Greek Yogurt question?

Options

Replies

• bjfrezell
    bjfrezell Posts: 241
    Options
    I love both Chobani and Fage. Both of them are great to mix fresh fruit or honey in.
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    I've tried several brands and just can't make myself like the stuff. I've tried flavored and unflavored. Yuck. Hope you find one that works for you!
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Fage is by far the best. It has more protein than any other kind my grocery store sells. I will recommend it over and over again! :smile:
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I tried some for the first time, I got Liberte at Costco, with fruit and it was really good.
  • truelypinkthing
    truelypinkthing Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Plain Totall fat free Greek yoghurt, with a big squeeze of sweet freedom natural agave on top of oats, raspberries and blueberries with skimmed milk, the perfect breakfast.
  • crissyrox
    crissyrox Posts: 94
    Options
    I LOVE Fage! 0%, have one almost every morning. I usually get the kinds with fruit though and mix them together.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I do 2% Fage..cause its really hard to find full fat Fage. I put stevia drops and whatever berries I have on hand..
  • sixxbaby
    sixxbaby Posts: 543
    Options
    Zoi is good
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Fage 0% Plain and I add granola and almonds or 365 fruit spread and berries to it. The individual servings of Fage come w/ a fruit spread of its own. I also like Chobani.
  • katemme
    katemme Posts: 191
    Options
    chobani vanilla blows. it tastes too much like vanilla extract to me. oikos vanilla is much better, and lower calories as well. i like to add about 1/4 C of quick oats and usually some fresh strawberries in it. it comes in around 150-200 cal depending on how much i make.
  • tamspat
    tamspat Posts: 23
    Options
    bump
    I've been wanting to try Greek yogurt and heard a lot about it - including to a regular yogurt fan saying it was gross!! so good to know some brands to try
  • mellabyte
    mellabyte Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Fage (0% for me) all the way! Chobani is my second favorite though. My favorite combination is usually with fresh fruit (lately blueberries, but soon strawberries since they're in season), a touch of maple; honey; or agave syrup, and a tiny bit of crumbled biscotti for crunch. (I've even tried it with a dash of vanilla coffee flavoring syrup once because I was out of other choices and it wasn't bad.)

(I also like to sub it for sour cream or mayo depending on recipe or what I'm making.)
  • katemme
    katemme Posts: 191
    Options
    bump
    I've been wanting to try Greek yogurt and heard a lot about it - including to a regular yogurt fan saying it was gross!! so good to know some brands to try

it is great! its thicker than regular yougurt, i think thats a plus though. i prefer dannon's oikos, its the lowest calorie and the vanilla is perfect. it tastes more plain though, not a strong vanilla extract flavor to it. i use it in some recipes as well.
  • tamraj
    tamraj Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You can always try making it yourself. It is easier than you think, you know exactly what is in it, and you can control how tart it is by how long you incubate it. I make yogurt out of lactose free milk and it is not at all bitter/tart like many plain yogurts are. I don't care for it plain myself, but love draining it to make it super thick and add raw honey and vanilla stevia- so good. I also sometimes make it with a couple of TBLof brown sugar per half gallon- it gives it such a delicious flavor.
  • EmilyDuby
    EmilyDuby Posts: 67
    Options
    I like mine plain and I get either Price Chopper brand or Oikos Dannon. I didn't like Chiobani, it was too creamy in my opinion, not thick enough.
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I like most of them but just had a vanilla Nostimo and it was yucky. I like mine with the fruit. :)
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    I prefer Chobani.
  • littlemermaid1048
    Options
    I love Chobani....
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Liberte Vanilla 0%
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Fage is the BEST brand. You can add vanilla extract to it to make it flavored.