Fit Bit

Options
Does anyone have any experience with the Fit Bit? I ordered one and today is my first day wearing it. Just wanted to know what syncs on MFP and how it all works. Thanks!

Replies

• pamh5555
    pamh5555 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    it is awesome. Do you have your accounts linked? i just added food to my fitness pal and let the fit bit add all my exercises for the day.
  • redmapleleaf
    redmapleleaf Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit and I love it. I have both accounts linked to each other. You log everything on MFP, even certain workouts and everything gets synced over to fitbit. Fitbit will also take into account of how active you are during the day and give you exercise adjustments on MFP. I have to go but if you have more questions you can message me or post them here.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    It's a fun gadget. Log your food only on MFP and a summary will be synched to Fitbit. Fitbit tells MFP how many calories you've supposedly burned and MFP increases your calorie allowance for the day. I would observe my actual calorie needs, not merely based on Fitbit and MFP.
  • Toybuzz
    Toybuzz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I absolutley love my Fitbit, I've had it three weeks and it's made so much of a difference to my activity levels.

Brilliant that Fitbit and MFP work together so well, I track my food here because the app an food list are the best.
  • cclark1203
    cclark1203 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit and for a long time had it linked to MFP. I ended up unlinking them to keep everything clean. Here's the problem that I had, it would change my numbers on MFP based on the fact that it gives you exercise calories even for walking to the mailbox and you earn activity calories for a full 24 hours which messed up everything for me personally. I have a very low total calories out for the day and I would overeat based on Fitbit. I still love my Fitbit and now use it for what I bought it for. I track my activity during the day and sleep efficiency at night. I have reset my MFP to the # of calories I want to eat and only eat that much.

You have to decide what you want the Fitbit to do for you. Mine was only tracking my activity to get an idea of how much I move during the day because I always felt that the online calculators were way over the top for me and I was right. My general activity during the day doesn't really go above 2100 except on really active days then on those days I do eat more.

The Fitbit helped me to see patterns in my life and then I adjusted everything accordingly.
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I had a lot of questions about it too. My work is giving us one for an exercise competition we are doing. Hopefully it shows up today!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of this. there is an iPhone app. How is this different than a pedometer? How does it work with myfitnesspal?
  • marcf2001
    marcf2001 Posts: 110
    Options
    You can consider Fitbit as a glorified pedometer.

In practice, it is a lot more and also it is extremelly small and I wear it all day long without thinking about it.

It is good to track steps and stairs and be sure you move enough.

I don;t trust calories from exercise whatever the source, including the ones from fitbit.

But it is nice to see the food from mfp in the fitbit logs by linking the 2: mfp food and water will be copied to fitbit and fitbit calories burned will be copied to mfp.