*** Runners' Team * 50+ and 100+ Miles in May *

Options
Cooriander
Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
Hey, hey, hey again Oldies, and welcome Newbies to the:

*** Runners' Team * 50+ and 100+ Miles in May Challenge *

We survived April YAY, and Hello May! This is our 9th month of running!

*** Checking-in/Joining:

To join, simply let us know your goal mileage, then check-in periodically, reporting your total mileage and what you have done for the day, or if you have a race coming up!

Example Check-in report throughout the month (note reporting total mileage of the month is the most important statistic for the spreadsheet):

"I ran 5 miles today, I have run a total of 57 miles for the month! (:"

If you like a mileage ticker, here is a "how to thread" describing how to set up and update your ticker:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/413332-runners-team-s-howtos

*** Where to post:

In this (A) thread or in the (B) group check-in threads below at the appropriate end date (or both A and B).
A. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/581369--runners-team-50-and-100-miles-in-may
B. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/660-runners-team-challenge-x-miles-in-a-month (join group first)

*** When and Frequency:

We will have check-ins at least once a week on Sundays (see dates on spread sheet). So it would be good to get updates
- at least once weekly on or before Sunday.

Feel free to update us more because is fun to hear from you and what you are accomplishing - and your updates helps us keep inspired too.

*** Spreadsheet:

We will check point your progress within this thread and the group threads with the spreadsheet snapshot below that refreshes as the month progresses. Since the image changes you need to make sure you refresh your browser to ensure you have the latest retrieved cached copy.

*** Spread Sheet & Trophy & Legend:[/u][/b]

2012-May-Check.PNG
2012-Legend.PNG
2012-May-Trophy.PNG

Replies

• mrsshides
    mrsshides Posts: 26
    Options
    Put me down for 75 miles this month!!! I have my first half marathon coming up this Sunday!!!
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    here's hoping.... 50 if i can get back to running soon.
  • ishapeme
    ishapeme Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    hi I’m ready to do a better round 2!
    Im graduating this Friday so I really want to start this new chapter of my life with a good routine.

I’m going to shoot for 60 miles this month!

Thanks!
  • i_am_asparagus
    i_am_asparagus Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Can you put me down for 50 miles again? Thanks!
  • evertongirl
    evertongirl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    im new but would love to join - aiming for 50 miles this month.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Put me down for 270, please.
  • wombat94
    wombat94 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I signed up last month - I thought about it and set a goal which I met (60 miles - I actually ran 67)... but never checked in if I did sign up.

This month, I'd like to join... put me down for 70 miles. And I will check in.

Thanks,

Ted
  • dsharpie
    dsharpie Posts: 55
    Options
    well I have not met my goal in March or April, so to increase my goal seems silly. However, I am training for a marathon and my schedule keeps adding miles so my goal for this month is 100 miles. I did get closer in April and if I can refrain from injury and my neuroma doesn't kill me I should be able to meet this goal.

Thanks for keeping up with all of us.
  • ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I am going for 100 this month, gulp wish me luck.
  • ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Maria, thank you again for spearheading this awesome undertaking.
  • Kwika
    Kwika Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 50. Sorry about the end of last month. I ended up with sun stroke and was not able to complete Apr. I am all in for May and will hopefully not encounter that again. Still weak and head still is sensative from getting burned but will definitely be here.
  • Cooriander
    Options
    CarsonRuns said:

Put me down for 270, please.

OH myh :noway: [picked the smiley for the growing eyes] and I look forward seeing you progressing, it will be inspirational!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Cooriander
    Options
    ken1994 said:

I am going for 100 this month, gulp wish me luck.

you can do it! I am going for 100 too :smile: it is time to kick it up a notch!
  • Cooriander
    Options
    Kwika said:

I'm in for 50. Sorry about the end of last month. I ended up with sun stroke and was not able to complete Apr. I am all in for May and will hopefully not encounter that again. Still weak and head still is sensative from getting burned but will definitely be here.

Excellent! Sorry about the sun stroke, but glad to see that you are back!!! :flowerforyou:
  • czmmom
    czmmom Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I would like to join... my goal is 50 for the month and I ran 3 miles today! My total so far is 3 miles.
    I am training for a 15k this summer (the Boilermaker) and a half marathon in October.
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Put me in for 100. I won't slack this month!

5/1 - 8 MIles

exercise.png
  • hegster01
    hegster01 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'd like to run a minimum of 50 miles in May. This post really kept me motivated to run last month. Thanks for doing this :)
  • Carlton_Banks
    Carlton_Banks Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I'd like to run 70 again. I'll boost my mileage again in a few months when I start training for a marathon in October. I have a 5K coming up later this month, so I'm doing more speed workouts.
  • utes09
    utes09 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Put me down for 65 for May.

2.75 today! :)
  • i_am_asparagus
    i_am_asparagus Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    1.9 miles on the elliptical yesterday and 3.1 miles out on the pavement today. 5 miles for the month.