Help me on my new fruit idea *** :)

Options
Im tired of eating the same things here and there. So i wanted to switch it up.

What i was thinking is switching 2 meals out of my day with fruit.
Different kinds, nothing in particular.

But i need to stay away from snacking on all this bad stuff again..(cheetos, candy, cupcakes, all that **** that makes ppl fat) Im getting sucked back in becuase im gettin bored with what im eating and dont have much time to be a cook for not even one night. So i figured i love fruit and can eat it any day, any time. So i was thinking to just switch my meals up with a bowl of fruit and just snack on healthy snacks if i need one. I know Protien is important so i will make sure i eat a protien bar or some lean meat atleast 5 days out the week.

CAN I HAVE YOUR INTAKE ON THIS IDEA?

8350105.png

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Fruit has lots of nutrients & fiber ..... but very little fat or protein. Fruit is a good side dish, but not so good as a meal (IMO). I think if the whole meal is fruit ... you're going to be hungry pretty quickly.

Have cottage cheese (or regular cheese) with your fruit ... this has fat and protein.

Tuna salad made with chopped green apple (red peppers & celery) ... yum.

Chicken salad with grapes and walnuts
  • ThaCookieMonster
    ThaCookieMonster Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Fruit has lots of nutrients & fiber ..... but very little fat or protein. Fruit is a good side dish, but not so good as a meal (IMO). I think if the whole meal is fruit ... you're going to be hungry pretty quickly.

Have cottage cheese (or regular cheese) with your fruit ... this has fat and protein.

Tuna salad made with chopped green apple (red peppers & celery) ... yum.

Chicken salad with grapes and walnuts

ok thanks for the response! i really appreciate it!
  • shalinimunjal
    shalinimunjal Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I usually snack on fruit. A small bowl of grapes after dinner, apple and peanutbutter for evening snack (between lunch and dinner), string cheese with grapes, mango after dinner is YUM. You can also have nuts and greek yogurt with your fruit..it's a great breakfast option.
  • alliegeorge
    alliegeorge Posts: 114
    Options
    I sometimes go for a chopped up apple and some slices of cheddar. Weird combo I know