Underwear for Running...

Options
2»

Replies

• pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Oh my god, mate, that blog post was my life, well my life with boxers! I get a big prob with chaffing and the likes. And I found when it got dark in the cold I wore skin tight running lycra trouser things. And my baggy shorts over them. My legs didn't rub and it was fantastic, I want to find the same only shorter to wear as effectlively 'boxers shorts'. Think I'm going to order online now!
  • pyrowill
    Options
    Also if you happen to get any chaffing issues I can personally recommend Lanacaine, from Boots, bloody amazing.
  • pyrowill
    Options
    Oh my fabrolata is massive hahaha
  • DMarkSwan
    DMarkSwan Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    C9 lined running shorts work for me and they're cheap. I did a marathon in them with no problem, although I might have added body glide as insurance. I use aquaphor for biking now, so if I ran long I'd probably use that.

If you do get chaffed, Desitin (or other baby diaper rash cream) works miracles. We keep having kids, so we've had in in the house for years now.
  • mtread13
    mtread13 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks very much everyone- just popped out...

That's dangerous in this thread!
  • James_H
    James_H Posts: 48
    Options
    Oh my god, mate, that blog post was my life, well my life with boxers! I get a big prob with chaffing and the likes. And I found when it got dark in the cold I wore skin tight running lycra trouser things. And my baggy shorts over them. My legs didn't rub and it was fantastic, I want to find the same only shorter to wear as effectlively 'boxers shorts'. Think I'm going to order online now!

Thanks for confirming that I'm not the only one with this problem!

I'm glad I posted this blog here- when I put it on my Facebook and Twitter, my friends all disowned me... But you guys "get it"!
  • Pearl0105
    Pearl0105 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Maybe TMI but I've always gone commando - perhaps a different story for men but hey it might feel good! :laugh:
    Doesn't work the same for guys, different plumbing and stuff. The 'Boys' get chaffed, and that is a very tender area to get rubbed raw. It's quite literally the gift that keeps on giving, day and night.

LMAO!!!!!!!!
  • James_H
    Options
    Tried out the Nike compression shorts last night and they worked a treat - good tip. The Body Armor ones are for tomorrow.

On another note, I tried on the Nike shorts and came into the living room where my girlfriend was watching TV, to ask her if she thought I could get away with wearing *just* those.

She distractedly said, "yeah, don't see why not..."... before looking closer and going "actually, oh my god, no way!"

So I will be wearing baggy shorts over the top I think!
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Tried out the Nike compression shorts last night and they worked a treat - good tip. The Body Armor ones are for tomorrow.

On another note, I tried on the Nike shorts and came into the living room where my girlfriend was watching TV, to ask her if she thought I could get away with wearing *just* those.

She distractedly said, "yeah, don't see why not..."... before looking closer and going "actually, oh my god, no way!"

So I will be wearing baggy shorts over the top I think!

LOL.

You could probably pull it off running in the street, but wear the baggy shorts in the gym.
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Well, I prefer to run in a g-string, but I'm not sure if that's your cup of tea ;x
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I'm in england too ...nike pro combat compression shorts are a must for me.. i think i have about 20 pairs now ..the under armour ones are great,too :-)
  • James_H
    Options
    Cheers guys - the Nike Pro Combat shorts win so far.

The Under Armor ones come up a size shorter for some reason, so I had to return the first pair (frankly amazed and slightly disgusted that they'd let me, but hey ho...)

The other thing about the Under Armor ones is that they have a quite prominent seam in a slightly uncomfortable place which rubbed a little bit - nothing like as bad as regular underwear, mind you...

I think I will be stocking up on the Nikes while I can!