Silly question - re. starbucks cappucinos

Options
Hi all,

So i just wondered if the nutritional value for a skinny cappunico increases if you ask for a "wet" cappucino?

I love them but hate when they are half full of foam. i cant find any values on here for a wet only a dry one.

Thanks!

Replies

• sunshinekind919
    sunshinekind919 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I would assume yes. I'm not a nutritionist, but I did work in a cafe and wet cappuccino takes almost twice the milk as a regular, though I guess that depends on how wet you like it. Still, if it's skim milk it shouldn't be too bad.

If you want to figure out how close it would be, take the ounces of the drink, subtract 1.5 oz for each shot of espresso, and then divide that by 2. That should be roughly how many ounces of milk was used. Then you can enter the milk and espresso separately. Or you could always ask them how many ounces they used since most places require measuring the milk before you steam it anyway.
  • EmilyDuby
    EmilyDuby Posts: 67
    Options
    I think it would go up but if you're using skim like the above poster said, then it wouldn't go up too much, the amount of calories in skim milk is not too bad at all.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I am a cappuccino lover and let me tell you, Starbucks gets the espresso to milk ratio all wrong! They have a "secret" size called a "short." It is smaller than their small (aka tall) and has the correct espresso to milk ratio. The next size up, the tall, has the same amount of espresso but more milk. The short size isn't on their menu but you can order it at any Starbucks and it is on their website menu. I used to buy an extra shot of espresso for the tall to make it taste like a real cappuccino. Now I save the $0.70 or whatever it is for the extra shot, plus a short is cheaper than a tall.
  • foxfireash
    foxfireash Posts: 24
    Options
    Yes, there is a short size, but I worked at Starbucks for 6 years and let me tell you-- the ratios are the same as in the tall.

If you want to be completely honest with the nutrition/calories, ask for a LATTE with EXTRA FOAM instead of a wet cappuccino. Or, if you like how the wet cappuccino is made, count the cals in a tall latte for your daily log.

It's all about how you prefer it. a proper latte with extra foam has 3/4 milk and 1/4 foam on top. that means that if you had a tall extra foam latte (12 ounces), the milk would be 8 ounces (because the espresso takes up 1 oz of liquid.) That is equivalent to... one cup of skim milk, 90 cals!!!!