~*~* May Challenge- 5 plus pounds TEAM BLACK ~*~*

Options
♫GO BLACK TEAM GOOOOO, GO BLACK TEAM GOOOOO, HEY BLACK TEAM, WHAT-DO-YA-SAY, WE ARE GONNA WIN TODAY!!! ♪

Remember, this is TEAM BLACK from the 5lbs down group as started by Satyrakk.

**************************************************************************************************

This is our meet up spot in the meanwhile since the group message board is down.

Post your progress and encourage one another!

Remember this week's challenge is to try something you never have before -- could be a new food or healthy dish...perhaps an exercise or fitness class you always wanted to try. Maybe you want to begin weightlifting... Whatever it is like NIKE ---JUST DO IT!!!

~KELLY team black captain

Replies

• DrivenDiva
    DrivenDiva Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    MAY CHALLENGE SPECIFICS

The goal of the month is to lose 5 pounds (or more) while staying accountable with our intake and calories spent throughout the month.

On the first, and then every Tuesday following, we will weigh and report to the group page (or original thread if group page not working).

On this page we will put on May 1:

1. Team COLOR
    2. Current weight
    3. Month's weight goal

There will also be available a "challenge" for the teams. By completing the challenge, each team will be able to earn bonus for weight loss or calories for the week.

During the week, team members should be in contact with other team members for encouragement and support. (Remember there are some people who value being anonymous, so if someone on your team is sticking just to weight loss/exercise and not sharing their life history, that is okay). Try to send encouragement to each team member as often as possible.
    Every Tuesday after that we will log:

1. Team COLOR
    2. May 1 weight
    3. May 8 weight (and add a date to every week after 15, 22, 29)
    4. weight difference*
    5. Calories burned that week*
    6. If you completed the challengE

Look for the challenge for the next week as you report!

Our wonderful stats/math people (thank you) will then take the information provided on the * spots and come up with team averages. Wednesday morning we will post the top five teams in each category with their numbers. We will post after the first week the winners for the week and the winners for the month totals... so every week your team has a new start!
    (Team leads please let me know if there are any people on your team who are not participating so we will not average them into the statistics.)

Please note-

Calories burned should be only reported if it is actually caused by effort, sleeping with a heart rate monitor on and logging the time DOES NOT COUNT! If you have questions over what counts as calories, please discuss it with your team members. I trust you can work together to be honest in your reporting.

Second, remember we are in this for the long haul. Please be healthy. Eat at least 1200 calories and do not do any type of exercise that your doctor would not approve of.

Third, if you do not report, for whatever reason, you are out of the challenge. If you know you will be away from the computer all day on Tuesday, report on Monday.

I hope this is clear enough. We will see if the group sites are up (hopefully) for weigh in on Tuesday. If not, please put your info on the original thread.

Good luck to all! FIVE POUNDS FOREVER!!!
    :happy:
  • wandering1
    wandering1 Posts: 26
    Options
    Hi Team Black!

I did my weigh-in this morning at 192 lbs. Yuk, I am up 0.6 from my regular weigh-in day of Sunday! I have been under my calorie goal and exercising regularly. I'm hoping it's just the natural flux of a few days.

My monthly goal is to lost between 5-10 lbs by the end of this month!

Here we go!!!

Wendy
  • DrivenDiva
    Options
    Don't be discouraged Wendy. Fluctuations happen all the time. We have to pick right up and continue the fight!

I just looked at my weigh ins for April and I kind of plateaued the whole month with only a 4-lb loss. But that's okay!!! I'm learning and re-learning how to eat and what exercises burn more for me. I will hit my 8 lbs loss goal this month! :glasses:

~Kelly
  • Agirard25
    Agirard25 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I plateaued almost all of April, and I am ready to make a big loss in May!!!

I posted my weight this am, 144.6 with my goal of getting below 139 this month! I am going to eat fresh and clean and stick to the outside of the grocery store...away from the processed stuff in the middle!!!
  • bella7966
    bella7966 Posts: 49
    Options
    I am at 239.4 and would like to get down to 232 if possible. My challenge is to try and do some push ups doing the wall ones to get used to it as never done them in my life. Will work on getting to a lower level x

~claire
  • DrivenDiva
    Options
    I do push up off the bench press bar and just move it down a notch when I need some more challenge. I'm hurting from my upper body workout yesterday. I think I may have over did it. :frown:

Still working out tonight but not as to tear up anything this time!
  • DrivenDiva
    Options
    Oh and I wanted to share my salad I just made:

romaine and spinach leaves, green bell pepper, carrots, quarter of avocado, a drizzle of olive oil, and a big splash of seasoned rice vinegar. I topped it all with a sprinkle of grated parmesan and 2 slices of thin roast beef. It was yummo!
  • TamikaAnn
    TamikaAnn Posts: 5
    Options
    MAY CHALLENGE SPECIFICS

The goal of the month is to lose 5 pounds (or more) while staying accountable with our intake and calories spent throughout the month.

On the first, and then every Tuesday following, we will weigh and report to the group page (or original thread if group page not working).

On this page we will put on May 1:

1. Team COLOR
    2. Current weight
    3. Month's weight goal

There will also be available a "challenge" for the teams. By completing the challenge, each team will be able to earn bonus for weight loss or calories for the week.

