Crock Pot Pulled Pork

Options
coliema
coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
546kc3.png
ao5180.png

Here it is! :bigsmile: My Crock Pot BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Basil, Garlic Powder, and Parmesan Fries! It's 479 calories, not including the bun ( I didn't eat mine with a bun, my fiance did). You will have to calculate the bun in yourself :wink:

Here's the pulled pork recipe:

You will need:
A 3-4 pound Pork Shoulder/Butt
A bigger bottle of BBQ Sauce (any brand)
1 cup water

Take the Pork Shoulder/Butt and place in your crock pot, add the cup of water around the sides of the pork. Turn the crock pot on low and cook for 10 hours. After the 10 hours, the pork should be very easy to shred, shred it with a fork and add the BBQ sauce. Mix the BBQ sauce in and let it cook on low for another hour. And that's it! You have your pulled pork! :tongue:

Here's the Basil Garlic Powder Parmesan Fries recipe/directions:

Potato (use as many as you'd like)
Oil
Basil
Parmesan
Garlic Powder

Cut the potatoes into strips and lay flat on a baking sheet. Add a small amount of oil to them and spread it around. Add basil, and garlic powder to taste. Then sprinkle some parmesan cheese over top and cook on 350F for about 25-30 minutes, depending on how thin you cut your potato. :)

Enjoy! :wink:

Replies

• kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I was a bit disappointed there was no recipe for the BBQ sauce! I try to avoid buying highly processed foods and sauces. The pulled pork BBQ recipe I found online tasted terrible.

Keeping my fingers crossed that someone has a good homemade recipe to share!
  • amanda52488
    amanda52488 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    My bf makes potatoes just like that! He bakes them in foil in the oven, yum.

I have never bought a pork shoulder/butt... is that what its called at the store? lol sorry dumb questions!
  • coliema
    Options
    I have a recipe for homemade BBQ if you'd like me to post it? I didn't have time to make my own today because I work all day, that's why I decided to make this because it cooks for 10 hours and I don't need to stand there and cook it!

@Amanda- You can either buy a Pork Shoulder or a Pork Butt, lol. I know it sounds funny but that's what it's called! I bought a Pork Shoulder, I couldn't see myself buying a Pork Butt!
  • amanda52488
    amanda52488 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Hm ok, good to know. Thanks!
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    This sounds delish!! I've been looking for a recipe like this and I love Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. Yum Going to try this!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Sounds similar to what I make sometimes. Delicious and incredibly easy. Gotta love crock pots!!
  • coliema
    Options
    I LOVE Baby Ray's too! :tongue:

I love my crock pot! That's actually the second dinner I've made in it, and I've had it for two years. I never knew how easy it was! I'm hoping to make more dinners that way.
  • fugaj01
    fugaj01 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    bump
  • hml86
    hml86 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!! Looks Delish!!
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I made pulled chicken sandwiches in the crock-pot before and they came out just as good as pork! I used the McCormick seasoning packet, and there were some additional ingredients it called for on the back of the packet (stuff that most people already have in the pantry), plus a bit of water, and I used skinless chicken thighs. After they cooked for about 8 hours it was very easy to pull out the thigh bone and then I shredded it in the crock-pot and let it cook about another half hour.
    My family loved it and want me to make it again!
  • DarinGettingHawtin2013
    DarinGettingHawtin2013 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    If anyone wants the recipe for crock pot Eastern NC pulled pork, let me know. It's completely different (not sweet, but vinegar-based). :-)
  • coliema
    Options
    Those chicken sandwiches sound delicious! I have to stick with 10 hour recipes because by the time I set it, drive to work, work and then drive back home it's just around 9 1/2 hours. I'm new to this whole crock pot thing! I appreciate any recipes anyone would like to share :)
  • klakers3
    klakers3 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing. I love crockpot recipes!! The fries sound delicious too. I've been meaning to make some sweet potato fries so if I do, I might try it with the pulled pork. :)
  • Cathy7794
    Cathy7794 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    If anyone wants the recipe for crock pot Eastern NC pulled pork, let me know. It's completely different (not sweet, but vinegar-based). :-)
    I'd love to have that recipe, please. :) I love the vinegar based pulled pork.

Also, in regards to the original recipe posted here...I make this all the time, but to keep the calories a little lower, I don't add all of the bbq sauce to the meat in the crock pot. I only add about 1/4 to 1/2 of the bottle. I think it tastes much better than it does drowned in the bbq sauce. :)
  • coliema
    Options
    I added a little less than the entire bottle, but then I added a little more to the pork once I got in on my plate....I can't help it...I love BBQ :embarassed:

I've always wanted to try sweet potato fries or a baked sweet potato, but I have yet to try it!
  • berlinda7
    berlinda7 Posts: 1
    Options
    Sounds delish! Just FYI "pork butt" is pork shoulder. They just call it pork butt at some places. But it's always from the shoulder. :))
  • CanuckTracy
    CanuckTracy Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    yes pls :)
  • amyreafleng
    amyreafleng Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Boston Butt is pork shoulder....pork tenderloin would be a leaner cut of meat...and works very well for crockpot pulled pork!
  • katlynx6
    katlynx6 Posts: 68
    Options
    bump!
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I have a pork tenderloin in the crockpot right now. Tenderloin 12oz of Coke, root beer, or Dr. Pepper. Cook on low all day. Scrumptious and easy!