Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Looking for other Gastric Bypass patients

I had Gastric Bypass on 11/04/2011 (about 5 months ago) and I've lost 65 pounds so far. It hasn't fallen off like I'd hoped it would--I still have to get my butt off the couch and move and I still have to watch what I eat. I had hoped that I would "dump" with sugar so I would never want it again . . . but that just isn't the case. I'm looking for some others who are on their journey--whether just starting out or already at goal to be friends with.

Replies

• Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Hi, my name is Kimberlee, 48. I had biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch on 9/6/11. I've lost 95 lbs. so far. It isn't easy to lose this weight. It has taken diet and exercise. I have dumping with carbs and fats sometimes. Feel free to add me.
  • Hey Ladies, I had GBP 02/26/2005. I am currently working to get my Post baby x2 weight off after 3 years. Please take it seriously, the weight will stop and return quickly. GBP is only a tool to assist but yes you will still have to watch what you eat and work your butts off. Good Luck to you both.

Tonya
  • Bump
  • digitallady2001
    digitallady2001 Posts: 1 Member
    I had RNY 7/25/2011 and it was the best decision I ever made. I am healthy and as a bonus I am back to my high school weight and size!
  • I had GBP in Feb. 2010. I lost about 125 pounds, but have gained about 10 back in recent months. I'd like to get down 25-35 from where I am now. Trying to get myself back on track, focusing on protein and avoiding sugar. Sugar addiction has come back with a vengeance, but I'm trying to kick it again now! Good luck, all.
  • I had gastric band with plication on 4/9/12. I am looking for new friends, feel free to add me if you like.
  • kathiehughes
    kathiehughes Posts: 192 Member
    Bump
  • ladycshell
    ladycshell Posts: 1 Member
    Lorianne,
    I am so there with you! I had my surgery on 9/24/11 and have also lost 65lbs. Just saw my surgeon on Friday and had only lost 10lbs in 3 months. We agreed I was 100% non-compliant! That's why I'm here, tracking and walking again. I DO NOT want diabetes again!
    It's been quite a journey so far, and the honeymoon is over as far as weight just falling off without doing anything!
    Best of luck to us!
    Mary
  • HI everyone!

I'm Pre-op, my surgery (RNY) date will be in august or september of this year.
  • Angelgirl040688
    Angelgirl040688 Posts: 56 Member
    well i had lapband surgery on 11-11-10.. i lose 60lbs but then i stoped seeing my surgen so i gained 16lbs back... now im here and working hard to lose the weight.. feel free to add me if you would like...
  • goofygal12
    goofygal12 Posts: 2
    a friend of mine had gastric surgery on 10/13/11 and has lost 130 lbs. i kn ow she watches her sugar faithfully. i dont know if that helps you at all. good luck
  • MDdivagirl
    MDdivagirl Posts: 1
    Hi Everyone,

I started my weight loss program Dec 2010 and had RNY 10/6/11 -- I have lost a total of 125lbs!! (65 was preop). It's great to see similiar post op numbers because I feel like a "slow" looser". Congrats to everyone and best of luck :smile: