1st May! New Month, New Start! What are your May goals?

Options
1235»

Replies

• TahanyE
    TahanyE Posts: 83
    Options
    Logging every day for the entire month. Cut back my portions, allow myself cheat days once per week. NOT have more cheat days than once a week. Work out 4+days per week all month.
  • nbpoli
    nbpoli Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Thanks for all the replies. Some really motivational stuff on here from everybody. Looks like May is gonna be a great month for everyone!
  • CeeRawr89
    CeeRawr89 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    First goal for May is to log in every day, (so far so good, been logging for 20 days now. Second goal is to lose 5 lbs, and do 30 squats and lunges (with weights) 3 times a week, and 30 day shred! May is my month!
  • DiscoveringSoul
    Options
    1) log everything
    2) at least an hour of walking each day
    3) lose 10 pounds
    4) no junk!! (except a 69 kcal milky bar - if I lose that week)
    5) 8 hours of sleep (less than 6 increases your hunger by 15%)
    6) drink at least 6 glasses of water a day (I hate the stuff hahah!!)
    :):) my new month resolutions !!xx
  • lowash67
    lowash67 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My goals for May is to loose 5lbs. I will attain this goal by increasing my activities and eat less carbs.
  • Arrica
    Arrica Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Get them size 12's fittin' better...and if I happen to need to go down to a size 10 I wouldn't complain!!
  • livefree1127
    livefree1127 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    May goals: eat more veggies and less meat, try more products that are reduced fat, get my exercise up to 3x a week, spread peace, joy and love
  • niss63
    niss63 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My goal for May is reach my fat loss goal of 184 lbs. I intend to do this by:

*Reaching my macro nutrient goals
    *Eating more fruits, vegetables, legumes, nuts
    *Avoiding processed foods
    *Limiting dairy (I'm addicted to Chobani)
    *Continuing the cardio workouts
    *Incorporating more resistance training

Looking forward to June when I will start concentrating on muscle tone and development after having reached my desired weight goal.

Ended the month at 189.2 lbs, which is down about 6 lbs for the month - approximately 1/2 of my goal. However, still a success. I did have about four days where I grossly exceeded my calorie needs - travel, graduations, holidays are all difficult. I found out that it is not enough to take healthy foods with me on a trip - I must also plan each meal, otherwise I will "graze" and over eat. It is also rather difficult to exercise normally when traveling. I'll have to work on this.

*Reaching macro nutrient goals - I did really well in this area.

*Eating more fruits, veggies, legumes, and nuts - This was also an area of improvement. I'm finding that my cravings for red meat are subsiding somewhat. Strangely, my taste for chocolate has increased. This seems odd for a guy that has never been a big fan of chocolate.

*Avoiding processed foods - Another successful area. Getting better at eating fresh and raw.

*Limiting dairy - Only fair success here. I've limited Chobani w/fruit, but I've started including more cheeses.

*Continuing cardio workouts - Overall an area of strong improvement. I've had very few days that did not incorporate a cardio workout of some type.

*Incorporate more resistance training - Utter and complete failure, which is a heavy contributor to my lack of attainment of my weight loss goal. I know I must work out (especially the upper body) if I am to maintain a healthy lifestyle, but it seems so pointless and like I am going no where when doing this. Maybe a PT would help, I dunno. Sometimes someone nagging me gets me going.

Thoughts and advice are welcomed. I'll post new goals in a June thread.