1 Hour Lunch and no time for a workout and shower....

Options
1 Hour Lunch and no time for a workout and shower....does anyone have any suggestions for a workout that will burn calories but not make me sweat so much???

'Preciate ya
Sherrie

Replies

• dinovino_59
    dinovino_59 Posts: 1,700
    Options
    walking....
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    Well I use my lunch hour to walk for 60 minutes. I usually refresh in the ladies room after. But it works for me.
  • ATLMel
    ATLMel Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I run on my lunch (except during the summer months...Atlanta gets HOT). I put baby wipes and some crazy strong deodorant (Sure Dri or some stuff) in my gym bag. A quick wipe with the baby wipes and some deodorant and a brush and I'm good to go. After about 10 mins, no one can tell I was sweaty!
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Well I use my lunch hour to walk for 60 minutes. I usually refresh in the ladies room after. But it works for me.

second. Also I keep some resistance bands in my desk. You can do some strenght training in and empty conference room.

http://exercise.about.com/cs/exerciseworkouts/l/blresistanceban.htm
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I run on my lunch (except during the summer months...Atlanta gets HOT). I put baby wipes and some crazy strong deodorant (Sure Dri or some stuff) in my gym bag. A quick wipe with the baby wipes and some deodorant and a brush and I'm good to go. After about 10 mins, no one can tell I was sweaty!

This is what I do too, I spritz some body spray too. I'm flushed for about 20 minutes but then it's fine.
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    walk
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    1 Hour Lunch and no time for a workout and shower....does anyone have any suggestions for a workout that will burn calories but not make me sweat so much???

'Preciate ya
    Sherrie

We have a small gym here at work, so here's what I do:

- scurry from my desk to the locker room, change into workout clothes, scurry to the gym (5 minutes)
    - Get on the elliptical, get my heart rate to 145-150, get a 45-minute sweaty workout in (45 minutes)
    - Get a solid 2-minute stretch in, scurry back to the locker room, take a fast shower, get dressed, scurry back to desk (10 minutes).
    - Plunk my butt back in my chair almost exactly 60 minutes after leaving it.

Net result: 650-to-700-calorie sweaty burn in an hour, plus shower.
  • mafery
    mafery Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I run, spin or boot camp during lunch. I then wipe off with baby wipes, brush my hair, and put on some deodorant and get back to work. They only need to deal with me for half a day after I work out. Honestly, it works and no big deal.
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I just get all sweaty. I know not everyone can do that, but some just refuse.
  • 4flamingoz
    4flamingoz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I ride my bike for 50 minutes or strength train for 45, run back to my office(next door to the gym-I work at a private school) and take a shower. I sweat too much not to take a shower-even when walking!
  • ashlielinn
    ashlielinn Posts: 920
    Options

This is what I do too, I spritz some body spray too. I'm flushed for about 20 minutes but then it's fine.

Random, but what do you do with your hair? Do you wear it up the whole time? Just curious...my office has a gym and I'd love to use it during lunch, but get pretty gross when I work out :/
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    hill workouts on the treadmill
  • ATLMel
    ATLMel Posts: 392 Member
    Options

Random, but what do you do with your hair? Do you wear it up the whole time? Just curious...my office has a gym and I'd love to use it during lunch, but get pretty gross when I work out :/

I generally wear my hair up on workout days. Then a quick brush and some bobby pins and it turns into an easy (and professionaly acceptable) french-twist-ish style.
  • I have started working out pretty hard during my lunch break doing Crossfit type exercises...I don't have much time so I go really hard really fast...I normally clean up with this product called Shower Pill...I use to use baby wipes but after using Shower Pill I feel cleaner and not embarrassed to go back in to work
  • My wife uses shower pill with some weird expensive "dry shampoo." She said your hair can be a little damp just not soaking wet