How to make yourself drink water!

Options

Replies

• tlao2427
    tlao2427 Posts: 6
    Options
    Water sucks. But, ya have to drink it. I drink 20 oz right after the gym. Then 16 oz with lunch and dinner and then sip on the rest with a snack. Its hard though. I do add crystal lite to it. Most important step is ice. ICE cold water isnt so bad. Godd luck
  • dennadivelbi
    Options
    Two of my favorite parts of my work day are lunch and leaving! So I have a 32 oz h2o bottle at my desk and tell myself that it has to be empty before I can eat my lunch. Then I refill for lunch and it needs to be empty before I can go home! I usually end up drinking more than my 64 oz so it works for me!
  • sunshine45356
    sunshine45356 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Drink nothing but water and keep a bottle with you all day. You will drink it.
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I only buy large bottles for water. I keep one on my desk, that's plain water. One is in the office fridge, with 3 teabags; a mixture of green tea and a fruity flavor.

I also keep water at home; near my makeup, my nightstand, and in the kitchen. Once you get used toit, you're thirsty a lot !!!

Do yo like lemonade or sports drink or anything like that ?
    am i the only one who thinks your default pic looks like a hand holding an implant? lol
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Step 1 Open mouth

Step 2 Bring straw to lips

Step 3 Suck Down

Step 4 Repeat over and over during the day

:flowerforyou:
  • clariangel
    clariangel Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I started by only drinking water while I was eating. That was my only rule. Then eventually I got to where I wanted water in between meals. so now I pretty much only drink coffee (2 cups a day usually) and water. That's it, and I feel great!
  • silhouettes
    silhouettes Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I just plain out force myself to. It gets easier but I never really enjoy it.
  • clariangel
    clariangel Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Step 1 Open mouth

Step 2 Bring straw to lips

Step 3 Suck Down

Step 4 Repeat over and over during the day

:flowerforyou:

hee hee, this works too :)
  • pstaceyca
    pstaceyca Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I love water but was having a hard time getting my son to drink more(and he is an athlete). So I started cutting up fruit and putting it in water in the fridge...he loves it. He like water with orange slices the best so far. Just fill up a bottle and take it with you!!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    I invested in a good quality plastic bottle which holds about 3 cups. So my goal is to drink 3 a day. I keep it with me wherever I go (an important thing when you're on the go) and then I think about it more. Like someone said, 8 cups isn't a huge amount if you drink over the course of the day. I do add Crystal Light to-go packs to at least one a day. Yeah, some of the stuff isn't the greatest, but it's meant to go in 2 cups, I put it in 3 (so it's more dilute) and I don't have it all the time. And if it helps me get my water, I think it's a good trade-off.
  • dvankuiken
    dvankuiken Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I didn't read this whole post but drinking water with a straw is a miracle worker for me. I usually down 12 plus glasses a day with my water bottle - but only if I have a straw. I think it's purely a mental thing - but it works.
  • TheCurvyJ
    TheCurvyJ Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I want to say a standard glass is about 6oz? But if I depend on myself to refill a single glass 8 or more times, it'll never happen.

I keep a 33oz bottle of water at my desk and a 16oz refillable cup. it's easier for me to drink from a cup than a giant bottle so I keep refilling it till the bottle is gone. Repeat. I can get down 2-3 bottles a day and then at night I have a 16oz cup that I refill once or twice. I don't like to be up and down all night so I get most of my drinking done during the day and taper off after 5.

I have a cup of tea in the morning. Otherwise I only drink water. Used to hate it, but for me as long as it is filtered, it goes down fine. Faucet water tastes like metal to me. Can't drink it.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    What's the trick to getting yourself to drink enough water during the day? I'm supposed to be drinking at least 8 glasses and I am proud to ever get to 3!

