Does it matter?!

Options
I am trying to lose 25 lbs and just started counting my calories on this site. I am supposed to stay at 1200cal a day, and I noticed on this site it also gives you an amount for carbs and protein to stay at. I have only ate 500cal so far, but I am already over my protein by 3 today. How is this going to affect me?

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I never get those numbers right on. Ever. You'll lose the weight as long as your calories are under control, and you'll get closer to those numbers if you eat a balance diet, but getting them perfect in the beginning isn't necessary- something to work on as you get a better handle on the calories.

__

Then again, when you only have 25 pounds to lose, you may find that lots of little things make a big difference, and you may have to pay closer attention to the amounts even from the beginning.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    The protein is set low and should be viewed as a minimum. The fat grams should be used as a maximum. Hope this helps.
  • fjtcjt
    fjtcjt Posts: 199
    Options
    I agree, if you have a well balanced diet and go over on carbs or protein it shouldn't be a problem as long as you are getting the total calories correct.
  • TwinMama
    Options
    I agree. The numbers will deviate.
    However, I just read an article that stated protein overload can lead to excess weight...that Americans on average consume more protein then is actually necessary.
  • fifrenzyguy34
    fifrenzyguy34 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Those numbers won't be spot on. The main thing I aim at is the calories. I'm on an 1,800/day regiment. I will advise you about keeping your daily caloric intake below 1,500. If the body feels that energy coming in (calories) is low and that a source of food may be depleted, your metabolism may slow down to keep stored energy for a longer period of time. I don't think you'd be having problems if you reached 1,500/day so long as they were high in fiber, fruits, and veggies. Good luck with what you're doing!! :-)

256580.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • metalpalace
    Options
    Everyones target receptor cells to nutrients and blood sugars are at a different sensitivity level. That sensitivity can even fluctuate with weight change. This is why what works for one may not work for another and is also why no one here can tell you how your body will react to what you're doing.

If you follow generally accepted guidelines and make SMALL adjustments to your own findings then you WILL be successful in learning about your body and in reaching your goals.