What am I doing wrong? Help!

Options
Hello, I've never posted on here so I really hope I get some responses. I'm 16 and 119 pounds. My BMR is 1399. I realize I'm young and my weight is perfect but my body is not perfect(to me). Just about two weeks ago I changed my eating lifestyle, NO proccessed food, I eat all natural. My diet is mostly carbs and protein. My problem is I'm a lacrosse player... oh yeah I'm a girl. I play midfield for lacrosse and within an hour of game play you burn over 400 calories. I sprint A LOT and have a lot of playing time. During season I don't do cardio other than yoga and sometimes I'll do a mile or two on the weekend. Usually at the end of the day I'm always under my calorie goal. I eat a large breakfast, lunch, dinner, and small snacks between but all the food I eat is low cal and all natural, then of course I add in my cardio and I still have 900 remaining calories... yet... I have not lost a pound, I've lost weight and I gained it back. My waist line is still the same. My aim is really to get rid of my floppy love handles. I realize it takes time but I'm really struggling with my calorie intake.
Do I only eat the 1400 cal or should I eat the stuff I burned off?
I don't really have a goal weight but apprx 111 pounds is where I want to be.
Also, I'm trying to weight train but my muscles are really fatigued after lacrosse.
I drink 1/2-1gallon of water a day. No soda or artificial sweeteners.

Advice? Pleaaaase?
Thank you!:cry:

[EDIT]
I'm about 5'5.
I eat lots of meat. Ranchers chicken tenders are apart of my intake daily(if you don't know what ranchers chicken tenders are please google it before assuming they are bad).

Replies

• michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Please don't go on a low calorie diet at your age! Eat your calories back... What does MFP tell you to net for calorie intake? Eat! Start adding in weight training to build the muscles in your body... you will end up with the figure you're looking for that way.

If you start dieting at 16 you will just wreck your metabolism.

Ugh... I'm sounding like the mother that I am. Sorry.
  • Gwoman2012
    Gwoman2012 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    You are supposed to eat the calories burned (or at least a part of them). There are a lot of all natural calorie dense foods- avocado, coconut oil, nuts, seeds (and nut and seed butter), meat (if you eat it), cheese, milk, etc. so that really isn't an excuse.

How tall are you? Also if you really want specific advice you need to make your diary public.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hello, I've never posted on here so I really hope I get some responses. I'm 16 and 119 pounds. My BMR is 1399. I realize I'm young and my weight is perfect but my body is not perfect(to me). Just about two weeks ago I changed my eating lifestyle, NO proccessed food, I eat all natural. My diet is mostly carbs and protein. My problem is I'm a lacrosse player... oh yeah I'm a girl. I play midfield for lacrosse and within an hour of game play you burn over 400 calories. I sprint A LOT and have a lot of playing time. During season I don't do cardio other than yoga and sometimes I'll do a mile or two on the weekend. Usually at the end of the day I'm always under my calorie goal. I eat a large breakfast, lunch, dinner, and small snacks between but all the food I eat is low cal and all natural, then of course I add in my cardio and I still have 900 remaining calories... yet... I have not lost a pound, I've lost weight and I gained it back. My waist line is still the same. My aim is really to get rid of my floppy love handles. I realize it takes time but I'm really struggling with my calorie intake.
    Do I only eat the 1400 cal or should I eat the stuff I burned off?
    I don't really have a goal weight but apprx 111 pounds is where I want to be.
    Also, I'm trying to weight train but my muscles are really fatigued after lacrosse.
    I drink 1/2-1gallon of water a day. No soda or artificial sweeteners.

Advice? Pleaaaase?
    Thank you!:cry:

Well conidering you are young and an athlete, you should be getting around 2000 calories a day. Also instead of adding cardio, you need to add strength training. And i am not talking light weights high reps. I am talking heavy weights where you fail at 8-12 reps. That is how you cut fat. Its not all about weight. Its about lean muscle mass and making it cut fat.
  • selfm0tivated
    Options
    No no its okay! I'm not dieting though, I swear. I'm changing my lifestyle to healthy, there is a difference. The MFP tells me 1400 as well.
  • selfm0tivated
    Options
    Does muscle eliminate fat? I've hear a lot about this.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    From what you've said 1400 seems really low. At the very least you should be eating back your exercise calories. Be careful...eating healthy is admirable..but be smart too! Good luck!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    No no its okay! I'm not dieting though, I swear. I'm changing my lifestyle to healthy, there is a difference. The MFP tells me 1400 as well.

If you are setting your calories, you are dieting. It really isnt a good thing for adolescents to do as it can get into bad habits and can lead to an eating disorder. If you just try to eat natural foods and stay away from sodas, and start weight training, you will still cut fat. As an athletic teen, you wont have an issue with weight gain.

Strength training does cut fat, cardio doesnt. But seriously, dont track calories. If you dont eat enough you can cause plenty of issues for when you get older.

!
    Also when i was in high school i was playing so and could literally eat three big macs without gaining an ounce. In fact i probably averaged 5000+ calories without an issue.