what do you do when you want something sweet?

Options
I love fruit, even dried fruit and I have tried the Skinny Cow line is ice creams , but what do you do when you want that richer kind of sweet? What are some of your favorite things to eat when you really must have something sweet ?

Replies

• rainydaze613
    rainydaze613 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have a bunch of organic cookies and asian biscuits at the back of my pantry- they're definitely rich; a tiny serving has a ton of calories, but I make sure they're natural- no hfcs or hydrogenated oils. And I let myself have one serving if I need it :) tastes a lot better than diet "fillers", that's for sure. And sometimes, a bit of chocolate is all I need. I love organic dark chocolate and Aldi's imported chocolate bars. Only one or two squares at a time, and I'm sure to savor it!
    Also, sometimes flavored greek yogurt or even plain greek yogurt with some fruit (namely pineapple or mango) helps to curb my sweet tooth.
    Frozen bananas with Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter from PB&Co is also amazing.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I like protein bars that taste like candy bars. And sometimes, I just have whatever it is I'm craving.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    leave some edible undies on my wife's pillow as a hint
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Whatever I want. lol Everything in moderation. ;) If I want a little bit of ice cream I will have some. I just don't go overboard like I used to.
  • bjnorvell
    bjnorvell Posts: 43
    Options
    One of the great Shakeology recipes, like drinking a milk shake but way healthier!
  • boredgeek
    boredgeek Posts: 8
    Options
    Fibre 1 Peanut Butter and Chocolate Bar (100 cals, 5g of fibre)
    Vector Chocolate Chip Energy Bar (protein bar that is delicious)
    Kashi Trail Mix Bar (150 cals, 4g of fibre)

I drink diet pop, and use sweetener in my coffee/tea as well. Yes yes, I know that sweetener is very scary and I know the reason why it is, but I manage it fine.
  • monicamk1975
    monicamk1975 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    chocolate, lindt 60-85% dark chocolate is the best and ghiradelli with carmel filling is a close second :)
  • Spudeata
    Spudeata Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Kellogs - Rice Krispies Square Chocolate Bar - 25g Snack bar = 112 cals

Chewy, chocolatey and satisfies sweet craving for me :-)
  • InstantSunshine
    InstantSunshine Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I go over to Richmond Park and get Mick Jagger to Pour Some Sugar On Me. :laugh:
  • kpwatson
    kpwatson Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    dark chocolate pieces . I do eat the fiber one brownies sometimes. 90 cal and some fiber too! I eat gummies bears when i want sweet that isn't chocolate.
  • IndyInk
    IndyInk Posts: 212
    Options
    I eat a bowl of Chocolate Krave. It's a cereal that tastes like Cap'n Crunch filled with Nutella. Rich and wonderful. With some unsweetened almond milk, a cupful comes in at about 200 calories. :)
  • bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I usually go ahead and eat something sweet. But I look for stuff that is lower calorie. I also go for a smaller portion. The mini Dairy Queen Blizzard is good for me. Big enough to taste and enjoy, but small enough to not blow out my calorie allotment for the day.
  • missprincessjenny
    missprincessjenny Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I made homemade lara bars with coconut and no sugar added dark chocolate. I store them in the freezer.
    Or greek yogurt, a tsp of cocoa and a tsp of honey.
    I also have a stash of chocolate hearts from valentines day. I really should give it to my kids before it goes bad.
  • Michelle81285
    Michelle81285 Posts: 107
    Options
    I have whatever it is that I am craving, but a small portion. Say I want M&M's I will have a few. Its not worth trying not to have it then breaking down and eating the whole bag!
  • jcomley1
    jcomley1 Posts: 133
    Options
    teaspoon of nutella on a banana. banana's are great for satisfying sweet cravings and with nutella- such a simple sweet snack.
    PS This advice comes with a very severe warning.
    Most people who buy nutella, cannot stop at a teaspoon.
    you have been warned.
    LOL! :laugh:
  • 4stephklug
    4stephklug Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I luuurve chocolate so I'll have one or two hershey's choc kisses with almonds. yum. I need to replenish my stock :)
  • walkner88
    walkner88 Posts: 165
    Options
    odwalla chocowalla bar, or dark chocolate. Sometimes strawberries or blackberries will do the trick.
  • MaggieMay131
    MaggieMay131 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I talked to one of my coaches about this and she suggested going for a healthy fat to curb the craving! Something like nuts or a nut butter works. It really helps!!
  • averysmami
    averysmami Posts: 17
    Options
    Denise,

I keep a bag of high quality dark chocolate chips in the cupboard. They're teeny tiny but having all those little bits in a little bitty bowl makes it seem like more so I don't feel deprived.
    I also freeze bananas. When I want ice cream I put a banana in the food processor and pulverize it. Instant ice cream and about 90 calories.
    1/2 cup of marshmallows, sugar free pudding cups and sugar free Jello cups, a small frozen fudge bar, 1/2 small apple with 2 tablespoons fat-free caramel ice cream topping; all sweet and 100 calories or less.
    You know I have a sweet tooth!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter. The Peanut Butter and Co brand has some amazing variety. Like White chocolate cinnamon raisin swirl, and dark chocolate