JUNE STARTERS - Monday Weigh In - September 14

Options
Ok, this group came about from one of KandyJo's posts.... Here is the information regarding the group in her words...

"It seemed that a lot of us are in the same spot (I'm in the middle of my second week) so we thought how fabulous to start a group for all of us on the "same page" so to speak.
So, for now, I am identifying us as JUNE STARTERS becuase we haven't came up with a name yet

Ok, in this post....
People in this group need to have started their new journey to weight loss and/or a fitter person in June....recommittments count...that is where I am right now.... I'm a recommitter and I started two weeks ago... So, if you fit this description, welcome!
We want to start by you posting your starting weight, current weight (ew, I know) weight goal and any mini goals that you may have. If you want to share a little about yourself that is fine too.
We want to really good a good idea of who our group members are, so be sure to reply to this post!!!
Ok.... "

Side Note: I added this to the first post so that newcomers would know what the group is about if they come across this thread.

Replies

• datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    SW: 253.4 lbs (June 26)
    LW: 222.4
    CW: 222.2

Progress this week: - 0.2 lbs
    Total Progress: - 31.2 lbs

I hit my expected plateau now that I have started working out. I went to the gym everyday last week and my body hates me for it...lol. :bigsmile:

I think I must have pulled muscles in my triceps because they are extremely sore and I did my upper body workout last Monday. Usually the muscles are only this sore for 3 days but they are still killing today. On top of that I burnt my thumb on my flat iron yesterday so that hurts too.

I am a wee bit accident prone.

Well, I hope you are all doing well and had a great weekend.

Take care,
    Tammy
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    SW-185
    LW-145
    CW-145
    I haven't lost anything, but I've been eating alot and not exercising. So, I'm happy that I haven't gained.
    Good luck to everyone.:drinker:
  • schlieffen
    Options
    I'm postponing my weigh in this week. I'm in Saskatoon, SK for work. Truth be told, I'm quite afraid of the scales this week.. I've been pulling 20 hour days and eating out at least one meal a day. My schedule and eating habits are all mixed up, and no opportunity for exercise :grumble:

I've set my goals to maintenance while I was away and have tried to log what I can, but its hard with restaurants that don't have nutritional information. I'll just have to wait and see what the damage is
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    SW 208.5
    LW 179.5
    CW 176.5

3 lbs down again this week ... That means I hit my 30 lbs loss this week some time ... Yippee!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Good job ladies!

Maggs 3lbs! Amazing!

Tammy - down is down! Good job! Your hard work will pay off soon!
  • shannahrenee
    Options
    bump for Wednesday :heart:
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Ok, this group came about from one of KandyJo's posts.... Here is the information regarding the group in her words...

"It seemed that a lot of us are in the same spot (I'm in the middle of my second week) so we thought how fabulous to start a group for all of us on the "same page" so to speak.
    So, for now, I am identifying us as JUNE STARTERS becuase we haven't came up with a name yet

Ok, in this post....
    People in this group need to have started their new journey to weight loss and/or a fitter person in June....recommittments count...that is where I am right now.... I'm a recommitter and I started two weeks ago... So, if you fit this description, welcome!
    We want to start by you posting your starting weight, current weight (ew, I know) weight goal and any mini goals that you may have. If you want to share a little about yourself that is fine too.
    We want to really good a good idea of who our group members are, so be sure to reply to this post!!!
    Ok.... "

Side Note: I added this to the first post so that newcomers would know what the group is about if they come across this thread.

awesome!!! Thank you!! :drinker:
  • kandyjo
    Options
    SW: 253.4 lbs (June 26)
    LW: 222.4
    CW: 222.2

Progress this week: - 0.2 lbs
    Total Progress: - 31.2 lbs

I hit my expected plateau now that I have started working out. I went to the gym everyday last week and my body hates me for it...lol. :bigsmile:

I think I must have pulled muscles in my triceps because they are extremely sore and I did my upper body workout last Monday. Usually the muscles are only this sore for 3 days but they are still killing today. On top of that I burnt my thumb on my flat iron yesterday so that hurts too.

I am a wee bit accident prone.

Well, I hope you are all doing well and had a great weekend.

Take care,
    Tammy

Your scale is still moving in the downward motion so I say it was a successful week! :drinker: I hope yoru muscles and your thump heal up soon :wink:
  • kandyjo
    Options
    I'm postponing my weigh in this week. I'm in Saskatoon, SK for work. Truth be told, I'm quite afraid of the scales this week.. I've been pulling 20 hour days and eating out at least one meal a day. My schedule and eating habits are all mixed up, and no opportunity for exercise :grumble:

I've set my goals to maintenance while I was away and have tried to log what I can, but its hard with restaurants that don't have nutritional information. I'll just have to wait and see what the damage is

WOW...just reading "20 hour days" hurts... Bless your heart!! :heart: Take care of yourself. Can't wait until your back in the swing... Good luck with maintainence!!! :wink:
  • kandyjo
    Options
    SW 208.5
    LW 179.5
    CW 176.5

3 lbs down again this week ... That means I hit my 30 lbs loss this week some time ... Yippee!

Have I told you that you Rock my world?!!! :laugh: You're too awesome!!
  • Melissa_123
    Options
    Starting weight...181 (June )
    Last week...........156
    This Week..........153

I cannot wait to be in the 140's. Healthy for me is 147.6.....almost there. BUT....2 more pounds til I am down 30 pounds total. I am so loving this!! I am having a hard time with the gym since school started back. I still go everyday but it sure was easier in the summer, haha.

Congrats to all who are losing it!

All others, hang in there.....you know we have those days and weeks where it just doesn't move, uugghh!
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    SW 208.5
    LW 179.5
    CW 176.5

You have really kicked butt! Great job!:drinker:
  • vhaymakerv
    Options
    January 09
    Starting weight: 204.5

September 09
    current weight: 149

25-30 lbs to go!!
  • kaja
    kaja Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Gonna weigh in tomorrow.
    Just want to bump this thread.
  • magglett
    Options
    Good Morning everyone ... this week will be pretty stressful both at work and at home ... I'll have to take the time to be on my own and exercise to release some of it. The home stress will be over after this weekend so that will cut it in half ... the work stress I may have to deal with for a while ... it can be done and I will survive. Okay ... now that I've written that out I feel better already. I hope you're all doing well and I wish you easy healthy choices for the week.

Good_Morning54.jpg
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump bump! :laugh:

Hope everyone is doing good today! :flowerforyou:
  • kaja
    kaja Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Had a terrible eating and lack of exercise week but somehow managed to lose 2lbs. I'm really happy i've now reached my 10%.

SW - 180
    LW - 163
    CW - 161
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    SW 208.5
    LW 179.5
    CW 176.5

Fantastic!
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Well I think I have hit a plateau as well. I am up 0.8, but I have been the same for days, and today I know it is water, I am very puffy! C'est la vie. I will have to add in some extra cardio and water, see if that helps. I am not ready to start strength training yet.

Congrats to everyone that is still hanging in there. Some great losses this week, and some fantastic achievements. Keep doing it June starters!
  • magglett
    Options
    Hi all ... we've made it to mid-week ... three work days to get through 'til the weekend.

beautiful-day-butterfly.gif