During the week, team members should be in contact with other team members for encouragement and support. (Remember there are some people who value being anonymous, so if someone on your team is sticking just to weight loss/exercise and not sharing their life history, that is okay). Try to send encouragement to each team member as often as possible.
    Every Tuesday after that we will log:

1. Team COLOR
    2. May 1 weight
    3. May 8 weight (and add a date to every week after 15, 22, 29)
    4. weight difference*
    5. Calories burned that week*
    6. If you completed the challengE

Look for the challenge for the next week as you report!

Our wonderful stats/math people (thank you) will then take the information provided on the * spots and come up with team averages. Wednesday morning we will post the top five teams in each category with their numbers. We will post after the first week the winners for the week and the winners for the month totals... so every week your team has a new start!
    (Team leads please let me know if there are any people on your team who are not participating so we will not average them into the statistics.)

Please note-

Calories burned should be only reported if it is actually caused by effort, sleeping with a heart rate monitor on and logging the time DOES NOT COUNT! If you have questions over what counts as calories, please discuss it with your team members. I trust you can work together to be honest in your reporting.

Second, remember we are in this for the long haul. Please be healthy. Eat at least 1200 calories and do not do any type of exercise that your doctor would not approve of.

Third, if you do not report, for whatever reason, you are out of the challenge. If you know you will be away from the computer all day on Tuesday, report on Monday.

I hope this is clear enough. We will see if the group sites are up (hopefully) for weigh in on Tuesday. If not, please put your info on the original thread.

Good luck to all! FIVE POUNDS FOREVER!!!
    :happy:
  • Linny055
    Linny055 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Go Team Black!!

Weigh In: 165
    Goal: 158 (This is a stretch, but I need it to get back on track!)

Weekly Challenge: I'm going to try to start a nightly routine of *some* floor exercises after we get our daughter down for the night. Usually I browse the pantry, so maybe this will kill two birds with one stone!
  • TamikaAnn
    TamikaAnn Posts: 5
    Options
    I am team BLACK! My weight this morning was 177. My goal is 165. Come on team let's do this....
  • cbanks74
    cbanks74 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Diva, your salad sounded so yummy I went home and made one for dinner! Thanks for sharing!
  • Linny055
    Linny055 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ok team, I had a bit of a heavy lunch... so to stay within my calories I have to eat a light dinner. Please send will power vibes my way! :)
  • cbanks74
    Options
    Sending Vibes Now...
  • cbanks74
    Options
    I am posting my weigh in here as well I put it on the original board earlier but want to be sure to be include in the challenge.

CW: 134.6
    May GW: 129

I am hoping I can button the top two buttons of my work pants by the end of May ;0)
  • lovecbear18
    Options
    I weigh 128.5, but I have a higher percentage of body fat for someone with that weight, so I'd like to stick to eating healthy and making an effort to get some exercise in each day to get to 123.5 by the end of the month!
  • DrivenDiva
    Options
    Chrsitine, I'm so glad you liked the salad!! They can get very boring eating them every day, so when I find another way to enjoy them I just have to share! I should eat another one for dinner, hmmmm...LOL

Linny, stay stong..you got this!!

Lovebear! You can do it..you have a sensible goal in mind and with determination you will get there. That goes for all of us really.

I posted on the other thread but I'm starting at 240 and I want to drop at least 8 lbs this month. I only did 30 mins on the bike today. My workout got cut short because I overdid it yesterday and am paying for it royally now. So a light dinner it is.
  • MamaBear57
    MamaBear57 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    My CW is 140 and GW for this May challenge is 135 (again). Had reached it last month but this weekend and some other things I gained it back. This is my first true gain since I started this in July of last year.
  • MamaBear57
    Options
    Coming up with a challenge was a challenge all by itself. Up until 2 months ago I was working out an hour in the morning and in the evening (sometimes more). This was pretty much everyday until my body said it needed at least one day off. During this time I have completed 30 DS, HIPHOPADS, EA Sports on xBox connect, and HIIT training on the treadmill.

I have lost around 40 pounds as of today. My husband is active duty military and was deployed the entire time I was changing my body image. I have 2 girls (7 and 5) who also demand my attention. Plus I had to be done by a certain time while my husband was deployed so we could skype before bedtime.

Now that I have given you a quick breakdown of where I sit right now I can get to my new challenge. I was in a challenge group before and my average CalBurn was over 1000 pretty much everyday for months. Once my husband came home I took it down some so I could start toning. I was loosing to much weight at one time and my skin could not keep up with firming.

I feel that this challenge group will allow me the opportunity to refocus and be accountable to someone other than myself. This group depends on everyone to keep it going. I will not let any of you down

My challenge for the entire month of May is to start HIIT training in the MORNING every other day. Before I always did it at night and I absolutely hate doing this in the AM. But I have not been doing it lately sooooo this is a great opportunity to create a new habit.
  • pinkupooh
    pinkupooh Posts: 155
    Options
    Team Black:
    SW 5/1: 178.6
    GW 5/31: 172 or less ( I would love to get down to 168, can I push for it?)

One of the chellenges I have set for myself this week is to drink 12 cups of water to flush out extra slat/toxic from my body....:)
  • MamaBear57
    Options
    Update: I got up to work out this morning and got everything ready, Still a little cold plus the fact that I have not gotten on the treadmill in FOREVER now I knew it would hurt. Got on and completed 10 minutes of HIIT training and 20 minutes of walking. Actually enjoyed it which was suprising. Enjoy your day!!