If your tap water is bad: Bottled water or filter the water.
    Add a citrus wedge.
    Drink from a nice glass.
  • jamoore94
    jamoore94 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I hate water personally so I understand the difficulty, but I love things that are made with water like a cup of hot tea every morning and night, and during the day I drink a lot of water with Mio and Crystal Light because it gives it a lot of flavor without calories.
  • tbskipp
    tbskipp Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I found a bottle at Target made by Rubbermaid. It has a straw in it and holds 32 oz. I carry that thing with me everywhere i go! Work, gym, in the car, at home. I am finding i fill it up AT LEAST 3 times a day. That's 96 oz!!!
    I add ice to make it even better. Here are some helpful facts also:

10 Reasons to Drink Water
    1. Water is absolutely essential to the human body’s survival. A person can live for about a month without food, but only about a week without water.
    2. Water helps to maintain healthy body weight by increasing metabolism and regulating appetite.
    3. Water leads to increased energy levels. The most common cause of daytime fatigue is actually mild dehydration.
    4. Drinking adequate amounts of water can decrease the risk of certain types of cancers, including colon cancer, bladder cancer, and breast cancer.
    5. For a majority of sufferers, drinking water can significantly reduce joint and/or back pain.
    6. Water leads to overall greater health by flushing out wastes and bacteria that can cause disease.
    7. Water can prevent and alleviate headaches.
    8. Water naturally moisturizes skin and ensures proper cellular formation underneath layers of skin to give it a healthy, glowing appearance.
    9. Water aids in the digestion process and prevents constipation.
    10. Water is the primary mode of transportation for all nutrients in the body and is essential for proper circulation.
  • e_trexler
    e_trexler Posts: 32
    Options
    You know those cups that have recently com into fashion? The ones with the lid and straw like a drive-thru cup? Well, that's the best thing for me. I received one as a "thank you" gift for my work on a literacy council. It's 16 ounces and I have found I drink more water using that. It must be the straw! I can knock back at least five of those a day.
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    1. open mouth
    2.tilt glass or bottle so fluid flows into mouth
    3.swallow
  • tweetybaby69
    tweetybaby69 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    20 Tips For Getting Your 8 Glasses of Water Daily

Sometimes drinking our eight glasses of water a day can be a real challenge Here are 20 tips to help you accomplish that feat! It is said by many beauty experts that drinking your water is the cheapest, quickest way to look better! That should motivate us!

1. Make a bet with a co-worker to see who can drink more water in the course of a day.

2. Have a big glass of water at every transitional point of the day: when you first get up, just before leaving the house, when you sit down to work, etc.

3. Make it convenient - keep a big, plastic, insulated water bottle full on your desk and reach for it all day.

4. When you have juice (apple, grape, or orange) fill half the glass with water.

5. When you have a junk-food craving, down a glass of water immediately. You feel full quickly and avoid the calories, and it lets time pass till the craving fades.

6. Have one glass every hour on the hour while at work. When the work day is done your water quota is met.

7. Substitute a cup of hot water with a drop of honey for tea or coffee.

8. While at work, get a 20 ounce cup of ice and keep filling it up from the office water cooler. The key is drinking with a straw - you take bigger gulps and drink much more.

9. Freeze little bits of peeled lemons, limes, and oranges and use them in place of ice cubes - it's refreshing and helps get in a serving or two of fruit.

10. After each trip to the restroom, guzzle an eight-ounce glass to replenish your system.

11. Don't allow yourself a diet soda until you've had two to four glasses of water. You will find that you won't want the soda anymore or that just half a can is enough.

12. Let ounces of water double grams of fat: When eating something containing 10 grams of fat, I drink 20 ounces of water.

13. Drink two full glasses at each meal, one before and one after. Also, drink one glass before each snack so you don't eat as much.

14. Carry a small refillable water bottle at all times and drink during downtime; while waiting in a bank line, sitting on the train, etc.

15. Use a beautiful gold-rimmed glass and fill it with cold water from the tap.

16. Drink two glasses of water immediately after waking up.

17. Bring a two-liter bottle of water to work and try to drink it all before you leave work. If you don't finish, drink it in traffic on the way home - it's like a race.

18. Always keep a 24-ounce bottle of water handy while watching TV, doing laundry, making dinner, etc.

19. Add drinking two glasses of water to your daily skincare regimen. Drink, cleanse, moisturize, etc., then drink again.

20. Drink your water out of a big Pyrex measuring cup - it's a good way to keep track of how much water you are drinking.
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound silly, but if you get a big Nalgene (sp?) bottle, and put a straw in it, and just keep it under your chin, and sip through the day, you will finish the whole thing by lunch, guaranteed.

I love water. I have drank 3 bottles of water by lunch time, which is about 6 cups. I know some people just don't like it. Flavoring it is a good idea too.

Warning- soda dehydrates you. I always find myself more thirsty after a can of Diet Coke.
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Oh, and your skin will love you for it!