What's the most expensive thing your toddler has destroyed?

Options

Replies

• maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    My nephew Sharpied all over a $400 ottoman. Dang kid.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it was the most expensive... my son was playing ball in the house and hit my glass 'kissing dolphin' wedding cake topper... I saw his face and told him it was okay. I loved him more than the piece of glass... if my husband had been alive, he'd have been really mad!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    My oldest son, now 17, when he was about 3 or 4 years old, we were in the process of painting the livingroom and had the furniture moved away from wall and he some how knocked over the curio cabinet right thru a big window!!!...yeah that was costly!!
  • amphora
    amphora Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    The interior of my car!

I didn't even consider that! Seriously, that is RUINED.
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    My sex life...

:laugh: :laugh:
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    My son broke a digital camera, one or both of my kids messed up the auto-focus on my $800 Nikon, my daughter put sand in my sewing machine. All of those are easily fixable, thankfully. The most frustrating is that they lost an Olive Garden gift card some friends gave us at Christmas. Losing out on a free meal is a total bummer.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    He took a baseball bat (Plastic of course) and went all Nelly Cruz on our TV. Um, cell phones, touchscreen e-reader, Kindle, all of our dishes, my sanity.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    My marriage as per I had a kid with my mistress and not my wife........

you win err... lose
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    My laptop.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Smart phone
    laptop
    hard wood floor
    my wife's uterus
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I would have to say...her chin. When she was 4, she and her sister were playing flying ninja's and I yelled at them to stop. Sister stopped, she didn't. Emergency room ($200) and several stitches later...She also managed to get up onto a chair and then crash over backwards (with the entire family within arms reach!!) causing a concussion and another emergency room visit (and another $200).

I removed all breakables from reach once they start crawling. They were not returned to lower than shoulder height until just last year (age 6).

My son once tried to put his grilled cheese sandwich into my VCR slot. That was the end of the VCR.
  • llahairdna
    llahairdna Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    My ex was going shooting with some friends, and our son, who was 2 days shy of 2 years old, snuck a shotgun shell and put it in his diaper. He waited a little bit and then when I was picking up the living room, put it in the microwave and turned it on. There was no ignition source, but the heat caused the casing to swell and burst, which sent the gunpowder and bb's shooting all over the inside of the microwave. My son wasn't hurt but very well could have been, and I freaked out accordingly. For about 2 years after that, everytime he saw a white microwave, he would ask if it had a shotgun shell. Ugh.....

My ex accidentally burned his parents' house to the ground when he was 3, so I guess I'm lucky it was only a microwave for me....
  • DMarkSwan
    DMarkSwan Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Throwing a rock in a parking lot an hitting someone's car, scribbling on ours and a neighbors car with a rock, ipod touch. Still, as someone else said, the worst (not just because its the most expensive) his ER visits. I can only think of swallowing a paper clip and busting his eyebrow on a trampoline. When he busted his chin open I used liquid bandage to glue it back together at home; it worked great. That reminds me of a lamp that was my wife's grandmother's that we tried to super glue.

We must have gotten much better at protecting stuff, because all those were my oldest son, we have 2 more. ...I hope I didn't just jinx myself.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    My kids, not all at toddler ages, have managed to go through 5 laptops in about 8 years
  • c8linmarie
    c8linmarie Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    My nice living room area rug when he "projectile vomited" all over it. Not on purpose though, he really did try to make it to the tiled area first...
  • whitneysaenz
    whitneysaenz Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    My wolf-dog ate my husband's motorcycle seat. Then, the day he got it replaced ($400), she did it again.

She ate the linoleum off the floor.
    She ate a door.
    She unearthed a backyard-wide sprinkler system.
    She dug up and carried around a tree.
    She chewed/punctured a can of spray paint and turned half her face/chest black.
    She severed the cable connection so many times, the cable guy gave us the tool to cut the cable and a bunch of spare tips.
    She ate/shredded a pack of cigarettes.
    She got a fish hook stuck in her lip.

My dog has cost me WAY more than any toddler!!!!!

Your dog sounds like my lab puppy (he's now 7 months old). TOTAL terror and way more destructive than my son ever was. Come to think of it.... my son hasn't been destructive in the slightest outside of normal toddler behavior when he was younger.
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    My son stuck mega blocks into my toilet and flushed them.
    I replaced it and a week later he did it again. Smh...

Oh and hes scratched up numerous of my wii games.

I went out and bought one of those safety things for the toilet.
  • Strobins05
    Strobins05 Posts: 716
    Options
    LOL, I love these stories of the kids and dogs....as for me I would say a diamond earring. Yep, she always played in mommy's jewelry box with what she then called mommy's toys.
  • tina_fay
    tina_fay Posts: 30
    Options
    My kids are 21 and 18 now, and I can't quite remember anything being broken that was expensive back then...no cell phones or lap tops or big screen tv's back in those days! But when my son was 7 he destroyed my car! He and his sister got in the car, he pushed the overide button near the gear shift and put it in neutral (no key needed to do this) and it rolled down the hill behind our house...hitting several trees along the way! Thankfully I taught them well and both of them had put their seatbelts on! Minor cuts and bruising for the kids, but the car sure did take a beating! I can laugh now :)
  • ArenM1
    ArenM1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    when i was 3 i flushed my aunts false teeth down the potty :laugh: