a double boiler with some milk, stevia, vanilla, and a pinch of cinnamon...stir it gently, melt the chocolate and blend it into a smooth, delicious cocoa.

Amazing stuff...making it right now.
  • ditto the oatmeal, for something sweet I love hot soymilk.
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    baked potato with cottage cheese on top

for sweets, i just go ahead and have the real thing. :o)
  • skinny cow truffle ice cream bar. mmmm only a 100 calories and yummy for low cal sweet treat. i know i can stop with just one. :laugh:
  • SDawgW
    SDawgW Posts: 160 Member
    Fat-free, sugar-free Jello chocolate pudding. YUM YUM!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Take a baking chocolate bar, break it into a few small pieces, put it in a double boiler with some milk, stevia, vanilla, and a pinch of cinnamon...stir it gently, melt the chocolate and blend it into a smooth, delicious cocoa.

Amazing stuff...making it right now.

That is my favorite hot cocoa!!! I use dark chocolate, cocoa powder, stevia, pinch of salt & cinnamon, and add the milk slowly to a mug (makes sort of a paste, then add more milk to fill mug). Stir and microwave until hot but not boiling. Yum!!!

And oatmeal is one of my comfort foods too! Or a bowl of healthy chili.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Swiss Miss diet hot chocolate- only 25 calories if you make it with water, and it's surprisingly very creamy and chocolatey! :wink:
  • VballLeash
    ditto the oatmeal, for something sweet I love hot soymilk.

Whenever I try to warm soy milk it gets gross and curdly... did I just warm it too long?

~Leash :heart:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    My comfort food is something that needs to stop being my comfort food- Big Turk bars. I'm going to replace it with lettuce. :tongue:
  • Meatless spaghetti, I get cravings for spaghetti every once in awhile so I'll make a pretty big batch, and put it in ziploc containers and freeze it, I can eat it whenever I have a pasta craving. I usually put frozen broccoli in with it too (I cook it a little first). I love spaghetti, it has to be my fave food and one cup of noodles with 1/2 cup sauce and broccoli is around 300 calories, can't beat that!
  • Meatless spaghetti, I get cravings for spaghetti every once in awhile so I'll make a pretty big batch, and put it in ziploc containers and freeze it, I can eat it whenever I have a pasta craving. I usually put frozen broccoli in with it too (I cook it a little first). I love spaghetti, it has to be my fave food and one cup of noodles with 1/2 cup sauce and broccoli is around 300 calories, can't beat that!

Yum, I would have to say I am a big pasta fan too. But for me being spring time in Australia its getting warmer. Natural low fat yoghurt, some sliced strawberries and 2 tbspoons of low fat museli. Yum Yum!!!
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Swiss Miss diet hot chocolate- only 25 calories if you make it with water, and it's surprisingly very creamy and chocolatey! :wink:

This is my new favorite! I drink it at work in the morning to warm up.
  • rachi20024
    rachi20024 Posts: 229 Member
    thick creamy (Fage) yogurt... and prunes they are so sweet it takes away my cravings.
  • Curtism1234
    Curtism1234 Posts: 73 Member
    Whiskey :sick:
  • jumpthemoon
    jumpthemoon Posts: 152 Member
    A handful of goldfish crackers (parmesean or cheddar) yum! When I'm really bad though I love a few Oreos and ice cold milk! :devil:
  • Chocolate Shakeology. I am a huge chocolate fiend I LOVE really good chocolate. Luckily chocolate shakeology is probably the most nutritious food I put into my body so my new comfort food is a god send.
This discussion has been closed.