question for the heavy lifters

Options
2»

Replies

• HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    ^ I don't ever think I've looked at a weight and thought I hate it, or I can't do it either. I know when there's a chance I won't make it, but I try not to think of that right before the lift, or I won't get it!

Most of the time its: *hands in position* "I can do this. I can do this. I cant do this".. I think to myself how many reps I want to do.

With deadlifts it's the same but with "chest out, butt back" I have to really concentrate on form with that exercise because it's so easy for me to mess it up.
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    It starts off with music. Typically something along the lines of Slipknot for compound lifts. Then:

Bench - "Hands in proper position, back arched, feet planted, try not to drop this weight on your face..."
    Shoulder press - "Hands in proper position, back tight, feet planted, try not to drop this weight on your head..."
    Squats - "Feet hip width apart and firmly planted, bar in the right spot on the back, hands in the right spot on the bar, *kitten* to the f*cking ground, ignore the crunching in your knee..."
    Deadlifts - "Chest out, butt back. Don't arch your back you tard!"
  • Ninikins2
    Ninikins2 Posts: 73
    Options
    1. Am i setting up correctly? I better be setting up correctly
    2. I.AM.GOING.TO.LIFT.THIS.****ING.WEIGHT
    Me too! I'm so worried my form is ****. I try and look in mirrors/video and it seems fine. I just second guess myself too much...
  • spazofthedead
    spazofthedead Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Squat: DON'T COLLAPSE DON'T COLLAPSE DON'T COLLAPSE DON'T COLLAPSE

Bench: DON'T EAT IT DON'T EAT IT DON'T EAT IT

Overhead Press: DON'T DROP IT DON'T DROP IT DON'T DROP IT

Deadlift: DON'T POOP DON'T POOP DON'T POOP DON'T POOP

Thissss so much this. And usually some variation of "Oh God I'm gonna die".