Pick 1 food that is the MOST filling

Options
2»

Replies

• incircles_lp2
    incircles_lp2 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    2 eggs with a little cheese on top! Yum!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I can't sadly pick 1 food. When we were kids we used to fill up on mangos, like that was our entire lunch AND dinner AND we would make mango milk shakes during the day. But now I can fill up on coffee apparently...
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    chia seeds - Least that's what I heard on Dr. Oz.

Oh, we're going by Dr. Oz....ok. I change my answer to Raspberry Keytones.

I saw that he mentioned Bread dipped in olive oil before your meal. Mmm filling :p

In mid-east thats a very popular snack. Olive oil with some cumin seeds in it with some good bread. Very filling too

Really? I do that a lot xD Bagette + olive oil is delicious. Though I can't say its filling xD I could rack up some calories with some good olive oil :D
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Barley. Mix in some black beans & salsa.
  • taunto
    Options
    Really? I do that a lot xD Bagette + olive oil is delicious. Though I can't say its filling xD I could rack up some calories with some good olive oil :D

Not sure, the way we used to eat it is that you literally just touch the olive oil with the bread and not "dip" it. You're just giving it a bit of flavor. Have some tea with it at the shop while talking to friends, shoot some pool (yes, we have tea shops with billiard tables in it :) it was a very filling feeling and good time
    Options

Not sure, the way we used to eat it is that you literally just touch the olive oil with the bread and not "dip" it. You're just giving it a bit of flavor. Have some tea with it at the shop while talking to friends, shoot some pool (yes, we have tea shops with billiard tables in it :) it was a very filling feeling and good time

Oh our family pretty much soaks it in olive oil and garlic xD Mmmmm :D
    usually with our holiday appetizers along with olives, peppadews, Italian meats and cheeses though :D
  • taunto
    Options

usually with our holiday appetizers along with olives, peppadews, Italian meats and cheeses though :D

Yeah you guys eat the Italian style of eating bread + oil. What most folks IN US do not understand is that those skinny Italians, they donot eat more than 3 or 4 bites out of this and they donot do this every week, its a very rare thing for Italians to eat like that. Although right now that sounds very good :)
    Options

Yeah you guys eat the Italian style of eating bread + oil. What most folks IN US do not understand is that those skinny Italians, they donot eat more than 3 or 4 bites out of this and they donot do this every week, its a very rare thing for Italians to eat like that. Although right now that sounds very good :)

My family and my boyfriend's are both Italian actually :] Which is why we only have that stuff around the holidays :D
    I miss italian cooking! Incredibly filling for sure ^-^ but I was also pudgy for a reason :D lol
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    2 whole wheat toast with 1 tbsp each toast and chopped banana on top very filing for mes it's like a peanut butter banana toast it's sooo yummy 2! !!
  • tamraj
    tamraj Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Are we talking filling initially or filling for a long time? Cucumber and hummus are pretty filling and low calorie- you can eat a huge sliced cucumber for 34 calories- add 2 or 3 tablespoons hummus for 50- 75 calories and that will do for a while (lots of water).
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    What is the control? Are we talking the same amount (volume) of food, the same calorie count or something else? For example, I find both sweet potatoes and hummus very filling. If I ate as much hummus as sweet potato I'd be much fuller from the hummus, but the calorie count would be crazy high.

By volume, I'd proabably go with a sweet potato.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    OATMEAL! (the natural stuff with fresh ground flax mixed in, chia seeds, half a banana, almond milk, and a dallop of natural peanut butter) If I eat this at 9:00am, I'm not hungry until 1:00pm
  • IndyInk
    IndyInk Posts: 212
    Options
    I'm jealous of anyone who fills up on oatmeal. It tastes like lumpy, hot water to me, and I'm far hungrier when I finish eating it than I was when I started.

I think the most filling food is popcorn, though I've sadly had to give up the stuff with the nuclear-orange cheese powder on it.
  • taunto
    Options
    I'm jealous of anyone who fills up on oatmeal. It tastes like lumpy, hot water to me, and I'm far hungrier when I finish eating it than I was when I started.

I think the most filling food is popcorn, though I've sadly had to give up the stuff with the nuclear-orange cheese powder on it.

Try mixing honey and some fruits into it. Tastes very good actually
  • laurabini
    laurabini Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Pizza, pasta, sandwiches, oatmeal, smoothies
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Pizza, pasta, sandwiches, oatmeal, smoothies

Mmm pizza! I eat sandwiches every day for lunch or dinner. Egg or chicken salad for a good balance of carbs and protein so I good to go for the rest of the night.