What's your number one weight loss tip?

Options
I need help in my weight loss journey. I'm really struggling to lose weight, IDK why it's so difficult for my body, but this really is hard. SO, I want to know what's worked best for other people. What worked best for you?

Replies

• Mommyof3texans
    Options
    I plan my eating ahead of time - fill out my diary before I eat so I can see it how it all fits in and then adjust if I have to. I find that I'm less likely to eat bad if I already know what I'm going to eat.

Aside from skim milk in my cereal and protein, I stick to drinking water almost exclusively and my morning black coffee of course :)

Lots of protein, I like to try to balance my macros through out the day so I get a good mix at each meal/snack.

Move, move, move - I try to do something 5-6 days a week exercise wise.

I did a lot of reading trying to find the best foods to eat that would help me get healthy and lose fat and I try to eat them often.
  • samuraidoctor
    samuraidoctor Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Here's the program I instituted at the start of the year:

1. Weigh myself everyday, and post the weight to my mother-in-law, sister-in-law and daughter, as well as tell my husband. Keeps you focused.

2. Use myfitnesspal to write down EVERYTHING I eat, the good, the bad and the downright ugly.

3. I love to eat more than I have to exercise, so I exercise every day so I can eat more.

4. I try to stay in bed for at least 7.5 hours so I can get 7 hours of sleep.

5. I totally agree about not drinking your calories.

6. I went gluten-free and relatively low carb (I rarely substitute gluten free starchy stuff for all the bread, cereal and pasta I'm not eating)

7. If you plan your meals ahead and shop accordingly, it will save you from just grabbing the first thing when you're hungry and too impatient to come up with a healthy meal to eat.

8. I review what I've done with food and exercise to make sure I don't get overwhelmingly hungry from under-eating.
  • MommyToFour24
    Options
    WATER. I try to get at least 12 glasses a day. My weight loss stalls completely without it. It's hard to get used to drinking that much water for about a week but once your body adjusts you'll be thirsty if you don't drink water. You can do this!
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Find your TDEE ( total daily energy expenditure ) If you use Google it there are many calculators out there. When you get this number net 500 calories below that number.

Also when you make changes in your calorie intake, give your body time to adjust ( I would say from three weeks to a month ) especially if you are making big changes. Another one would be to find a good macro calculator, and get your protein, fats and carbs all balanced out.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    That's a cool question.

When hungry, eat the protein and veggies first, then add in your carbs lightly.
    For example, eat a portion of chicken (which is cooked and waiting in your fridge for you), and a slab of red bell pepper and/or other veggies, slowly, then eat whatever carb you have chosen in moderation.

I have more tips, but why bombard you? You can message me if you want more. Best of wishes to you! :)MinMin
  • Rickly
    Rickly Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I always plan on having a very tasty, high quality, nice (but small) meal every evening. If I have that to look forward to, I find it easy to deprive myself during the day.
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Water, track your food and please, please do not be afraid to eat! You must feed the machine!
  • amanda776
    amanda776 Posts: 50
    Options
    Mine is what if you are craving something - EAT IT. I'm not saying an entire tub of ice cream but give yourself just a few bites or a small serving. It's much better to let yourself have it rather than having that craving for a long time and then giving in and binging.