How often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Every single mickey Flickin day. I'm just mental like that.
  • mayerel
    mayerel Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Once a week! Monday mornings! That's it...I hate the scale!
  • turlykerd1
    turlykerd1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    every feckin morning, just before breakfast and the gym

it gives me a boost to start the day, and helps my ocd lol
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Morning and night. I like to see how different foods, exercise and certain biological functions effects my weight. :bigsmile: Only log it when I have lost weight at my lowest.
  • AimeeLynn90
    AimeeLynn90 Posts: 94
    Options
    I weight myself once a week, usually the same day every week. Though if I know I'm having a very bad week, I won't weigh in that week and just work harder the next week. That if I forget to weigh myself, I'll just wait another week or so.
  • deejaycee114
    deejaycee114 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    once a week
  • trinitylyons01
    trinitylyons01 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself daily, but only record my weight once a week.

Ditto

Ditto again! This helps me notice the fluctuations from day to day. Then I can check my food diary and look for things like high sodium intake, really fatty or high carb foods. It just helps me to adjust my outlook on what I'm doing and eating. I don't panic if the scale is up but I do like to check daily.
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    You don't even have to weigh yourself at all if you don't want to ! Let measurements or even just the way your clothes fit be your guide!
  • corderdeb
    corderdeb Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning but expect to see 1-3lbs fluctuations in my weight. Water retention is the main issue. As long as there's an overall downward trend, I'm happy.
  • jmapes9
    jmapes9 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Since the calories MFP allows you is based on how much you weigh, I make sure to weigh myself at least once a week.
  • DMarkSwan
    DMarkSwan Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, but I'm not focused on hitting a certain number on the scale, I want a certain number on the measuring tape, so the scale just tells me how well I'm measuring or estimating portions. I notice that I fluctuate, but its in a generally downward trend.

Weighing once a month would put too much pressure on that one moment. You might really lose it if you didn't see progress then. What if you were dehydrated on that day one month and well hydrated the next month. 5lbs of real progress could be hidden by a fluctuation. Or worse 5lbs of back sliding and you don't know to change something.
  • renwicker
    renwicker Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself on the daily, (usually) but I only track it every monday morning right after breakfast. However, weight is just a number, and everyones body carrys weight differently. I wouldnt pay too much attention to a number for a goal. It's helpful as a guide, yes, but it can hurt you just as much as help you. If you are healthy and feel good about yourself then what else matters? Not a number or being in a certain percentage for your height. I personally hate BMIs. Your body is changing from carrying fat to lean muscle and it weighs more. Dont pay too much attention to your evil scale. :wink:
  • TGIBriday83
    TGIBriday83 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    *Edit--- ^get out of my head haha

once a week usually. however, stop focusing so much on the number and more on how you look and feel. If you've decided to incorporate weights there's a pretty good chance that a lot of lost fat weight is going to be made up by gains in muscle mass. muscle is denser and heavier so a little bit of muscle gain can have a major effect. instead focus on how you look in a mirror, pay attention for any differences in how clothes fit, take measurements, and most importantly just pay attention to how you feel. do you have more energy and just better in general. take a picture once a week and compare. anything to help you see that changes are happening. eventually that number will go down, but remember it's just a number.
  • naner824
    naner824 Posts: 5
    Options
    I weigh every day multiple times a day :) but in your case with the weight lifting as you build muscle it weighs more than fat but also burns more calories than fat. So I love the tap measure idea, if you go with that for a while I am sure you will be pleased until the weight starts dropping drastically. Hang in there!!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself WAY too much.
  • stunningnickel
    Options
    About every other day but since I have one of those cheap scales with a dial I cant really tell unless I've lost at least a couple pounds.. I've noticed some people on here log every tenth of a pound. I might do that when I get closer to my goal but I still have a long way to go..
  • Sonnie124
    Sonnie124 Posts: 99
    Options
    The scale is just a number. How do you feel, how do your clothes fit? That's what I go by (but I weigh myself and freak if it goes up). Same thing, I lift weights and haven't lost in a while. You want muscle so don't quit!
  • JenaePavlak
    JenaePavlak Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I weight every morning when I wake up on my Wii.. I like how the Wii tracks it and I can see my weight drop in the long haul. I don't let it bother me when it goes up 4lbs in a day because I know it's temporary.. and it usually goes away in a day or two... I like because it lets me see minor plataus as well as seeing my last years results and seeing the amazing freefall..
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning and only log the losses. I accept that somedays I will go up, but as long as I am heading in a downward trend I'm ok with it.
  • LilGiselle21
    LilGiselle21 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    i weigh everyday first thing in the am. sometime more then once a day try to remember to track on mondays. Number doesnt really bother me if i gained i normally expected (too much sodium the day before) or monthly friend coming along. And if it is a little high then i just put more work into that day or feel my arms and thighs look at my belly and am like hey well my body is changing. i dont want to be so hard on myself cause i know i eat right most of the time and drink plenty of water and exercise when i can and know that eventually the number on the scale will change in the right direction.